Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Jonny Evans

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

It'd be one hell of a back line that didn't have Evans as 1st choice!!!

If we lose Cags next year I can see Tarks coming in - so Evans Fofana & Tarks as first three choices, Amartey and either Benko or AN Other as 4th & 5th. Can't see Tarks coming to battle with little Wes for 3rd & 4th... 

Soyuncu's injury likely bought us another year with him, as did Ricardo's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He’ll be our Wes from next season.

Can see a couple of years of Soyuncu/Fofana as 1st choice with Evans used in a 3 or if one of them is unavailable. 

A part in the coaching team will surely then happen 

I have a sneaky feeling we won’t renew his contract and get tarkowski in.  possibly he won’t want to take a bit part role when tarks comes in and will refuse to sign an extension.

Hope i’m wrong! 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have a sneaky feeling we won’t renew his contract and get tarkowski in.  possibly he won’t want to take a bit part role when tarks comes in and will refuse to sign an extension.

Hope i’m wrong! 

This would be utter madness in my opinion. 

• Like 4

He's obviously a top defender and we'd be mad to let him run his contract down and leave in the summer. As said above he's got a couple of years left in him at this level.

That said, and I've mentioned it before, he really needs to sort his passing out. Again on Sunday, on at least 3 occasions, he's played what is clearly a deliberate pass straight to an opposition midfielder who has no Leicester player within about 15 yards of him. These aren't clearances, they are clearly passes, going for an intended target, and he's playing them under no pressure. All this does is put pressure straight back on us, and as the midfielder is in so much space he can basically do what he wants, advance forward, pick a pass etc. He's been doing this for a while, these aren't isolated.

Guest Hansifüx

Evans is great and I don't see an issues as long as he has partner CB with pace. He is fantastic in the air. He is a role model for the younger defenders. Experienced and valuable. Refs seem to respect him as well. For a long time an underrated CB in the PL. Keep him as long as possible if he wants to  stay.  That is my opinion. 

I remember watching him at the Etihad a few seasons a go at close quarters and was blown away with his positioning - IIRC at one point he had Sterling, Sane and Aguero all loaded up against him on his own. He kind of positioned himself in the middle of them all, never really sprinted or panicked, and just calmly dispossessed one of them at the right moment with very little effort. 

The bloke is like a Rolls Royce, we're so lucky to have him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I remember watching him at the Etihad a few seasons a go at close quarters and was blown away with his positioning - IIRC at one point he had Sterling, Sane and Aguero all loaded up against him on his own. He kind of positioned himself in the middle of them all, never really sprinted or panicked, and just calmly dispossessed one of them at the right moment with very little effort. 

The bloke is like a Rolls Royce, we're so lucky to have him. 

Also on another occasion one of the few that went out of his way for a photo with my lad.

Not going to criticise those who ignored us as it was the height of terrorist activity and I think security were very nervous

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2020 at 01:52, MPH said:

I agree!

but why are we allowing his contract to run down? And why, if reports are true, are we still going in for Tarkowski in the summer?

Nobody has the faintest clue what is or isn't going on behind the scenes. That is exactly the way that personal business like contracts should be done. Confidentiality is key and I wouldn't expect our owners to act any differently. If for some reason he didn't sign another contract then there would no doubt be a good reason. 

47 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Nobody has the faintest clue what is or isn't going on behind the scenes. That is exactly the way that personal business like contracts should be done. Confidentiality is key and I wouldn't expect our owners to act any differently. If for some reason he didn't sign another contract then there would no doubt be a good reason. 

it often gets out when we are negotiating contract extensions with players .. like it did with James Maddison quite recently .

• Like 1

Never mind his back, his eyesight is extraordinary. They showed an angle of the first penalty lengthways on MOTD2 and he was appealing for the handball 50 yards away when he was looking through the back of the Wolves player.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

Never mind his back, his eyesight is extraordinary. They showed an angle of the first penalty lengthways on MOTD2 and he was appealing for the handball 50 yards away when he was looking through the back of the Wolves player.

That's nothing, I'm 400 miles away and was appealing :D

Any word on his back, looked in considerable discomfort today?

Obviously I couldn't say this out loud in these parts but we could do with him giving the Northern Ireland games a miss. 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

it often gets out when we are negotiating contract extensions with players .. like it did with James Maddison quite recently .

Presumably if the player or agent leaks it. In this case however there seems to be no news, merely supposition. Evans may want to leave. The club may not believe he his worth the money he's demanding and wary of any mounting injury problems for too long a contract. He may be considering an offer whilst seeing what other opportunities are open to him, it's just a job after all and likely to be his last contract. Hardly surprising nothing is signed yet from both sides really, plenty of time for both parties yet under the circumstances. 

• Like 1