Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

On 31/01/2021 at 18:43, Claridge said:

Maddison is no where near Mahrezs  level at anything apart from corners 👀

I beg to differ he still has a long way to go but when he turns up its game over ala Mahrez like I say still a long way to go but he is closest we have got to a Mahrez repalcement.

• Like 1

I gave him a kicking after the last game, mainly about consistency the lad has all the tools to be a world class player but he needs to find that consistency of putting 10 and 12 great performances together, I really want him to reach the top because I feel if he does then the club will, he is that good, looking forward now to the rest of the season cos Brendan will be in his ear today “that’s the benchmark son !” 

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes got 6 goals and 6 assists in his last 12 appearences.. id say thats consistent?

Misleading stat really ! He has gone missing in so many games especially the ones we lost 

What your stat proves is he can do it !  Now he has to do it week in week out for 90mins 

That’s what world class players do , and he can be one of those he has all the tools ! 

It’s interesting how all the HUGE money paper transfer talks this time last year have all dried up this year

i love him let’s hope he fulfil his promise 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is funny to read people's comments who still don't acknowledge the form Maddison is in. Its like he has to have a dominating performance every week otherwise scoring or assisting isn't enough.

Whatever level it i that our fans think he still needs to get to, he is already on his way there and this season he has started to find real regularity to his goals and assists. 

Great player 

Great point 

But for me the goals and assists only matter when the team are winning I couldn’t care less how many he gets as long as he is dominating and the team are winning, his goal stats don’t interest me, his performance and the team winning do ! 

He is a cracking player, he can be so much more ! He genuinely can go to the top BUT to do that he does need to be dominating matches and his team winning 

He was really poor against Leeds but they did a good job on marking him out of the game (no excuse for those poor corners) unfortunately no one stepped their game up and covered for him, he was excellent last night and had so much freedom and seemed to be playing further forward than normal (maybe because Perez was not in his way) he will have ‘off’ days but when he’s on form he is a joy to watch... 👏 

7 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes got 6 goals and 6 assists in his last 12 appearences.. id say thats consistent?

Yep, he's been good in the last couple months as you say. 

My point was more around the fact we need him to keep playing like this and not go missing like he has a tendency to do. 

In the 25 games previous to his good run of form, he managed 2 assists and 2 goals.

• Like 2

I'm a fan. But for as many chances as he creates, I think he squanders lots or slows the build up down. Now this isn't due to lack of talent - absolutely not. It's about decision making on the moment. He loves a body swerve or two and likes to invite contact. I just want him to keep his head up and keep the ball moving. It's not about 40 yard eye of a needle every time. It's about tempo and moving the oppos constantly around. Do that more efficiently and the bigger gaps will appear.

Before I get crap. This is a bit of cod analysis. NOT a criticism. As the lad is clearly very talented. 

• Like 1

His job is to score or make goals. The rest of the team are responsible for making sure we win or At least draw. I don’t know what some of you lot want from him but reminds me of when we had Mahrez... none of you will ever be happy with a player and truly feel sorry for your miserable opinions.

• Like 1

I felt he played more consistently and to a higher standard last season playing deeper as a 8 but his goal and assist dried up.

This season his playing further forward more often as a 10, his bang in goals and assists, but more in and out overall performance wise. 

People also forget his only 24.........

34 goal involvements in 87 PL games is impressive.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

His job is to score or make goals. The rest of the team are responsible for making sure we win or At least draw. I don’t know what some of you lot want from him but reminds me of when we had Mahrez... none of you will ever be happy with a player and truly feel sorry for your miserable opinions.

Your wrong mate. We are delighted we have a player of Madders talent. But some of us see his great contributions appearing in a landscape of 7/10 performances. He can therefore contribute more. He's getting all the media plaudits. But he's got lads around him working their absolute nuts off to allow him the time & space to produce those moments off magic. I just think if he worked his own nuts off to. He'd be 9/10 every week. 

37 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Your wrong mate. We are delighted we have a player of Madders talent. But some of us see his great contributions appearing in a landscape of 7/10 performances. He can therefore contribute more. He's getting all the media plaudits. But he's got lads around him working their absolute nuts off to allow him the time & space to produce those moments off magic. I just think if he worked his own nuts off to. He'd be 9/10 every week. 

Not every players talents are in the physical side, he’s a more technical player whilst someone like Ndidi is a more physical, both have merits and disadvantages but more importantly they both have a place in this team. 

he does run, but he’s not quick, not strong, not tall and isn’t great at tackling so we just have to adapt around that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I felt he played more consistently and to a higher standard last season playing deeper as a 8 but his goal and assist dried up.

This season his playing further forward more often as a 10, his bang in goals and assists, but more in and out overall performance wise. 

People also forget his only 24.........

34 goal involvements in 87 PL games is impressive.

I felt he dropped deeper the longer the season went on last season  which as we all know he and the team collectively got worse. First half of last season he was scoring and playing very well. He weirdly didn't have many direct assists but did have 2 or 3 chalked off for taking deflections off the opposition which I've always thought is an odd rule.

Plays well for 10 games - Madders for England

Has one bad game - Limited, too slow and will never be as good as Jack Grealish

He has 12 goals or assists in his last 12 games.  Anybody who thinks that is anything other than top class needs to give their head a wobble!

Take him out of the team who else is creating like that?  Tielemans has been brilliant this season as the glue between defence and attack and we the best defensive midfielder in the league in Ndidi but neither can break through a defence like Maddison.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It is funny to read people's comments who still don't acknowledge the form Maddison is in. Its like he has to have a dominating performance every week otherwise scoring or assisting isn't enough.

Whatever level it i that our fans think he still needs to get to, he is already on his way there and this season he has started to find real regularity to his goals and assists. 

Great player 

I love him for his feet on the floor, humble and appreciative manner. No wonder the media love him. I really do love his selfless attitude on the pitch. I actually put him above mahrez, in who i like to see play. He is young and still wants to get better at his game, whereas mahrez had it in spades, kind of knew it but kind of chose when to turn up

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another thing that hasn't really been discussed much is his improvement at playing to the final whistle and not always looking for a cheap foul. His finish vs Southampton and his composure for Justin's goal last night wouldn't have happened a year ago, he'd have looked for a penalty and ballsed it up.

He has shown a capacity to improve on his weaknesses this season which will only continue to make him better. If Rodgers can drill into him that we never want to see him in our half unless he's last man back then the future is looking bright. 

I really want to know what him and Kel were talking about as they came off at half time. Was nice to see them both pouring with sweat as well

9 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Misleading stat really ! He has gone missing in so many games especially the ones we lost 

What your stat proves is he can do it !  Now he has to do it week in week out for 90mins 

That’s what world class players do , and he can be one of those he has all the tools ! 

It’s interesting how all the HUGE money paper transfer talks this time last year have all dried up this year

i love him let’s hope he fulfil his promise 

Might be to do with COVID not allowing these 'HUGE' transfers taking place. 

• Like 1