Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Could get hung up on the transfer fee. Clubs like Liverpool still think Leicester are a little club where they can go shopping and pick up our best players for a decent price. But they have to pay our valuation and Tielemans is worth at least £90M to us.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I can 100% guarantee that no club thinks they can get our players on the cheap . I would imagine the opposite is thought in the football world !

What we did to Man Utd over Maguire should be enough of a warning to all clubs if I’m honest. No one goes cheap now. Tieleman’s is going nowhere, and even if he did his new club would be bled deep. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

OK..... if only life was as simple as you make it sound

Anyone would think this guy was the only decent midfielder on the planet. Of course he's a good player my point is that any top player we have won't be here too long. When they begin to reach prime years mid 20s or maybe even younger, City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea or the big foreign teams maybe, will steal them. Fofana, Ndidi, Youri fall into this bracket unfortunately. There's a big fee incoming of any of those leave we can replace and maybe sign 2 or 3 good players for the price of 1. That's what we do we've done it for years. 

1 hour ago, Pete from the USA said:

Could get hung up on the transfer fee. Clubs like Liverpool still think Leicester are a little club where they can go shopping and pick up our best players for a decent price. But they have to pay our valuation and Tielemans is worth at least £90M to us.

The sad fact remains that 4 clubs in the Premier League can sign any players they want. Not always to strengthen their team but to weaken others. Other clubs can do nothing about it unless the rules change. We might be able to keep on biting their ankles and annoying them with the denial of the occasional major trophy but it will remain ever thus. 

Oh yeah, and it doesn't help if we refer to our club as lil' old Leicester. Those days have long gone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

The sad fact remains that 4 clubs in the Premier League can sign any players they want. Not always to strengthen their team but to weaken others. Other clubs can do nothing about it unless the rules change. We might be able to keep on biting their ankles and annoying them with the denial of the occasional major trophy but it will remain ever thus. 

Oh yeah, and it doesn't help if we refer to our club as lil' old Leicester. Those days have long gone. 

It's just how it goes really. We can get Luton's best player, Man Utd can get our best player, Real Madrid can get Man Utd's best player.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's just how it goes really. We can get Luton's best player, Man Utd can get our best player, Real Madrid can get Man Utd's best player.

Nope we can get high quality players as long as we pay the price. These days we are in the same market as other top clubs and that can be expensive.

21 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nope we can get high quality players as long as we pay the price. These days we are in the same market as other top clubs and that can be expensive.

I wasn't doubting that.

I'd hope we're in the same market considering we've had two top 6 finishes, play in Europe and have won a domestic trophy.

I'm just in the middle of going through BBC Red Button football headlines gossip column.

This snippet caught my attention: "...Jack Grealish, 25, could stay at the club this summer, with both Manchester City and Manchester United unwilling to match Villa's £130m valuation, according to ex-Villa captain Gabriel Agbonlahor. (Talksport).

Makes anything less than £100m for Youri look a trifle insipid, don't it? 

11 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I'm just in the middle of going through BBC Red Button football headlines gossip column.

This snippet caught my attention: "...Jack Grealish, 25, could stay at the club this summer, with both Manchester City and Manchester United unwilling to match Villa's £130m valuation, according to ex-Villa captain Gabriel Agbonlahor. (Talksport).

He has 4 years left and not 2, he’s English and Villa aren’t getting £130m in a million years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He has 4 years left and not 2, he’s English and Villa aren’t getting £130m in a million years.

not this summer they aren’t cos of covid but if the player has a Gazza type tournament then there will be talk at that price.  Agree that YT is a very different proposition to JG though.  No one is paying more than £60m for YT this summer.  And next summer when things are hopefully more normal, he won’t garner a huge fee if he hasn’t signed a new deal. 

19 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

What we did to Man Utd over Maguire should be enough of a warning to all clubs if I’m honest. No one goes cheap now. Tieleman’s is going nowhere, and even if he did his new club would be bled deep. 

just like last summer where we weren’t selling chilwell for less than £75m ......

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Difference is that grealish might want to stay at villa whilst Tielemans might want to leave Leicester.

That will affect the valuation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

No we're not, the top clubs wouldn't entertain the type of  players we buy or bring through, it's only when they've proved themselves that the top clubs come in for them. Chelsea would never have taken a punt on Kante or Chilwell or even Drinkwater if they hadn't played for Leicester. As i see it, we are buying players who are hungry for bigger things so we get to see them at their best when they're pushing themselves plus if we sell one a season, we don't need to earn the money from the champions league, so top four is just a bonus.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

No we're not, the top clubs wouldn't entertain the type of  players we buy or bring through, it's only when they've proved themselves that the top clubs come in for them. Chelsea would never have taken a punt on Kante or Chilwell or even Drinkwater if they hadn't played for Leicester. As i see it, we are buying players who are hungry for bigger things so we get to see them at their best when they're pushing themselves plus if we sell one a season, we don't need to earn the money from the champions league, so top four is just a bonus.

