Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I'm not unduly concerned about Youri leaving. My reason being is that we've been linked with Lbs, CBs, CFs, RWs, but nobody that might be seen as a replacement for his position. I think he's staying and that any hesitancy is solely down to the size of the contract. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I have to call that BS. The club itself needs to know, and if they do know of a new arrangement and extension then that's all well and good. So what stops him from saying "I'm a leicester player" in his interviews? My take given these situations is that he knows the market is poor so getting a money making move will be difficult If he wants to stay in the PL, so hence he's waiting and delaying for an offer. 

If this is the case then he's crapping all over the club that's developed him. The irony is though that he's had one good season of football and that was this year. His first year, last year, he fluctuated between fitness issues amd wasn't fit for the prem yet.

... I  believe he handled the questions well and gave short shrift to the speculations about his contract!!!

Stating "I  am a Leicester City player and will continue to honour my contract " is what a Leicester City  supporter would like to hear but he is not a supporter of the club just a player at this moment affiliated to us.

He is a player concentrating on doing his best and speculations from journalist are the nature of things and he acknowledges as much.

When he turned up at our club, the thinking was it would be a formality, it was late into the transfer period that we knew he was coming. This just feels normal.

Did I not read somewhere there was another offer available at the time, which he chose to turn down. 

Every player keeps their options open. People can praise Vardy's loyalty but the fact is even though he'd "rather stay at Leicester, the best team in the land" he still spoke to Wenger about moving.Tielemans can state he's a Leicester player declare he wants to stay and end the speculation right there. But if Liverpool come in and double your money you'd be a fool to reject that. It's a short career. If he stays here we might challenge for top 4, might win a cup, might evn progress in Europe. But if he goes Liverpool, those things are almost nailed on. If he rejects them out of hand, they might look elsewhere, bring a kid through or whatever and that's it, his chance is gone. These clubs don't often ask twice. As for Wilf, as I stated in another thread, great as he is for us, he hasn't got the technical ability that would cement him in a Klopp or Guardiola side. The other top sides already have options in his position.

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

.Tielemans can state he's a Leicester player declare he wants to stay and end the speculation right there. But if Liverpool come in and double your money you'd be a fool to reject that. It's a short career. If he stays here we might challenge for top 4, might win a cup, might evn progress in Europe.

The events of the past few days have highlighted this even more. 

if he is uncertain then I fear that could have pushed him towards a decision if our monetary offer is considerably lower than any others he has

Tielemans is a wonderful player and I would be desperately disappointed to see yet another entitled scumbag of a club like Liverpool entice him away. 

But YT does appear to be subject to fairly substantial swings in form and it's possible that next season we could see the rather underwhelming Tielemans of 2019-20?

• Sad 2

I'm waiting until the odds of him staying are as long as possible, then lumping on him staying. 

No way he leaves this summer. After the time he had at Monaco. He's in dream land at Leicester. He's following his agents advice to get a big new contract, which is thoroughly deserved. 

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think he means he didn’t realise they were gathering inside to come back out and instead he just stayed out.

It is weird they did that, were they waiting for the crowd to chant "ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE" till they came back out?

If he has a blinding Euros and becomes one of the stand out stars. Controls games, assists in goals, has a few superstar moments, scores a worldy during crucial moments etc he'll draw the eyes of big clubs like Barca' that need rebuilding. If it looks like he's stepping up to the next level they'll stump up the cash. In which case he'll go. Which is conflicting because I normally like to hope our players do well in international tournies, especially somebody so likeable as Tielemans. I want him to do well.... just not too well. 

I hate international football. 

Youri’s interview is the only thing that peaked my interest so far in this god awful tournament. We have no control over the media there. Probably some rat little scouse fan boy asked him that question. 

Everyone must admit following international football is grim and boring after the last 10 years of LCFC. 

When does pre season start ? 

The man Timmy getting injured disgusts me too. End this 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Youri’s interview is the only thing that peaked my interest so far in this god awful tournament. We have no control over the media there. Probably some rat little scouse fan boy asked him that question. 

Everyone must admit following international football is grim and boring after the last 10 years of LCFC. 

Not me I'm enjoying it so far, I guess I'm one of those weird football fans that actually enjoys watching football.

France v Germany tonight was far better than corination Street and the usual bollocks on TV on a Wednesdayin June. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Nice to have a break from thinking about actual football though. It's been an emotionally exhausting season, particularly towards the end

• Like 1

Even if he wanted to go, can any club afford him apart from those oil funded clubs? Covid will have hit the market hard so I reckon we'll keep hold of him unless someone pays close to £80m+. Otherwise we could just run down his contract and get two more years with him which could be refunded if he gets us champions league!!