Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

11 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Kante had his sights on London from the start. He goes back to France every month on the train doesn't he?

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

And I think he was a Chelsea fan as well or admired them due to some of the French players that had played for them previously. 

True but Claudio thought he would stay another season until conte decided he wanted him so badly. 

The problem I have if he leaves is we not keeping these types of players long enough, last season I feel was his one consistent good season for us, buying players, they need two seasons or so to get up to speed, and then when they there a season later they gone.

Tielemans has become so important for us, involved in so many moves, now does dirty tackling as well, if he goes we will notice it.

But hopefully its all rumours and we keep him longer.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

If only we kept our 2-1 lead over Spurs, he would more likely stay. Those last 15 mins of that game may have costed us Tielemans and 60m or so in lost revenue. 

Think the 9 home defeats and losing Barnes and JJ cost us not the last 15mins against Spuds.I think Tielemans will stay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Hummels is still there, how many of those names went to teams in the Bundesliga, none?

We've sold Man U, Man City and Chelsea, Man U and Chelsea have narrowly beat us into 5th place in the last 2 seasons.

Hummels left for Bayern and only returned to BVB when they were done with him and signed Sule (younger model) 

Who cares if Tielemans goes. We only want players who 100% want to be here. If we get 60 to 70m for him that's a good profit and more than enough to sign 2 or 3 very good players for the squad. It's how we operate. If we aren't in the Champions League and top top clubs come in then we are going to struggle to hold on to players. 

27 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Who cares if Tielemans goes. We only want players who 100% want to be here. If we get 60 to 70m for him that's a good profit and more than enough to sign 2 or 3 very good players for the squad. It's how we operate. If we aren't in the Champions League and top top clubs come in then we are going to struggle to hold on to players. 

I care if he goes. I agree we only want players who want to be here, but I really, really hope he wants to be here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, you can count me in.

Well you shouldn't, you really shouldn't. If a player is not committed then he can bugger off. Our model is sell players for a profit to the biggest clubs. We will find another Tielemans for probably a fraction of the price. A club like ours will always lose players to Man U, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, it's just a fact. They win the biggest trophies, are world famous, and we cannot compete with the wages they pay, simple as that. I hope he stays of course, but life goes on. 

58 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I care if he goes. I agree we only want players who want to be here, but I really, really hope he wants to be here. 

Yeah my point is that if he does want to go or isn't 100% happy or committed there no point keeping him and I agree I hope he stays too, but if he goes I'm confident we will find a replacement. 

People not bothered about Tielemans leaving are probably not bothered about finishing mid table and being an average side again. Yes he can be replaced but it requires a lot of luck and good recruitment. We have to sort out our attack this summer so we can't be dealing with having to replace Tielemans as well (who has been the standout performer all season).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah my point is that if he does want to go or isn't 100% happy or committed there no point keeping him and I agree I hope he stays too, but if he goes I'm confident we will find a replacement. 

Who says he wants to go or isn't 100% happy, some news papers, this guy is class, on the pitch and off it and I've only heard him say very complementary things about the club, the fans, the owners and the manager so I'll judge him on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Really?

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

...you will never get that, unless these players are hitting their ceiling!!!

Some players have turned out to be lifers, but they are rare.

The difficulty comes with players you have taken to and are reluctant to see leave and bolster clubs that you have a distaste for. 

We have to understand we are part of the food chain, and a massive change would have to come about, in regards to players, where they look at where they are presently plying their trade, and believe that they are in an environment where they can grow, along with the team and its surrounding community. 

Should Tielemans harbours such thoughts, he could not afford to sign a 10 year contract as it would leave him in a situation of being taken for granted as well as a financially weak position as he would have no power to increase his wage or the club no incentive to reward him for his services. 

In a nutshell, if he was staying long term, the situation would still look very much like where we are now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Who says he wants to go or isn't 100% happy, some news papers, this guy is class, on the pitch and off it and I've only heard him say very complementary things about the club, the fans, the owners and the manager so I'll judge him on that.

I didn't say he wasn't happy did I? I said if that turns out to be the case, that he doesn't want to commit to the new contract we have offered and he fancies Liverpool or whoever then no point keeping an unhappy player, get too dollar for them and move on.

39 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Really?

Yes really. Believe it or not there are hundreds of top class footballers out there mate. Look, I'd be disappointed but it's to be expected, we've seen top players go before and done well at replacing them so I'd be confident that we could do it again. 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

I didn't say he wasn't happy did I? I said if that turns out to be the case, that he doesn't want to commit to the new contract we have offered and he fancies Liverpool or whoever then no point keeping an unhappy player, get too dollar for them and move on.

no you didn't but unfortunatly some on here try to read between the lines sooner or later it will become a "thing" that he isn't happy here. I was just pointing out. A couple of lazy news stories and later on today my dad will be telling me "I see that Telly mons guy isn't happy here and he's going Liverpool.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yes really. Believe it or not there are hundreds of top class footballers out there mate. Look, I'd be disappointed but it's to be expected, we've seen top players go before and done well at replacing them so I'd be confident that we could do it again. 

Yes we have, but we have also had luck with some. Soyuncu turned out brilliantly but before the season started the club didn't think he was good enough, we couldn't get another CB inand had to go with Soyuncu. That was luck not good planning. The season after Kante left we missed him enormously and Mahrez has never really been replaced.

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well you shouldn't, you really shouldn't. If a player is not committed then he can bugger off. Our model is sell players for a profit to the biggest clubs. We will find another Tielemans for probably a fraction of the price. A club like ours will always lose players to Man U, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, it's just a fact. They win the biggest trophies, are world famous, and we cannot compete with the wages they pay, simple as that. I hope he stays of course, but life goes on. 

I could see you lining the players up of a morning and walking down the line barking the question at them, army style. "Now then Tielemans, you 'orrible little man. How committed are you?". "Well, Sarge, about 65%, I think". "Right, get yer bags packed, chummy - you're off."

Our model! Wtf is our model? I thought it was building a team which can compete at a progressively higher level, whilst also bringing the infrastructure to a point where City becomes a club which doesn't need to sell to keep its impetus going.

City sold those players because, for one reason or another, they wanted to leave. I only really regret Kante going. Mahrez was a big loss technically, but he's not committed to anything but himself. Maguire is a miserable sod and Chilwell wanted to get back 'dahn souff'.

Your very optimistic to believe that Tielemans quality grows on trees. And, if he wants to go, City would be unwise to ask anything other than £90m + - maybe he's worth a little less than Kevin de Bruyne. City don't need to sell him, so why should they ask for less than the earth for his services?

In my opinion, our model is way better than those clubs you mentioned. And, if you think so much of them, why not choose to support one. You've witnessed how they operate - it's called a cartel -  and they tried to make it an even tighter cartel with this ESL. They drove the idea of the Premier and now they're driving the idea of their own little league. It's a monopoly, anti-competitive and corrupt. And I thought we were a little bit world-famous and had won some of the biggest trophies. God bless us, Atalanta and Villareal!

Btw, for purists like me, it's Manchester City - not 'City'. We're City, at home that is.

• Like 3