Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Jonny Evans

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

1 year left on his contract and no talks yet. Would be incredible mismanagement on our half if we let him go for a free this year considering our lack of depth at centreback. Doesnt seem to be showing any signs of declining yet either, he could definitely be one that keeps going till he's 35/36.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

1 year left on his contract and no talks yet. Would be incredible mismanagement on our half if we let him go for a free this year considering our lack of depth at centreback. Doesnt seem to be showing any signs of declining yet either, he could definitely be one that keeps going till he's 35/36.

6 yellows, a red and alot of goals conceded in his last 6 games for us suggests he may have declined, and thats not including the nightmare at Bournemouth.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

As soon as I saw this thread bumped I thought he was injured again and we really were ****ed...

same! Was thinking oh FFS!

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

6 yellows, a red and alot of goals conceded in his last 6 games for us suggests he may have declined, and thats not including the nightmare at Bournemouth.

Oh behave! How many of these were his fault? The red was at the end of a very frustrating game!

Edited by hejammy

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Poor form =/= declining, i dont see any phsyical limitations coming into his game just mental, at worst he's the ideal 3rd choice centreback who has heaps of experience, who wont cost us a transfer fee if we renew and from what ive gauged from his personality he seems like a great player to have in the dressing room as well.

I'm very surprised we haven't dealt with this at pre season stage at the latest. There are no excuses and I can only think that there were some informal talks between Evan's & Club at some point. The only matter that could've halted this was the late incoming of Fofana, but I highly doubt this what with Morgan finishing this season anyway and our need for a senior CB such as Evans quality. Maybe the club already have another player in mind for the January transfer window, who knows.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

What happened at Bournemouth was hardly down to him.  Schmeichel errors and Caglar short-fuse.

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

same! Was thinking oh FFS!

Oh behave! How many of these were his fault? The red was at the end of a very frustrating game!

But look at the knock on of that red …… we could have left wilf to manage his groin with no tear rather than pressing him into playing CB.   experienced players need to lead the way - cags at Bournemouth was a rush of blood but he is relatively young for a CB and he was provoked.

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Id imagine the only stumbling block is his huge wage. He won an artificially high deal due to arriving on a free. 

Maybe we're reluctant to award the same top tier deal, but instead a level below

this - i imagine there are other clubs that would pay him 80k for three years if he's on a free.  if we are only prepared to pay him 60k then he misses out on 3 million quid - plus if he goes down a level then he will probably play quite a lot in years two and three whereas if we can stay at a top 7 level then he may not be a first choice by season two.

• Like 1

Need to sort this out. To replace him with a similar calibre player would cost more than renewing his contract and mean money really more required for other areas of the pitch would be tied up in the centre back position again. Whether another 3 years is justified is perhaps in question.

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I'd keep him. He's fantastic. Better than Morgan of the same age and that isn't an attempt to denigrate Morgan any. 

No brainer with two young center backs at the club. The impact of an old head should be perfectly obvious to us. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

I'd keep him. He's fantastic. Better than Morgan of the same age and that isn't an attempt to denigrate Morgan any. 

No brainer with two young center backs at the club. The impact of an old head should be perfectly obvious to us. 

It's worth the extra wedge for the in-game management and development WF and CS would be privy to. 

Seeming madness not to tie him down for a couple of years, but could be many things at play, such as the length of contract he wants, wage due to signing for nearly nowt, just do not know.

Hope he signs obviously.

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Id imagine the only stumbling block is his huge wage. He won an artificially high deal due to arriving on a free. 

Maybe we're reluctant to award the same top tier deal, but instead a level below

I sure he didn’t arrive a free we  paid West Brom £3.5 million for him 

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Club probably think they can get Tarkowski for £10m next summer and thst he'd be an upgrade financially on Evans. I would still rather Evans and Tarkowski as 3rd/4th choice 

It'd be one hell of a back line that didn't have Evans as 1st choice!!!

If we lose Cags next year I can see Tarks coming in - so Evans Fofana & Tarks as first three choices, Amartey and either Benko or AN Other as 4th & 5th. Can't see Tarks coming to battle with little Wes for 3rd & 4th...