Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how about a celebration where certain players are in a line.....

Thanks (Timothy) We (Wilf) Heard (Harvey) You (Youri)!!!

What do you think?

If they can't organise a set piece I don't know how the hell they'll organise this! 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 3

Im no leader but lets have a specific thread where we ask for certain light hearted actions from our team.Celebrations , warm ups,interviews are always great when they mention some random song title 'it only takes a minute (girl) to score a goal' for instance

This could be good for our mental health in the midst of a pandemic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....they have been doing the same thing for years!!!!

Nearly 250 corners without scoring  then we got one, I thing we are upto 100+ since the last goal, it would be one very big coincidence that they changed something that has not worked for years after a topic which pointed out how ridiculous it is to continue doing something that clearly does not work.

Like the poster regarding the golf forum, if a professional Golfer can come on to a forum incognito then why can't a football player?

I think its more likely that the amount it's been highlighted by Sky, BT, pundits 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure if you are saying this has been overstated by the above media outlets!!!

How often do you hear commentators refer to such statistics, the information came from the statistician Stringer uses.

Our weakness at set pieces at both end of the pitch has been mention numerous times.

14 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Because he tries to get the perfect delivery every time.

No harm sometimes just lofting one into an area on occasion.

I don't think people appreciate how difficult it is to get the power, curve on the ball, accuracy and height all perfect for a corner. When you're trying that fast delivery, you've got a 5 inch gap to aim for. Too low and it hits the first man, too high and it's out for a throw in.

As I say, he needs to mix it up because teams are just putting their best headers at the front post now.

This is really indefensible. We have heard similar defence for a while - how difficult it is to take corners? Then we watch other teams, and they are often much better. Distinctively, I remember Brentford because this argument came up, and they (Championship club) were whipping corners so so much better than Maddison’s. It is the truth that he is just a poor corner taker and we are a team so it is about the team not Maddison - if he has been consistently poor for ages, let someone else take them. It is like he is the boss at work that no one dares to tell him the truth about his problems. But on the rare occasion he delivers a decent one, everyone jumps at the chance to reinforce the hype that “he is so dangerous with set pieces”. 

It is nothing personal but some fans take it the wrong way when we just tell the truth. And the truth is I am seeing general improvements in other aspects of his game - he is getting goals and being more disciplined about his role on the pitch. But it does not mean he can act like a boss when taking corners! So I agree with those here who are getting sick of him taking corners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure if you are saying this has been overstated by the above media outlets!!!

How often do you hear commentators refer to such statistics, the information came from the statistician Stringer uses.

They just read from old script.

Example, even Rodgers admitted it recently in an interview: we all know Ndidi is very bad when it comes to shooting from distance; his shots often end at row Z if not over the rooftop. And so many times over the years commentators have said on TV “we know he can hit them”; “he is a really good shooter from a distance”, and then refer to his one goal in Belgium and his one goal from 2017!

It is like Maddison’s corners, they perhaps saw one good one in 2018, then kept the script to say that “he is really dangerous from corners”.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1

Likes - 

His increased goal scoring. 

His outside of the boot passing. 

His interviews. (Love, in fact). 

Dislikes -

His beard. Not a good look. 

Man Utd fan. 

He's seemingly un droppable from set pieces. 

Clothing. 

Need to see more to make a judgement - 

The pearlescent bag. 

Edited by foxile5

5 hours ago, Bryn said:

This actually does my head in, he should use his left.

Outside of the boot passing with your right isnt the same as passing with your left, it's done to get spin on it. Look at vardy's goal vs sheffield or vardy's goal vs man city assisted by barnes, you cant curl it round the defender if you pass with your left.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1