Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He’s on the pitch for those one or two individual moments that create a chance or he pops one in. Nobody can deny he’s been doing that of late, but by god he plays  a huge amount of diabolical shit in between. We and he needs to find a way to impact a game more consistently throughout the 90.

It’s frustrating because he is capable.

He’s on the pitch for those one or two individual moments that create a chance or he pops one in. Nobody can deny he’s been doing that of late, but by god he plays  a huge amount of diabolical shit in between. We and he needs to find a way to impact a game more consistently throughout the 90.

It’s frustrating because he is capable.

Agree.

Contrary to what a few on here say, often it's not him trying eye of the needle stuff which turns the ball over, but basic possession giveaways/turnovers in bad areas. It's alright when you've got Ndidi mopping up behind you, but it gets exposed otherwise.

That lack of a yard of speed in his mind and in his legs over short distances really hinders his game in that regard.  He'll often take a split second too long to make his choice. It's the difference between him being a Europa League level talent, and a champions League one.

• Like 2

At times but he’s not anywhere close to his ability.

I know he's not of the same ability but we were prepared to put up with Mahrez drifting out of games for that moment of quality. Maddison has been providing them recently (since Brighton at home) so I don't think one poor display (where he did contribute to a great goal) should mean we overreact and he's suddenly not good enough for this and that.

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

The reason he is talked about in regard to England is the same reason we are called a counter attacking team. The same reason that Spurs were talked about in terms of winning a title a few weeks ago. The same reason Pogba goes from awful to great in the space of a week......THE MEDIA. 

He could have answered and made himself sound a bit humble. Maybe said he needs to do it at a rate of higher than 3 games every 10. 

Yeah - so if the media ask him a question about his chances for England, he's not going to outright say no, is he? 

I very much think you've not even watched the interview if you don't think he sounded humble. He's not once said he thinks he should be in the England squad. He didn't say Southgate should be picking him. If I remember correctly, Maddison's words were more to the effect of trying to play as well as he can and make an impression and see what happens. So he knows he needs to improve, perform consistently and do well for the club. Literally nothing wrong with how he answered a question about playing for England.

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

I agree with you ...people play badly....and all players have bad days at the office. The point I disagree with is his attitude. If you're losing the ball time and time again....at least chance back. Put the effort in. Don't just walk about throwing your toys out of the pram because it's not bouncing your way. 

I'll agree effort could be more, today. Recent previous games that criticism can't be aimed at him, in my opinion. 

Where did he throw his toys out of the pram today? 

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

You can't say 'they' have it right when talking about maddison and England. But 'they' don't know what they're talking about when it comes to Leicester....you can't have it both ways. 

Sorry - where did I say they don't know what they're talking about or that they have it right about Maddison and England? What have I said to state I'm having it both ways?

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah - so if the media ask him a question about his chances for England, he's not going to outright say no, is he? 

I very much think you've not even watched the interview if you don't think he sounded humble. He's not once said he thinks he should be in the England squad. He didn't say Southgate should be picking him. If I remember correctly, Maddison's words were more to the effect of trying to play as well as he can and make an impression and see what happens. So he knows he needs to improve, perform consistently and do well for the club. Literally nothing wrong with how he answered a question about playing for England.

I'll agree effort could be more, today. Recent previous games that criticism can't be aimed at him, in my opinion. 

Where did he throw his toys out of the pram today? 

Sorry - where did I say they don't know what they're talking about or that they have it right about Maddison and England? What have I said to state I'm having it both ways?

Why can't he say no? Why can't he say I am miles behind the competition so no...I'm not part of the England plans until I improve ? 

He threw his toys at the end when he tried a 10 yard pass to nobody and it rolled out of play. He threw his arms up and stood there. I'd prefer to see him mark someone or get into a position to win the ball back as his first priority. 

If I went through the forum I would never find you criticising the media or disagreeing with what they say about Leicester? Have a day off ! 

Relax. He'll be be good again for a bit next week. But about 2 weeks later it will be back to this dross. Just don't spend the cash on his shirt is my advice. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Why can't he say no? Why can't he say I am miles behind the competition so no...I'm not part of the England plans until I improve ? 

He threw his toys at the end when he tried a 10 yard pass to nobody and it rolled out of play. He threw his arms up and stood there. I'd prefer to see him mark someone or get into a position to win the ball back as his first priority. 

If I went through the forum I would never find you criticising the media or disagreeing with what they say about Leicester? Have a day off ! 

Relax. He'll be be good again for a bit next week. But about 2 weeks later it will be back to this dross. Just don't spend the cash on his shirt is my advice. 

Sorry I was trying to put things in to perspective about him and I think you've gone off on a tangent and misunderstood where I was coming from. 

It's good to know you will back our players though and not think they'll be dross soon. Oh wait...

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry I was trying to put things in to perspective about him and I think you've gone off on a tangent and misunderstood where I was coming from. 

It's good to know you will back our players though and not think they'll be dross soon. Oh wait...

Apology accepted. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

6 goals and 7 assists in 1387 minutes (20 games altogether), ridiculous stats this season.

Got alot of flack at the weekend, rightly so along with others. But was sublime today. His involvement for the 2nd goal was something else! 

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

6 goals and 7 assists in 1387 minutes (20 games altogether), ridiculous stats this season.

I always think he's class until I read Foxestalk.

He will get even better.  His risk and reward game means not everything he does works.  I think the proportions will get better

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm not going to slag him. As he can produce match winning moments. But I still don't think he's maximising his ability. Is that a criticism or an observation? I just think there's more he can do. 

Take it as a positive then that he's still getting those numbers and influencing games more often than not, and there's still more to come :D 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Take it as a positive then that he's still getting those numbers and influencing games more often than not, and there's still more to come :D 

Absolutely. That's what frustrates me a little. I think he could be truly lethal with a little more drive, application, and maybe one less pirouette every now and again.  

25 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Absolutely. That's what frustrates me a little. I think he could be truly lethal with a little more drive, application, and maybe one less pirouette every now and again.  

I think he's bordering on the edge of taking his game to the next level, things are slowly seeming to click for him to become a complete attacking midfielder, i dont think it's long before he goes on a run of 10+ incredible games and we never look back. Similar to what's happened to youri this season

Edited by honeybradger