If we admit to ourselves that we are not in the market for established quality players we re also saying we cannot sustain a consistent top six position. Certainly we can be a top half of the premiership team for the foreseeable future but is that good enough for us?

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we admit to ourselves that we are not in the market for established quality players we re also saying we cannot sustain a consistent top six position. Certainly we can be a top half of the premiership team for the foreseeable future but is that good enough for us?

Who was the last established quality player we bought? Bearing in mind that established and quality tends to be associated with a top six side chasing him.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Who was the last established quality player we bought? Bearing in mind that established and quality tends to be associated with a top six side chasing him.

You are right ,we haven't , because our mind set is we can't compete . That leaves us in the 7- 10 section of the P. L. But we are in the top 20 club sides in Europe if not in the world so that shouldn't be good enough.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I see an explanation is necessary. 

My post has nothing to do with Grealish.

It's about Youri Tielemans (who is the subject of the thread) and his value (not worth) to the club we support.

There have been posts suggesting or stating that if a 'big' club comes along it's inevitable he will transfer out. The amounts suggested City should ask for,  if my memory serves me correctly, have been from £45m to £70m.

For me, if Villa have put that figure on Grealish, then Tielemans, in terms of his footballing ability, is a comparable player. I would hope that, if an offer were made, then LCFC would play 'hardball' in a similar manner to that suggested by Agbonlahor's comment.

The English bit always makes me chuckle. The outstanding players in the Prem who are English are far outweighed by 'imports' - who usually do their talking with their feet.

13 minutes ago, gerblod said:

It's about Youri Tielemans (who is the subject of the thread) and his value (not worth) to the club we support.

There have been posts suggesting or stating that if a 'big' club comes along it's inevitable he will transfer out. The amounts suggested City should ask for,  if my memory serves me correctly, have been from £45m to £70m.

For me, if Villa have put that figure on Grealish, then Tielemans, in terms of his footballing ability, is a comparable player. I would hope that, if an offer were made, then LCFC would play 'hardball' in a similar manner to that suggested by Agbonlahor's comment.

The English bit always makes me chuckle. The outstanding players in the Prem who are English are far outweighed by 'imports' - who usually do their talking with their feet.

I understand what you’re saying but it’s not realistic 

a player has a value and whilst that may be inflated to the club he currently resides in, that can only be reflected in the value  if other criteria are met - years left on contract, current salary, players outlook on a move away etc etc ....

Just now, st albans fox said:

I understand what you’re saying but it’s not realistic 

a player has a value and whilst that may be inflated to the club he currently resides in, that can only be reflected in the value  if other criteria are met - years left on contract, current salary, players outlook on a move away etc etc ....

It's not unrealistic either. You're points are clear and correct, but I don't need a lesson in objectivity or the factors inherent in player transfers.

I was merely reporting a bit of 'gossip' with a question about Youri's value - in the context of Agbonlahor's statement.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

not this summer they aren’t cos of covid but if the player has a Gazza type tournament then there will be talk at that price.  Agree that YT is a very different proposition to JG though.  No one is paying more than £60m for YT this summer.  And next summer when things are hopefully more normal, he won’t garner a huge fee if he hasn’t signed a new deal. 

just like last summer where we weren’t selling chilwell for less than £75m ......

Well, there is that 😂.  This summers market is likely to be worse than last. Certainly a buyers market. We need to make hay whilst maintaining our original stack of top quality talent. 

This stuff about Covid affecting a players worth just does not apply to those clubs whose resources are derived from consumer necessities. Abramovitch and Mansour will have experienced Covid as a tiny blip in their income graphs.

They'll, regular as clockwork, be able to finance buying up to the financial constraints set out by the football governing body.

I'd be laughing myself around the floor if Chelsea came to me (as Top) and said they couldn't afford more than £70m for Youri. 

"Nothing about Grealish", except you've mentioned him, his club and the supposed fee they want for him. 

Yeah, which you related to Jack Grealish. And as I pointed about his value and worth are dictated my numerous factors, with two years left we aren't remotely in the position of power Aston Villa are to demand ridiculous fees. Which, as I already pointed out they wouldn't get. Because they'll get offered £70m, the player kick off and he'll end up going where he wants for the vastly reduced amount. 

When people give amounts, they are talking realistic amounts we're going to get. Not the amounts we should ask for as some half baked negotiating tactic. 

But the situation is entirely different, we're in the position whereby next summer his value is vastly reduced due to having one year left. Villa aren't in the same position for two years, oh and they are't going to get £130m in a million years and would likely lose the player for around half the amount, should be want to leave. 

There is a tax on English players because of the quotas / homegrown players etc. If you don't understand that, then god help you. 

• Like 2