Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Yes ok he had a bad game, he's young and he will learn from games like today, get off his back give the lad a break, its players like him that will bring silverware to our great club.

Dont think he'll learn from it.

Just one of those players blows hot and cold.

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Having a job to think when I’ve ever seen him play as badly as he did today 

Offered absolutely no value 

He has played as badly as that on many occasions for us.

Everyone is so reactionary about players these days that it's hard to analyse what he actually is without getting lost in the noise.

He is a talented player (definitely a top 6 talent as a technical footballer) but he suffers from massive inconsistency because he is very much a "system" player and lacks the physicality and speed to make full use of his innate technical gifts (which are good, but not world class by any stretch) to properly impose himself on games on a consistent basis.

How many games can you think of where the team have played poorly, but Madders comes out with credit? That says a lot to me about a player.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

He talks a good game, but takes all the corners an free kicks for his own selfish reasons, as he said in his interview numbers. The kid scores the odd goal to stay relevant, can't control or dictate a game, he lacks creativity, see's thee simple pass but not passes that top players see, good player that it, not having a go, i want him to be a world beater but he's not going to be.

3 minutes ago, KiNg oF nOObs said:

He talks a good game, but takes all the corners an free kicks for his own selfish reasons, as he said in his interview numbers. The kid scores the odd goal to stay relevant, can't control or dictate a game, he lacks creativity, see's thee simple pass but not passes that top players see, good player that it, not having a go, i want him to be a world beater but he's not going to be.

Plenty examples out there for Maddison seeing the passes the top players see as you say. 

Agree with the corners though. Other than his direct freekicks the other deliveries are awful. 

• Like 1

A right Royal shite show from Maddison today unfortunately, mind you all of them apart from Kasper joined in the aforementioned shite show.

Hopefully we put this game behind us and give Fulham a good thumping next game... 

Up the City.... :scarf:

• Like 1

Maddison is an oddity, I don’t know what it is that makes him seem so good one game and them an absolute shit show the next. He was horrid today, but what I didn’t like was his lacklustre approach to the game. You watch his interview after Chelsea and you think “what a great guy, seems grounded and really mature and level headed” watch his performance today and you could forgive yourself for thinking he is an arrogant show pony who’s inflated self opinion blinds his vision on he pitch. 

Whatever it is he needs to sort it, because when there’s no Vardy he has to be the talisman in attack, at the moment Barnes is dragging us through some games.  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

That hospital ball for their first goal was a big moment in the game and pretty unforgivable. Complete supposition but I don’t think we’d have lost if they hadn’t scored so soon

Agreed. A key moment in the game, perhaps even the turning point.

35 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

That hospital ball for their first goal was a big moment in the game and pretty unforgivable. Complete supposition but I don’t think we’d have lost if they hadn’t scored so soon

Their game plan relied on that but to go one up and then do that pass but get it so wrong has pissed me off. Shows he’s still got a lot learn.

16 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Went missing in the second half quite literally

I dunno I think he was Leeds best player in the match! He unlocked our defence twice 🤣🤣

Ill still root for him but he needs to step his all round game, especially set pieces if he wants to be first pick for a team pushing at the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's not once 'talked himself in to the England set-up'. He said he wants to play for England, after being asked a question about it. He's hardly going to say no, is he? 

Ask yourself this - what was the reason he was asked about playing for England?

He was scoring. He was assisting. He was impacting games. Is that not letting his football do the talking? Is that not what prompts England squad comments? He has ambition. He needs to be more consistent but all this crap about keeping your mouth shut and letting football do the talking. If he's doing a post-match interview, he's hardly going to be silent. He let his football talk in the lead up to that post-match interview.

I'd rather have a player that wants to play for England and try and get there and play himself in to form, and have one bad day after a couple of months as opposed to someone who doesn't have the ambition to play for them and therefore won't put in the effort to play.

Today was a shit day. He knows it. He doesn't need to be sold off by fans on here just after one bad game. Funnily enough he probably knows he could be better and will work hard to make it happen. You don't become shit overnight and put in a performance like today. What would worry me is if this kind of performance was sustained and we saw it happen for a big run of games. Let's also remember he misses the movement of Vardy in front of him - Perez occupies his space to work in and brings in more opposition players to get close to Maddison. Some games it'll work and others it won't - that literally is football. Maddison is clearly a player who is very good and highly-rated. He doesn't need all the shit that gets hurled to him after one bad game in which several others under-performed too. 

Well said! 👏

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's not once 'talked himself in to the England set-up'. He said he wants to play for England, after being asked a question about it. He's hardly going to say no, is he? 

Ask yourself this - what was the reason he was asked about playing for England?

He was scoring. He was assisting. He was impacting games. Is that not letting his football do the talking? Is that not what prompts England squad comments? He has ambition. He needs to be more consistent but all this crap about keeping your mouth shut and letting football do the talking. If he's doing a post-match interview, he's hardly going to be silent. He let his football talk in the lead up to that post-match interview.

I'd rather have a player that wants to play for England and try and get there and play himself in to form, and have one bad day after a couple of months as opposed to someone who doesn't have the ambition to play for them and therefore won't put in the effort to play.

Today was a shit day. He knows it. He doesn't need to be sold off by fans on here just after one bad game. Funnily enough he probably knows he could be better and will work hard to make it happen. You don't become shit overnight and put in a performance like today. What would worry me is if this kind of performance was sustained and we saw it happen for a big run of games. Let's also remember he misses the movement of Vardy in front of him - Perez occupies his space to work in and brings in more opposition players to get close to Maddison. Some games it'll work and others it won't - that literally is football. Maddison is clearly a player who is very good and highly-rated. He doesn't need all the shit that gets hurled to him after one bad game in which several others under-performed too. 

I agree with a lot of this. Vards stretches the game and opens space. Perez just stinks the space up!!!😂😂

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He made Southgate's job easy today. All those clamouring for his inclusion will not be do loud now after that AWOL performance. I like his moments of magic. But I remain anxious that he's a bit of a flat track bully. If he wants to be an Eng performer he needs to stamp his quality across the 'whole' of a game.

If Southgate bases his selections on a single performance, then he's perhaps a much poorer manager than many alleged.

59 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Yes ok he had a bad game, he's young and he will learn from games like today, get off his back give the lad a break, its players like him that will bring silverware to our great club.

He's 25 this year.