Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it me or has he been absolute pony this Euros? 😂😂😂

He has been below his usual standards for sure. Youri has played a lot of football this year and to me he looks looks physically tired. An amazing player who gave everything this season for us which looks to have taken its toll on him right now. Could be wrong of course, just what I think. 

• Like 1

Hoping and assuming he remains with us, there is I think a good case for giving him extra time off once the Euros finish, to give him a good rest. Should definitely miss the Charity Shield, and perhaps the Wolves game too, as another long season beckons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he has been bad but isn't as influential for Belgium as he is for us. Probably tiredness but also maybe because they don't need him to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the euros on the whole have been flat and of lesser quality than what it should be. Maybe a long season n a half or whatever it is and covid etc is taking its toll on the players. 
Waiting for the tournament/big nations to really take off!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I don't think he has been bad but isn't as influential for Belgium as he is for us. Probably tiredness but also maybe because they don't need him to be.

He's been outplayed and outfought against Denmark and Portugal. He looks exhausted to me.

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Very very very harsh and bizarre criticism. Two games that Belgium didn’t really need to do that much but overcame their opponents with relative easy. 
Our Fans love saying he’s exhausted because of the volume games he’s played this season yet Rodgers, Youri and our fitness team have said multiple times this isn’t the case. Putting 2+2 together and getting 5

Belgium didn't need to do much in those games? They tried to overturn a deficit in the first and looked lost until De Bruyne came on. Against Portugal they were pinned back for almost the entire second half and could (probably should) have conceded. Neither of those games were easy.

It's plainly obvious he's nowhere near as impressive for Belgium in this tournament as he's been for us over the season. You have to be quite a fan boy to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shen said:

Belgium didn't need to do much in those games? They tried to overturn a deficit in the first and looked lost until De Bruyne came on. Against Portugal they were pinned back for almost the entire second half and could (probably should) have conceded. Neither of those games were easy.

It's plainly obvious he's nowhere near as impressive for Belgium in this tournament as he's been for us over the season. You have to be quite a fan boy to suggest otherwise.

Belgium have got into the quarters without really breaking sweat. They had a terrible first half v the Danes but stepped it up one gear second half and won. Survived a late scare from Portugal but were otherwise fairly in control. So yeah, they’ve not had to do much. Good players make it look easy. 

Pinned back v Portugal? Portugal never truly looked at the races and only put concerted pressure on Belgium for the last 10 mins. 

Not saying he’s been a worldbeater, unless you can show me where I said that :) you said he’d been outplayed and outfought, quite scathing criticism of someone who’s probably been a 6.5/10 each game. You’ve implied he’s been ran absolutely ragged in each game and is hanging out his arse 

16 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Belgium have got into the quarters without really breaking sweat. They had a terrible first half v the Danes but stepped it up one gear second half and won. Survived a late scare from Portugal but were otherwise fairly in control. So yeah, they’ve not had to do much. Good players make it look easy. 

Pinned back v Portugal? Portugal never truly looked at the races and only put concerted pressure on Belgium for the last 10 mins. 

Not saying he’s been a worldbeater, unless you can show me where I said that :) you said he’d been outplayed and outfought, quite scathing criticism of someone who’s probably been a 6.5/10 each game. You’ve implied he’s been ran absolutely ragged in each game and is hanging out his arse 

I mean, that's blatantly not true. They weren't "in control", unless you think Courtois' point blank reflex save and the post effort was being in control. The stats spoke for themselves - Belgium had one effort on target to Portugal's four. The latter also had four times as many efforts in total. Hardly "in control".
Against the Danes, they had two attacks of quality, both orchestrated/finished by De Bruyne, and looked rather toothless otherwise. Again, the stats will show they were not "in control".
The best you can say about Belgium is that they are efficient or have the quality at the right times.

In both games, Tielemans lost the ball multiple times and wasted possession, while also being overrun in midfield defensively.

He was definitely second best to the opposition midfield in both those games - and no I do not include Finland or Russia here.

For the record, I love Tielemans and think he's Leicester's best player overall, but he's just not been very good this tournament - particularly against opposition who have had a bit of quality.

I hope he can pick it up against Italy, but at some point the lack of rest will catch up with him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, shen said:

I mean, that's blatantly not true. They weren't "in control", unless you think Courtois' point blank reflex save and the post effort was being in control. The stats spoke for themselves - Belgium had one effort on target to Portugal's four. The latter also had four times as many efforts in total. Hardly "in control".
Against the Danes, they had two attacks of quality, both orchestrated/finished by De Bruyne, and looked rather toothless otherwise. Again, the stats will show they were not "in control".
The best you can say about Belgium is that they are efficient or have the quality at the right times.

In both games, Tielemans lost the ball multiple times and wasted possession, while also being overrun in midfield defensively.

He was definitely second best to the opposition midfield in both those games - and no I do not include Finland or Russia here.

For the record, I love Tielemans and think he's Leicester's best player overall, but he's just not been very good this tournament - particularly against opposition who have had a bit of quality.

I hope he can pick it up against Italy, but at some point the lack of rest will catch up with him.

Jesus lol No point me arguing this, especially over something I really don’t care about. 

Try Enjoy the euros mate, have a beer + relax

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Jesus lol No point me arguing this, especially over something I really don’t care about. 

Try Enjoy the euros mate, have a beer + relax

I am and was quite relaxed, until you jumped to Youri's defense. Am enjoying the bittersweet tournament, was in town watching and listening to the Croats having a blast.

He’s not cut out to play in a two man midfield, at least not in formation with a back three. As soon as he has to cover ground in wider areas he struggles due to his lack of athleticism.

in a 4231 with us he has the three ahead that screen the midfield alongside Ndidi, who is an anomaly with his ability to cover, so it suits Tielemans really well.

Its why we’ve almost always looked terrible when Mendy and Tielemans have played together - they just don’t have the legs.

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s not cut out to play in a two man midfield, at least not in formation with a back three. As soon as he has to cover ground in wider areas he struggles due to his lack of athleticism.

in a 4231 with us he has the three ahead that screen the midfield alongside Ndidi, who is an anomaly with his ability to cover, so it suits Tielemans really well.

Its why we’ve almost always looked terrible when Mendy and Tielemans have played together - they just don’t have the legs.

That will be why we have signed Soumaré. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

That will be why we have signed Soumaré. 

Initially, I wasn’t that keen on the signing but the more I thought about  it the happier I was. He adds athleticism and passing ability - none of our players have both to a decent standard, especially not in midfield.

Edited by Stadt

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I don't think we should overlook some world class pointing tho, he's a proper midfield general. :D

He loves a good point, does our little-un.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/04/17/43AFC8A700000578-4851494-image-m-114_1504541555096.jpg

image.jpeg.c5cfac9748938db55eb8db6428d9659a.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I don't think we should overlook some world class pointing tho, he's a proper midfield general. :D

Vardy used to do a lot of pointing when he played for England.  Funnily enough i was talking to a West Ham fan and he was saying Rice spends a lot of time pointing but doesn't do that when playing for West Ham .:dunno:

He's been playing a lot deeper than he does for us, hence why he's not shone as brightly as some of the attacking players Belgium have. But he's so good on the ball, even in this tournament and with his speed of thought, he can play almost anywhere on the pitch. 

Anyone noticed Youri has suddenly started liking a lot of posts on Instagram these last few weeks. He never used to like any posts during the season. Either he's got a new social media team doing it for him, or he's bored out of his mind in the Belgium camp with his family not being there. Hope it's the latter. 

• Like 1