Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Jonny Evans

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ease up a bit. 

Baraclough himself said he was 'doing right by his club' suggesting

that the decision not to play him was with us in mind.

He then went on to say Evans wasn't too happy not to be playing

I think you're reading too much in to that 'do right by his club' thing.

I see it as they don't want to risk further injury to him, meaning he's out long-term. Whether our club has had any involvement in that who knows. We have no idea. 

Likewise Evans probably isn't happy to be playing because he's missing out on playing for his country, he has pride in doing so and doesn't want to miss out :dunno:

I don't think it's right to speculate and say our club was at the centre of this decision when there's no basis for that.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I see it as they don't want to risk further injury to him, meaning he's out long-term. Whether our club has had any involvement in that who knows. We have no idea. 

Likewise Evans probably isn't happy to be playing because he's missing out on playing for his country, he has pride in doing so and doesn't want to miss out :dunno:

I don't think it's right to speculate and say our club was at the centre of this decision when there's no basis for that.

He'll also be annoyed as he's not had a single minute of football in pre-season and has got to sit out the next 3 first team games, where he is going to get any match fitness from is a mystery.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Speculation and opinion is kinda the point of any thread. 

My gut feel if a player was disappointed not to play it suggests the player wanted to play, even whilst carrying a slight injury. the club may have had an influence in him being withdrawn ....I could easily be wrong but it's a fair enough conclusion to draw

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

He's allowed his family issues and personal reasons to be away from the team. 

And if we're gonna give him any respect, at least spell his name right. No H!

So it’s not Hevans?

been spelling it wrong all this time!!!:mad:

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently he was one of the girls Foden and Greenwood rented in Iceland.

Interesting really that people are more concerned that Foden was in a different part of the hotel, Not that he has a wife and baby at home whilst he’s ‘ renting a girl’...

( didn’t mean you btw!)

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Interesting really that people are more concerned that Foden was in a different part of the hotel, Not that he has a wife and baby at home whilst he’s ‘ renting a girl’...

( didn’t mean you btw!)

Seriously? He's a kid himself. 

I thought the Evans AWOL mystery was resolved when I saw Evans on as sub tonight, obviously it was Corry and not Jonny.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll also be annoyed as he's not had a single minute of football in pre-season and has got to sit out the next 3 first team games, where he is going to get any match fitness from is a mystery.

Aren't the second team allowed a few older players needing match fitness?

25 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Seriously? He's a kid himself. 

I thought the Evans AWOL mystery was resolved when I saw Evans on as sub tonight, obviously it was Corry and not Jonny.

Think Tielemans was married with a kid at 20 also...

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Reading between the lines, Sounds like we made a call to pull him out and that he's (Evans that is)  not too happy about it

Reading a bit further between the lines, Evans has no injury and he was ecstatic not to play.

If you look a little deeper down between the lines you'll see that Northern Ireland didn't actually play any games and doesn't even exist.

It's all a conspiracy but you carry on wearing your masks and flying "round" the world. Wake up sheeple!!!

• Haha 2

I think he's had a good offer somewhere and is weighing up his options. We concentrated on tying down existing players before we bought a player, same as Demarai no new contract it suggests that they both could be moving on . 

If that's the case let's move them on now so we can at least make 20 mill on them before they can go for free..??

15 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

I think he's had a good offer somewhere and is weighing up his options. We concentrated on tying down existing players before we bought a player, same as Demarai no new contract it suggests that they both could be moving on . 

If that's the case let's move them on now so we can at least make 20 mill on them before they can go for free..??

lol

How have you come to this conclusion lol?! 

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lol

How have you come to this conclusion lol?! 

Just nothing coming from LCFC or any media,  also being our best defender since day one you would think being so cheap an all he would be the first on my list to be tied down to a longer contract?

Not a conspiracy, just a thought 

3 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Just nothing coming from LCFC or any media,  also being our best defender since day one you would think being so cheap an all he would be the first on my list to be tied down to a longer contract?

Not a conspiracy, just a thought 

The club has pretty much never said anything about transfers or speculation until a deal is fully done and agreed. I wouldn't expect anything from them about Evans. Even more so when there's been no media speculation anyway. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The club has pretty much never said anything about transfers or speculation until a deal is fully done and agreed. I wouldn't expect anything from them about Evans. Even more so when there's been no media speculation anyway. 

Maddisons new contract was common knowledge months before it was revealed by the club...

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The likes of Mendy and Vardy were not though so silence can mean anything.

Bullshit, I can reference the Mercury releasing both deals,and or in talks at least 3 weeks before the club announced it, along with several larger tabloids who covered the story 

Edited by Gwyn

9 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Bullshit, I can reference the Mercury releasing both deals,and or in talks at least 3 weeks before the club announced it, along with several larger tabloids who covered the story 

Larger tabloids and Sky had Mendy with an imminent move to middle East...