Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well he has basically said what Kristof told us 

won’t make a decision (public anyway) until after the euros

of course he could have said ‘I’m a Leicester city player - why should I be speaking about any other clubs?’  ….. but he didn’t 

No footballer says that. But even if he did, it'd mean fvck all. Take what footballers say with a pinch of salt.

Chill out. He'll be here next season. We'll, rightly, want £75m+ for him and nobody will pay that.

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well he has basically said what Kristof told us 

won’t make a decision (public anyway) until after the euros

of course he could have said ‘I’m a Leicester city player - why should I be speaking about any other clubs?’  ….. but he didn’t 

Vardy pretty well said the same thing at the 2016 World Cup when Arsenal were in for him.

My unbiased take on his statement is the rumours saying he's interested in a move to Liverpool are BS. 

Then, when it was put to the 24-year-old that he could be a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum at Anfield, he responded: "That's really none of my business right now. Let the journalists speak. They undoubtedly have a lot to do with that. But I don't care about that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, turlo said:

My unbiased take on his statement is the rumours saying he's interested in a move to Liverpool are BS. 

Then, when it was put to the 24-year-old that he could be a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum at Anfield, he responded: "That's really none of my business right now. Let the journalists speak. They undoubtedly have a lot to do with that. But I don't care about that.

Fully expect to see an extrapolation on Empire of the Kop tomorrow

”Respected journalist Turlo revealed yesterday in an exclusive interview with Youri Tielemans that the Belgian gave explicit permission to certify the link with Liverpool, Tielemans was apparently indifferent to what anyone thought, and journalists should continue to push the story. As such it seems only a matter of time before Youri gets his dream move to Merseyside”

• Haha 1

I've been mad on Tielemans since he came here. He's down to earth and says what he means and is trustworthy.

Which is why I'm so much more disappointed in him for not saying anything about being a leicester player in all the questions that have been put to him. He's potentially sent our recruitment team into overdrive about late, very late replacement players if he actually is making a decision after the euros to leave (if it is that way). 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I've been mad on Tielemans since he came here. He's down to earth and says what he means and is trustworthy.

Which is why I'm so much more disappointed in him for not saying anything about being a leicester player in all the questions that have been put to him. He's potentially sent our recruitment team into overdrive about late, very late replacement players if he actually is making a decision after the euros to leave (if it is that way). 

Maybe he's already signed a new contract with us and details wont be released till after Euros.........Who knows

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

He didn't even say he won't make a decision did he? Just that he'd let journalists talk. 

I get the feeling he'll be here next season. 

He'll almost certainly be here next season whether he extends or not unless Liverpool are going to stump up an obscene amount. 

He's still got two years on his contract. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I always felt that not getting into Champions League this could happen.  I'm surprised Ndidi isn't being tapped up.

I think it will be a while yet before Ndidi goes anywhere, he is a monster defensively and although he has improved a lot he isn’t quite good enough on the ball for how teams like Man City play - can see teams being more interested in Rice and potentially Phillips if he has a good Euros

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think it will be a while yet before Ndidi goes anywhere, he is a monster defensively and although he has improved a lot he isn’t quite good enough on the ball for how teams like Man City play - can see teams being more interested in Rice and potentially Phillips if he has a good Euros

Yeah I was thinking the same, but he is still very young, can you imagine with playing with the top players and top coaches, how much he can improve.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Yeah I was thinking the same, but he is still very young, can you imagine with playing with the top players and top coaches, how much he can improve.

I reckon Pep could turn him into even more of an absolute monster if he just improves his close control and short passing game (his long passes are already pretty good)

Don’t think Pep would sign him though, Chelsea or Man Utd I could see eventually but they will probably fight for Rice at some point first

Maybe PSG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

I always felt that not getting into Champions League this could happen.  I'm surprised Ndidi isn't being tapped up.

Do you think if we made Champions League and Liverpool came in and offered +75mil and a crazy wage he'd say no? Really? We're not Liverpool, Chelsea, ManC etc being in the CL wouldn't have changed that. Plus who would you bet went the furthest in the CL, us or Liverpool? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I reckon Pep could turn him into even more of an absolute monster if he just improves his close control and short passing game (his long passes are already pretty good)

Don’t think Pep would sign him though, Chelsea or Man Utd I could see eventually but they will probably fight for Rice at some point first

Maybe PSG

I know this is unfair but there's something a little ungainly and messy about Ndidi. He's an absolute monster and I love him but that slightly uncultured side of his game I think is why he hasn't got half the praise that Kante got. That's why I feel relatively safe that bigger teams wont eye him in the same way. The teams that will want him will be clubs that he'd consider a lateral move in terms of size and without all the amazing qualities that LCFC has. 

BR will bring that side of his game out of him if it's there. Maybe in a year or two he'll be at a point ManC etc will be eyeing him more closely. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Do you think if we made Champions League and Liverpool came in and offered +75mil and a crazy wage he'd say no? Really? We're not Liverpool, Chelsea, ManC etc being in the CL wouldn't have changed that. Plus who would you bet went the furthest in the CL, us or Liverpool? 

