Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Jonny Evans

On 22/10/2020 at 20:14, Steve Earle said:

It'd be one hell of a back line that didn't have Evans as 1st choice!!!

If we lose Cags next year I can see Tarks coming in - so Evans Fofana & Tarks as first three choices, Amartey and either Benko or AN Other as 4th & 5th. Can't see Tarks coming to battle with little Wes for 3rd & 4th... 

Losing Cags and replacing him with Tarkowski is similar to selling your Ferrari and buying a Reliant Robin as a replacement.  What a shocking thought.

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

That's nothing, I'm 400 miles away and was appealing :D

Any word on his back, looked in considerable discomfort today?

Obviously I couldn't say this out loud in these parts but we could do with him giving the Northern Ireland games a miss. 

I reckon that'll be the crux of any new deal. After this play off game and potential summer tournament, I reckon a pre condition of any new contract is that he jacks in N Ireland

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Presumably if the player or agent leaks it. In this case however there seems to be no news, merely supposition. Evans may want to leave. The club may not believe he his worth the money he's demanding and wary of any mounting injury problems for too long a contract. He may be considering an offer whilst seeing what other opportunities are open to him, it's just a job after all and likely to be his last contract. Hardly surprising nothing is signed yet from both sides really, plenty of time for both parties yet under the circumstances. 

He’s gonna want 3 years ideally somewhere as a last payday. We will be thinking more like one or two but injuries are beginning to tell on his body here and there.

My bet is he will sign with us for two years on a decent wedge but if we only offer him one he’ll go elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’s gonna want 3 years ideally somewhere as a last payday. We will be thinking more like one or two but injuries are beginning to tell on his body here and there.

My bet is he will sign with us for two years on a decent wedge but if we only offer him one he’ll go elsewhere.

And presumably, we have Tarkowski on ice in any case.

Seeing how important Fuchs and Morgan have been and still are in the years since some of thought it was time they moved on shows how serious we need to be regarding players of Evans experience and quality. I'd loathe to see him leave in the summer, he still has so much to offer us and we surely still want him for the next few years.

My only concern is he had some " personal issues " that ruled him out of some of pre-season and the internationals. It's pure conjecture but if they are anything that would change his circumstances and make him want to leave due to location or one last bigger pay day then that would be a blow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Seeing how important Fuchs and Morgan have been and still are in the years since some of thought it was time they moved on shows how serious we need to be regarding players of Evans experience and quality. I'd loathe to see him leave in the summer, he still has so much to offer us and we surely still want him for the next few years.

My only concern is he had some " personal issues " that ruled him out of some of pre-season and the internationals. It's pure conjecture but if they are anything that would change his circumstances and make him want to leave due to location or one last bigger pay day then that would be a blow.

I'm sure the club want to keep him, but if his agent has walked in and said he wants two or three years, it's going to be protracted and we might not see an outcome until he knows what other offers he has on the table. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure the club want to keep him, but if his agent has walked in and said he wants two or three years, it's going to be protracted and we might not see an outcome until he knows what other offers he has on the table. 

I think the bit from Evans about there being no talks yet is quite peculiar though. Hopefully it was more of a direct response to whether a new deal was close yet and that the nitty gritty hadn't yet been discussed rather than literally no discussion yet on a new deal.

It's a huge year for needing new deals for many key players, Ricardo is another who we leave it past this summer and we don't get anywhere near what he is worth (£60-70m minimum if he overcomes his ACL injury).

I think the club will do whatever is required to keep him. He's still our no.1 centre back and has the most experience at the top level.

He's the ideal tutor and partner for our younger players don't be surprised if he's at the club for years to come.

Just look at Fuchs, Albrighton and Morgan this is a great club to see out your twilight years.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the bit from Evans about there being no talks yet is quite peculiar though. Hopefully it was more of a direct response to whether a new deal was close yet and that the nitty gritty hadn't yet been discussed rather than literally no discussion yet on a new deal.

It's a huge year for needing new deals for many key players, Ricardo is another who we leave it past this summer and we don't get anywhere near what he is worth (£60-70m minimum if he overcomes his ACL injury).

He said "No formal talks", which can obviously mean there has been informal discussions. 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

One more yellow, and he’s been picking them up, and he misses a match. I wonder if we’re going to try to manage that. Do Europa league matches count?

Eight yellows and a red in his last eight games in the league is a concern, we frequently dish out contract extensions even when players have a few years left so I'll trust them on this.

• Like 1

I think it would be foolish to argue hard if he wants three years.  He cost buttons, there's no transfer fee to pay and even in the twilight of his playing days I think he would be very useful to have around for his leadership, experience and for the development of others.  Just give him what we wants,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I think you're right all round there and you can see the argument from both sides equally I think. For me, whether it's been Maguire, Soyuncu or now Fofana, he's the absolute epitome of an experienced head that has kept them on track, United should rue the day that they ever got rid of him because he'd still be their best centre half!

A lucrative decent 2 year deal would be ideal I think and like Wes, who knows from there. His experience is still vital and although Soyuncu and Fofana will be our future two, they will both still benefit massively from his guidance and in a three, he would martial them well. Hopefully Benkovic can get fit and gain vital experience also.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Bloody magic, Johnny can speak French! :worship:

That is fantastic news for us...

Noticed a heavy influence in the squad for French speaking players. 

Fofana, Pereira, Mendy, Fuchs. 

Naively assuming Tielemans and Castagne can speak French. 

Perhaps Ndidi and Kelechi too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Noticed a heavy influence in the squad for French speaking players. 

Fofana, Pereira, Mendy, Fuchs. 

Naively assuming Tielemans and Castagne can speak French. 

Perhaps Ndidi and Kelechi too. 

We Need Puel back ,to manage them...:ph34r:

On 09/11/2020 at 07:55, Foxxed said:

One more yellow, and he’s been picking them up, and he misses a match. I wonder if we’re going to try to manage that. Do Europa league matches count?

I’m sure he’ll probably get one next time out against Liverpool anyway with a cynical foul to stop a counter, it might not be a bad one with Fulham at home the week after.