Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Didn't watch the Belgium match yesterday, but read that he bossed the midfield and was very good, no wonder everyone is raving about him on social media today and other teams want him. Read that in England Liverpool and ManU are fighting over him!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

With Tielemans on £130'000 p/w at present and Vardy on £160'000 p/w being the top earner, I can see Tielemans increasing his salary to between £180'000 to £200'000 p/w with a new deal. That would be insane for LCFC.

Forest highest earner is knockaert at £37'500 p/w (even though he's always loaned out for some reason?). The rest of the team has a rough average of £15'000 p/w

43 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

With Tielemans on £130'000 p/w at present and Vardy on £160'000 p/w being the top earner, I can see Tielemans increasing his salary to between £180'000 to £200'000 p/w with a new deal. That would be insane for LCFC.

Forest highest earner is knockaert at £37'500 p/w (even though he's always loaned out for some reason?). The rest of the team has a rough average of £15'000 p/w

He isn’t on 130 at the moment 

I think vards is 140

cannot see us stretching above 175/week which is, as you say, insane for little old Lcfc …..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

The way he marshalled the midfield yesterday, really showed his captaincy credentials. Kasper will retain the armband but really hope Youri become VC

I'm sure his leadership qualities will come to the fore with or without the title of VC. Who cares?

I don't think players are all that bothered by an extra 10 or 20 k in their wages. When you're on a 6 figure sum already, it's just numbers at that point. If you're not staying when you're on 120k a week, going to £140k won't change your mind too much. He'll be looking at the club's ambitions, who's lined up to come in and our strategy. If it was a money issue, Arsenal would be interested. As it is Liverpool and United get mentioned because they can offer him the CL and a genuine crack at a title.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 16:42, Babylon said:

If you are going to bring up another clubs (supposed) stance on their player and use it as a comparison, then you have to compare the situations of that player (or any other player) and the player of ours you are talking about.

We are in a far weaker position to make huge demands than Villa, or any other club, when their player has two years left and ours doesn’t it’s as simple as that. 

We can put a huge figure on it that nobody will pay, I mean you might as well just say he’s not for sale, because it’s not being paid by anyone. But all that does is punt the issue down the road to a point where we are in an even weaker negotiating position. 

We are a club that has operated by maximising value of a player and then reinvesting that money are more players. That has been our MO, play hardball all we want, but eventually the player goes. We can either make money on it and reinvest, or lose him for less than we paid. 

My intial post was, as I've stated, a light-hearted comment on the relative values of Grealish and Tielemans - without any reference to contract duration or their respective nationalities. I wasn't looking for a discussion about these other implications you introduced.

I made the mistake of defending a notional stance based on those implications of yours - that is, I picked up your ball and ran with it, rather than just leaving it laying on the ground.

You're restating points which you've already made in your previous posts (and have been agreed with by fellow posters), so what are you pursuing here?

Leaving aside all those considerations you've felt it necessary to introduce, what would be your assessment of the relative monetary value of Tielemans and Grealish? Because that was the straightforward, simplistic comparison  my post was mooting.

I'm not sure that I can agree with your last paragraph. Since 2015-16 the transfer in and out of players has been rather more erratic than your 'MO' might imply. I supect Vichai's plan hadn't taken that eventuality into account when he first bought the club. We became a buying club for a while after that. At some point Top and the management team might have to decide that your MO is inevitable, or, given that the team has achieved so much this season on far fewer resources than those clubs regularly bidding for honours, then the retention of players like Tielemans is essential. Maguire and Chilwell were important players but not critical in the way that Tielemans, Fofana and N'Didi are.

For me this summer transfer window and next season are pivotal to City being in the mix for reaching a position of upper-end stability.

Really, I don't care about what Tielemans is worth on the market - he's worth more to the club by staying. But I don't want Liverpool or United to come in and get him for less than he's worth - because their MO isn't solely concerned with strengthening their respective teams - it's about monopolising the talent.

It depends on what each fan sees as important to them. To know ones team has the strength-in-depth to challenge for honours on a regular basis and to offer players that opportunity is of prime importance to me. On a wider basis Leicester City are an antidote to the greed that pervades the EL clubs. I hope we can continue to be that club. 

