Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

We are totally a confidence team and you could feel the nerves in the beginning which is understandable given the end of last season. That was exactly the game we needed to get that confidence and swagger back. They should go in to the next game with a bit of confidence and boss it. Madders looked sharp and this will be his season given his disappointment with results and the injury. Vards looks sharp! Timmy - well love him already! Only trained twice and he was that good already. A couple of signings and Evan's and Ricky back and the future looks bright. I didnt see Brendan with his notebook once either! 😁

• Like 2

Took us 25 minutes to get going but that may have just been the lack of pre-season. After that, thought we looked great. Castagne was a deserved MOTM and I just hope that he maintains the RB position with Riccy P moving to RW when he comes back. Justin was solid defensively but not so great going forward IMO. Obviously need a centre back before the window is closed, maybe a left back since I’m not sure Castagne will be as solid on the opposite side. 

Mendy looked great, can’t be dropped, as did Praet. Tielemans the weakest, should be the one dropped for Maddison as Praet can drop deeper. 

Two Wingers definitely needed. Albrighton and Gray need to be sold and Perez and Barnes are only back ups for me atm. Barnes has sparks of quality but his finishing is poor. Nice to see Vardy score twice. 

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

True but playing a newly promoted team in the first match can be tricky sometimes.

As I said in the pre-match thread WBA are one of the worst teams to ever get promoted from the Champs.  Perfect first game for us to play ourselves into a bit of form and confidence.  Hopefully the boys will take that into the next game and beyond.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Good result but I think it was more important to see us play through a very poor start. Hopefully it breeds a 'Don't panic' mentality. Also important to get through the game given how many players we have missing and that there are still additions to come in the door. 

Castagne and Mendy were immense today. 

"Hopefully it breeds a 'Don't panic' mentality"

Amongst the team, or here on FT? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawless said:

Took us 25 minutes to get going but that may have just been the lack of pre-season. After that, thought we looked great. Castagne was a deserved MOTM and I just hope that he maintains the RB position with Riccy P moving to RW when he comes back. Justin was solid defensively but not so great going forward IMO. Obviously need a centre back before the window is closed, maybe a left back since I’m not sure Castagne will be as solid on the opposite side. 

Mendy looked great, can’t be dropped, as did Praet. Tielemans the weakest, should be the one dropped for Maddison as Praet can drop deeper. 

Two Wingers definitely needed. Albrighton and Gray need to be sold and Perez and Barnes are only back ups for me atm. Barnes has sparks of quality but his finishing is poor. Nice to see Vardy score twice. 

Don't think any of the midfield deserve to be dropped and it's good they all played well as we don't have to rush Maddison back.

I agree Barnes finishing is sub standard, but the chances he creates means he is a valuable attacking threat.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Don't think any of the midfield deserve to be dropped and it's good they all played well as we don't have to rush Maddison back.

I agree Barnes finishing is sub standard, but the chances he creates means he is a valuable attacking threat.

Personally I think that if Maddison is capable of starting, he should be, which requires one of the midfielders to be dropped and I’m not sold at all on Tielemans. Lost the ball a lot more then people seem to be realising. 

As for Barnes, a good bench player, but for our ambitions we need a front three ALL capable of putting the ball in the net and not requiring 5 chances to do so. 

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why are you always so angry?   Go and light some candles and put some whale song on or something.

I think the negativity was to be expected after 24 points from our last 22 games.  Trying to stop that kind of negative momentum is like trying to turn around an oil tanker.  This win was was just what we needed to lift the mood and go some way to restoring our mojo.  And with a makeshift team too.

Enjoy the win, pal :scarf:

Don't think the first 20 mins were as bad as some make out. Probably set up with the mentality of not giving anything away, especially as we were playing away and expecting more of a barrage from West Brom. Once that never materialsed we cantered home.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Tielemans was class in that game, arguable our best player for me. Don’t understand how after a solid comprehensive win you’re talking about what players to drop.

I completely disagree. Always seeing the right man but rarely being able to find him. As for ‘dropping’ someone, we can’t exactly play with 12 men so someone is going to have to miss out if Maddison is ready to start. 

Just now, Lawless said:

I completely disagree. Always seeing the right man but rarely being able to find him. As for ‘dropping’ someone, we can’t exactly play with 12 men so someone is going to have to miss out if Maddison is ready to start. 

It seems you are in the minority as the vast majority feel Tielemans had a good game. I still don't feel Maddison should be risked just yet. Bring him slowly up to speed so he is ready for the Man City game.

• Like 3