Yes

23 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I think he would have signed a new deal with us and we would, have accepted he may move on next summer 

32 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

They won't spend that money.

3 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Can see this but as vice captain. Reckon making him captain would keep him here longer but no chance Kasper isn't wearing the armband.

I get the feeling (or I hope to be more precise) that Kasper would give the captain's armband to Tielemans for what's probably a season, max, to give the club more leverage in negotiations. I mean Kasper's got the Premier League Title and captained the team to an FA Cup win. Is he going to be that precious about keeping the captain's armband for an extra season?

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Making a comment either side of the fence would invoke further questions on the matter. He will just want to concentrate on the major football tournament that he’s in the middle of playing in I bet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Tbh, i read it as 'I'm keeping my options open and anything in the papers is guesswork which may or may not be true' 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They won't spend that money.

But we can ask for it though, right?

I don't think us being in the CL has all that much importance. He doesn't stay here if both us and Liverpool (for arguments sake) are both in the CL and they come in for him with all the money. Where's the logic in that for him? He gets more money, his agent gets paid, he gets to move to a club that will not only go further than us in the CL (if that's all he cares about) but has a higher probability of winning the league. He's in contract so we are in control, that's the only thing that matters as far as I can see. The argument that we could ask for an extra year and then sell him if we're in the CL doesn't make much sense either because we can do that now.

Kante was in the CL with us, moved to Chelsea (because of his low buy-out clause). Mahrez would have done the same given half a chance (didn't because we said no). 

20 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Making a comment either side of the fence would invoke further questions on the matter. He will just want to concentrate on the major football tournament that he’s in the middle of playing in I bet. 

I have to call that BS. The club itself needs to know, and if they do know of a new arrangement and extension then that's all well and good. So what stops him from saying "I'm a leicester player" in his interviews? My take given these situations is that he knows the market is poor so getting a money making move will be difficult If he wants to stay in the PL, so hence he's waiting and delaying for an offer. 

If this is the case then he's crapping all over the club that's developed him. The irony is though that he's had one good season of football and that was this year. His first year, last year, he fluctuated between fitness issues amd wasn't fit for the prem yet.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

19 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I agree, it sounds like "we're concentrating on the next game", "one game at a time" and the usual stock phrases players say just to stop the media making news stories out of nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I have to call that BS. The club itself needs to know, and if they do know of a new arrangement and extension then that's all well and good. So what stops him from saying "I'm a leicester player" in his interviews? My take given these situations is that he knows the market is poor so getting a money making move will be difficult If he wants to stay in the PL, so hence he's waiting and delaying for an offer. 

If this is the case then he's crapping all over the club that's developed him. The irony is though that he's had one good season of football and that was this year. His first year, last year, he fluctuated between fitness issues amd wasn't fit for the prem yet.

This is closer to BS than anything I said.

1. He’s under contract at LCFC, so everyone knows he’s our player. 

2. What the club and Youri know is completely irrelevant to what he says to the media. He’s essentially just ignored the question (and rightly so). 

3. Why say he’s a Leicester player if he actually doesn’t know if he will move or not? 

4. He’s had more than one good season of football.

5. He’s a footballer, footballers are transferred. He’s always been respectful during he time at Leicester. He isn’t shitting on us.

6. He might be delaying for an offer. He still has 2 years on his contract, he has absolutely no obligation to extend that if it doesn’t suit him. He didn’t wait around for Man Utd when we signed him either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turlo said:

some quotes from Youri in a recent press conf (not sure exactly when it was). played it with a straight bat....

Asked about his future, Tielemans said: “I don't think about it. I am focusing on the Euros. I don't listen to transfer rumours. No matter how much I am valued, it doesn't change anything for me. I just want to make the best Euros I can.”

Then, when it was put to the 24-year-old that he could be a replacement for Gini Wijnaldum at Anfield, he responded: "That's really none of my business right now. Let the journalists speak. They undoubtedly have a lot to do with that. But I don't care about that. All I can do is make sure that I am as good as possible on the pitch.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-liverpool-youri-tielemans-transfer-5528668

Doesn’t fill me with great confidence that he is 100% set on staying, seems clear he’s leaving his options open, be gutted to lose him but he isn’t a Leicester fan so can’t blame him for making whatever decision he feels is best for his career

Edited by FoxOnWheels

11 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think you're absolutely right and in fairness, who can blame them. We invest a lot as fans but it's their career and it's a relatively short one. Some are money motivated admittedly but others want to test themselves against the very best and attain the highest standards they can. If it's the latter then personally, fair play to them. 

Had we made top 4 then things may have been different. But we didn't and why we didn't is very subjective. 

With or without Tielemans and Ndidi, we go again last year. Top 4 last season was a big, very attainable opportunity lost.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2