Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Jonny Evans

2 years + add-ons/leaving bonus. I think 3 years is too far with his age and 1 is not enough. He is on a hefty 80k wage so that's a few mill between now and then. It also gives him an opportunity for 2 years elsewhere afterwards between 33-35 years old. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Noticed a heavy influence in the squad for French speaking players. 

Fofana, Pereira, Mendy, Fuchs. 

Naively assuming Tielemans and Castagne can speak French. 

Perhaps Ndidi and Kelechi too. 

I did read that the Chelsea defenders speak in French during the game. Jonny and Cags will need Duolingo to catch up!

On 08/11/2020 at 22:38, volpeazzurro said:

Presumably if the player or agent leaks it. In this case however there seems to be no news, merely supposition. Evans may want to leave. The club may not believe he his worth the money he's demanding and wary of any mounting injury problems for too long a contract. He may be considering an offer whilst seeing what other opportunities are open to him, it's just a job after all and likely to be his last contract. Hardly surprising nothing is signed yet from both sides really, plenty of time for both parties yet under the circumstances. 

Leicester City have opened talks about a new contract with defender Jonny Evans. The Northern Irishman, 32, is entering the final year of his three-year deal. (Athletic - subscription required)

I don’t think our side will have released this... Prob Evans’s agent so  it might alert others and so we don’t try and low ball him.. 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Leicester City have opened talks about a new contract with defender Jonny Evans. The Northern Irishman, 32, is entering the final year of his three-year deal. (Athletic - subscription required)

I don’t think our side will have released this... Prob Evans’s agent so  it might alert others and so we don’t try and low ball him.. 

Has to be good news, let's just hope for a positive resolution. 

On 09/11/2020 at 08:03, Nick said:

He’s gonna want 3 years ideally somewhere as a last payday. We will be thinking more like one or two but injuries are beginning to tell on his body here and there.

My bet is he will sign with us for two years on a decent wedge but if we only offer him one he’ll go elsewhere.

...we have been generous with other team members and I can not see why you would not offer him a three year deal!!!

Wes, Fuchs, Matty James et al have had their contracts with us extended, beyond what any supporter would view as a reasonable period, why select him to be the one to have his request unduly scrutinised.

Give him what he has asked for, he has been a major influence in the development of this team, he still has a part to play.

Getting a new deal wrapped up for Evans makes complete sense on his side and our side so I'm sure it will happen in due course. Rodgers has said he massively rates Evans and will want to keep him around and Evans has all but said he definitely wants to stay. 

22 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54871035

Euro 2020 play-off final: Why Leicester City's Jonny Evans is Northern Ireland's 'best ever defender'

Just read that and then came on here to post it, but you beat me to it.  Obviously a bit of Northern Irish bias in there... but, Jonny is underappreciated in my opinion.  From Maguire to Soyuncu and Fofana and even the return of Fuchs, Evans is easy to overlook as he just goes about his business.  This quote sums up why:

"His reading of the game is superb. Very seldom do you see him making tackles; most of the time he nips in front of people or uses his experience to step off into clever positions."

The reality is, all those aforementioned players are made to look better because of his presence and the control he plays with.  I think Maguire's move to United shows that the most obviously, but even Soyuncu, when Evans was out, he wasn't the same player.  

I like everyone am excited by the abilities of Soyuncu and Fofana, but our best defender is still Jonny Evans.  And, he makes them better too!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Just read that and then came on here to post it, but you beat me to it.  Obviously a bit of Northern Irish bias in there... but, Jonny is underappreciated in my opinion.  From Maguire to Soyuncu and Fofana and even the return of Fuchs, Evans is easy to overlook as he just goes about his business.  This quote sums up why:

"His reading of the game is superb. Very seldom do you see him making tackles; most of the time he nips in front of people or uses his experience to step off into clever positions."

The reality is, all those aforementioned players are made to look better because of his presence and the control he plays with.  I think Maguire's move to United shows that the most obviously, but even Soyuncu, when Evans was out, he wasn't the same player.  

I like everyone am excited by the abilities of Soyuncu and Fofana, but our best defender is still Jonny Evans.  And, he makes them better too!

I agree with most of that but i thought soyuncu looked fine when evans was suspended personally, if anything evans was the one who had a drop in form after soyuncu got his red card.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

If we can secure Evans as a back up to replace Wes and get Tarkowski for free as the 3rd cb to compete with him for when he slows down. We would be sorted for years 

Well one year at least, until the big boys decide they want Fofana and Soyuncu

38 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Convinced we'll make it a precondition that he jacks NI in return for a handsome new contract. 

We can't have them absolutely rinsing through a rolls Royce of a player like they did last intl break

sadly true ... I spotted this on Baraclough's Insta ...

joyride.JPG.3a0335d8195579fd9afc67d5bb9af012.JPG

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If we can secure Evans as a back up to replace Wes and get Tarkowski for free as the 3rd cb to compete with him for when he slows down. We would be sorted for years 

I believe Tarkowski's contract runs till june 2022. I doubt that Burnley will let that run down & will sell him in the 2021 summer window. I don't see any club getting him for free.

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I believe Tarkowski's contract runs till june 2022. I doubt that Burnley will let that run down & will sell him in the 2021 summer window. I don't see any club getting him for free.

Tarkowski is refusing to sign a new deal with Burnley as he wants to get control back of his career. Liverpool will soon be in the market for a CB.