Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Even if he wanted to go, can any club afford him apart from those oil funded clubs? Covid will have hit the market hard so I reckon we'll keep hold of him unless someone pays close to £80m+. Otherwise we could just run down his contract and get two more years with him which could be refunded if he gets us champions league!! 

We wouldnt take that risk and it’s disrespectful to the player.  He signed a four year deal rather than five for this very reason. 

if the player really wants to leave then we will sort something out with him (which could mean an agreement for him to leave next summer at an agreed fee) or he just stays and goes next summer for £30m. we could take the risk that he has another stand out season and we can drive an auction but this rarely happens as the player and his entourage have a target club they want and no one else will bother to bid. 

that fee would likely be lower than what we may be offered this summer.  I guess it depends who has the dosh or assets this summer and where they want to spend it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

For all those digging! The guy hasn’t had a rest for about 10 months. Another reason to keep Praet! This guy along with evans/kasper and vardy should be left out for Europa early rounds/league cup etc! 

so because Tielemens got wacked 10 seconds before the end of the game,  we need to keep Evans, Kasper and Vardy out of the Europa League? 

righto

24 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Can we not have the same story blown up, repeated, repackaged etc over and over again??

You might think about not posting it here?

It's just bog-standard journalism. Over-blow an incident to get people to look at your website and increase your advertising profits.

Edited by Foxxed

Was rubbish in the first half, but then we know he is vulnerable to the press, and the rest of the side was pretty much as bad. In fairness, Denmark were also fantastic for 45 minutes.

Normal service resumed in the second half, pretty much.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, brucey said:

Our captains. 

Great photo isn't it! I think it tells a story.

Whatever happens to Youri and, it's his career and he wants to understandably achieve the best he probably can, I'm sure he's genuinely happy at Leicester with the owners, manager, coaching staff and most importantly the reported close relationship between the players. All this and with the fans, I'm absolutely sure that he feels wanted. He is also seemingly a decent  family man and must do the right thing for them also as we all would.

Maguire when he left wouldn't have a bad word said against Leicester and I would see Tielemans being similar as they both have a great appreciation and respect for not only what the club stands for but also the very positive experience it's given them at a certain point in their careers. Personally, although you could physically see the disappointment on Tielemans face when we didn't attain Champions League football, if we invest in the sort of names we've been linked with, I think he'll give it one more go next season. If Rodgers then can't attain 4th spot with all the talent he has at his disposal, then I don't think anyone should begrudge him or certain other players moving on for the benefit of their careers. For me it's 4th or bust for next year with all other competitions firmly in the background to a certain extent. Champions League football is key to keeping players like Tielemans and attracting more. As brilliant as the FA Cup win was, that monkey is now off our backs and there are bigger fish to fry.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whatever happens to Youri and, it's his career and he wants to understandably achieve the best he probably can, I'm sure he's genuinely happy at Leicester with the owners, manager, coaching staff and most importantly the reported close relationship between the players. All this and with the fans, I'm absolutely sure that he feels wanted. He is also seemingly a decent  family man and must do the right thing for them also as we all would.

Maguire when he left wouldn't have a bad word said against Leicester and I would see Tielemans being similar as they both have a great appreciation and respect for not only what the club stands for but also the very positive experience it's given them at a certain point in their careers. Personally, although you could physically see the disappointment on Tielemans face when we didn't attain Champions League football, if we invest in the sort of names we've been linked with, I think he'll give it one more go next season. If Rodgers then can't attain 4th spot with all the talent he has at his disposal, then I don't think anyone should begrudge him or certain other players moving on for the benefit of their careers. For me it's 4th or bust for next year with all other competitions firmly in the background to a certain extent. Champions League football is key to keeping players like Tielemans and attracting more. As brilliant as the FA Cup win was, that monkey is now off our backs and there are bigger fish to fry.

Agreed, If YT stays and we get in Soumaré, this exciting young Daka, Gosens, with Barnes and JJ back in the fold, we should be considered amongst the favourites to make top 4.

I mean jeez all the below should be considered starters!

GK Kasper

FB Riccy P, Justin, Gosens, Tim, (Thomas)

CB Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana

CM Youri, Ndidi, Soumare

AM Maddison, Barnes,

ST Vardy, Kel, Daka

That's 16 players who will be expecting to start week in week out at a top 4 club to shoehorn in. And then you think of: Praet, Perez, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Tavares, not a bad quality of 'squad filler'! Some lovely problem to have,

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
16 not 15!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed, If YT stays and we get in Soumaré, this exciting young Daka, Gosens, with Barnes and JJ back in the fold, we should be considered amongst the favourites to make top 4.

GK Kasper

CM Youri, Ndidi, Soumare

AM Maddison, Barnes,

ST Vardy, Kel, Daka

That's 15 players who will be expecting to start week in week out at a top 4 club to shoehorn in. And then you think of: Praet, Perez, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Tavares, not a bad quality of 'squad filler'! Some lovely problem to have,

That, you would have to say is a very formidable first 15! We should however be patient with the incoming and not expect too much too soon as the Premiership is a hell of a place to have to adapt to. Encouragement breeds confidence and two of them are very young players really.  It does bode well though.

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

GK Kasper

CM Youri, Ndidi, Soumare

AM Maddison, Barnes,

ST Vardy, Kel, Daka

That's 15 players who will be expecting to start week in week out at a top 4 club to shoehorn in. And then you think of: Praet, Perez, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Tavares, not a bad quality of 'squad filler'! Some lovely problem to have,

Would like to Add

Gk...Kasper, Ward, Iversson...

where The last 2 might Feel somewhat miffed if they dont  get at least some decent 1St Team football,even our club

Captain will do well to remember, mental rest & rotation, is. Beneficial, if you want to do well & be serious in 4 competitions...

A wanna-be Top club, targets,prioritises ALL competitions...Once a squads Quality is upgraded, then rotation, for tinkering/experimenting/rest is allround

Pragmatic,& prudent...

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think given the calibre of players the top 4 are looking to sign, we'll have a better chance of winning the EL and getting into the CL, then finishing in the top 4.

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

GK Kasper

CM Youri, Ndidi, Soumare

AM Maddison, Barnes,

ST Vardy, Kel, Daka

Or even 16.......................:thumbup:

(plus Thomas)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Would like to Add

Gk...Kasper, Ward, Iversson...

where The last 2 might Feel somewhat miffed if they dont  get at least some decent 1St Team football,even our club

Captain will do well to remember, mental rest & rotation, is. Beneficial, if you want to do well & be serious in 4 competitions...

R-R Zieler made 9 (!) Premier League appearances, which I believe is second behind Kasper since the return to the top flight. That's why having a good backup is important. If we get good cup/Europa draws, I think Ward will be utilised, even if Kasper doesn't have the kind of injury-filled season he did in 16-17.

And to keep on topic, it's important in case Wales meets Belgium, and Youri needs a big hug to remind him to stay at Leicester.

• Haha 1