Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So everyone wants a rw with Perez apparently not good enough. 

This guy and ounas I believe did not score together the amount Perez did last season. Why on earth would either be a better option? 

He’s a winger and 23? Perez isn’t really a winger and 27. I agree he’s not head and shoulders above Perez but it’s worth noting that nearly 40% of Perez’s goals were against the collapsed Soton.

With Albrighton a safe squad filler, gray an impact sub, and perez being played out of position, I’d be happy to see this guy, if Brooks etc don’t come.

Do think we need a genuine winger. Never seen this lad play but a few that have seem excited which is enough for cautious optimism from me. If of course there's any truth in this.

You get the feeling there is one position in the squad as a supporting 10 / Vardy backup and yet we have both Perez and Ian. 

Good to have options I suppose should we want to go two up top at any point, but if I had to choose between getting a quality RW stater or keeping both Perez and Ian, I'd choose the former. We'd probably be saying goodbye to Ian judging from comments from BR, rash subs and general lack of game time.

Shame because I think both are good players and I want them both to succeed. 

Ideally we'd just get rid of Gray!

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

It means it’s 100% happening 👀

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

It's a joke that was old, repetitive, and boring an hour after the original 👀

Now that has hardly cleared things up has it!!

:D

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

A bit sceptical of this. If he’s not good enough for Roma, why would he be good enough for us? Being linked with the likes of Newcastle doesn’t fill me with confidence either. 

Because apparently all that matters is he is not Ayoze Perez. Doesn't seem to matter about anything else like goals and assists. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

A bit sceptical of this. If he’s not good enough for Roma, why would he be good enough for us? Being linked with the likes of Newcastle doesn’t fill me with confidence either. 

I mean they've now signed Wilson, Fraser and Lewis, all who would have been good enough for us.

26 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wouldn’t be much business done throughout the market, if this approach and those parameters were applied by teams.

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If it meant Cags stays at the club for longer then that's an added bonus. It might also motivate Under to try and match his friend in terms of professionalism and desire to get better. Cengiz Under has been highly rated for several years (rightly so) but went to Roma a bit too early. He was part of the "Monchi generation" when Monchi went there as DOF from Sevilla and tried to replicate the Sevilla model for Roma. It didn't work for them (they needed more time) and Roma were a little impatient.

This player has a lot of potential and a new start with a good coach and a close friend could unlock his potential.

Sadly, I don't think it will have any substantive bearing.