Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Food That Makes You Want More

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Also anyone who has praised black pudding is a good person. Only seen fussy eaters and people who have never even tried the stuff say they don’t like it. If you taste it then you will know how world class it is.

That all depends on the standard of the black pudding

Some is tasteless shite, some is rich and meaty 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

fussy eaters

I'm not sure not fancying black pudding when you know what it really is, can really be classed as being a "fussy eater". lol

Seeing that being made is pretty disgusting and that's coming from someone who likes it. 

On 05/09/2020 at 19:52, Itsthejoeker said:

****ing pringles

These Salt & Vinegar bastards are my nemesis.

I love all crisps (and chocolates and sweet stuff, I have a huge sweet tooth but also the savoury equivalent) but nothing gets me binging like Pringles. I have even woken up with a hangover, despite not drinking, because I've polished off a couple of tubes.

27 minutes ago, Captain... said:

These Salt & Vinegar bastards are my nemesis.

I love all crisps (and chocolates and sweet stuff, I have a huge sweet tooth but also the savoury equivalent) but nothing gets me binging like Pringles. I have even woken up with a hangover, despite not drinking, because I've polished off a couple of tubes.

Pringles are the perfect hangover snack. Even to the point that the tube can be retained for vomiting in, if required (based on a real world example on the coach back from Faliraki back to the airport after a bender many years ago)

45 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Guru Ka langar stands for food from the  gurus free communal kitchen :D

About 15 years ago, I did an evening class in comparative religions that included visits to a gurdwara, mosque, temple, church etc (don't remember a synagogue - maybe Corbyn did the schedule? :ph34r:).

The visit to the gurdwara was the absolute highlight due to the tasty free grub we were given.

I must confess that I've yet to become a Sikh, though. 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 17:18, Dr The Singh said:

Guru Ka langar

Langar food is always good. For some reason the kheer they make always hits the spot, rotis on point, sabjis and daals. Getting hungry just thinking about it. My cousin is getting married this saturday so langar food for the win!

Outside of that...

-Apple pie

-pumpkin pie

-spicey chicken wings

- any prontas (paratha) made by my grandma (R.I.P.).

-mangos 

Bubble and squeak with brown sauce. (Why does leftover food always taste better than the original when re-cooked the next day?)

Poached egg with crispy bacon & toast with a bit of tabasco sauce and coffee. 

Mussels fried with wine and some kale.