• Like 2

Now Vardy isn’t scoring so much and we’re no longer counter attacking I feel we lack identity. I really hope Youri stays as captain and stamps his mark on the club, if only for one more season, to lead us in Europe and mentor KDH.

On 07/06/2021 at 10:31, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very surprised if Tielemans doesn't sign a new deal with an agreement with Top that should we not get top 4 next season then he can leave for £70m next summer. He'll sign a 2 year extension and enjoy the best part of a 100% pay rise for at least a year here.

Best for all parties 😃

Shouldn't be a gentleman's agreement though.  It should be written firmly into the contract.

• Like 3

We have had a replacement for all of the big money departures over the past few years. (The exception would be Drinkwater and, Silva, a 'replacement' was not successful).) There is no-one who comes anywhere close to Tielemans and given his value to the side and style, he has to worth paying an extra £40,000 a week if he is happy to sign. This would be only be £2 million a year, and looked at in that light, this seems the best option. (Even less taking into account the wages of a replacement. ) Alternatively, a lesser increase if it's considered to lead to wage inflation throughout the squad, but a one-off re-signing bonus ( for contribution  last season). There could be an agreement he could leave at the end of season if we don't  qualify for CL, or even a release price set at say £80m, valid for 12 months.

If he leaves, it  would almost be as difficult  to re-balance side as when Kante left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/06/2021 at 13:30, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Read that in England Liverpool and ManU are fighting over him!

It's only if he decides that Leicester doesn't suit his immediate plans. They can fight all they like, but until he declares otherwise, it's all conjecture -mainly driven by the media who're looking for stuff to fill blank pages and empty websites.

United and Liverpool should have been excluded from Premier League transactions in any case - they're regarded as pariahs by most English football fans. Sh1t clubs for plaggy fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

We have had a replacement for all of the big money departures over the past few years. (The exception would be Drinkwater and, Silva, a 'replacement' was not successful).) There is no-one who comes anywhere close to Tielemans and given his value to the side and style, he has to worth paying an extra £40,000 a week if he is happy to sign. This would be only be £2 million a year, and looked at in that light, this seems the best option. (Even less taking into account the wages of a replacement. ) Alternatively, a lesser increase if it's considered to lead to wage inflation throughout the squad, but a one-off re-signing bonus ( for contribution  last season). There could be an agreement he could leave at the end of season if we don't  qualify for CL, or even a release price set at say £80m, valid for 12 months.

If he leaves, it  would almost be as difficult  to re-balance side as when Kante left.

Den is already in the house. :thumbup:

• Like 1

some quotes from Youri in a recent press conf (not sure exactly when it was). played it with a straight bat....

Asked about his future, Tielemans said: “I don't think about it. I am focusing on the Euros. I don't listen to transfer rumours. No matter how much I am valued, it doesn't change anything for me. I just want to make the best Euros I can.”

Then, when it was put to the 24-year-old that he could be a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum at Anfield, he responded: "That's really none of my business right now. Let the journalists speak. They undoubtedly have a lot to do with that. But I don't care about that. All I can do is make sure that I am as good as possible on the pitch.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-liverpool-youri-tielemans-transfer-5528668

26 minutes ago, turlo said:

some quotes from Youri in a recent press conf (not sure exactly when it was). played it with a straight bat....

Asked about his future, Tielemans said: “I don't think about it. I am focusing on the Euros. I don't listen to transfer rumours. No matter how much I am valued, it doesn't change anything for me. I just want to make the best Euros I can.”

Then, when it was put to the 24-year-old that he could be a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum at Anfield, he responded: "That's really none of my business right now. Let the journalists speak. They undoubtedly have a lot to do with that. But I don't care about that. All I can do is make sure that I am as good as possible on the pitch.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-liverpool-youri-tielemans-transfer-5528668

Well he has basically said what Kristof told us 

won’t make a decision (public anyway) until after the euros

of course he could have said ‘I’m a Leicester city player - why should I be speaking about any other clubs?’  ….. but he didn’t 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well he has basically said what Kristof told us 

won’t make a decision (public anyway) until after the euros

of course he could have said ‘I’m a Leicester city player - why should I be speaking about any other clubs?’  ….. but he didn’t 

He didn't even say he won't make a decision did he? Just that he'd let journalists talk. 

I get the feeling he'll be here next season.