Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Lightweight luxury player. No edge or tenacity to him whatsoever 

Technically pleasing on the eye but nullified by our negative manager

I agree he was poor tonight, but blaming the manager for the player having a howler is a bit unfair. In fact, it's a lot unfair.

He is a bloody primadonna that's what he is. Having him 90 minutes on the pitch is just rolling a very risky dice.

Easy to shut him up, his style predictable and his contribution to defence next to bloody zero. No wonder they dropped him from England squad immediately.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I agree he was poor tonight, but blaming the manager for the player having a howler is a bit unfair. In fact, it's a lot unfair.

I meant to say negative system but suppose its the same thing. I'm so pissed off with that performance I should probably take a break from FT tonight. 

Playing Praet, Youri and Maddison quite clearly shouldn't happen again 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

My issue with him, is him taking corners. He’s been useless with them for ages

I remember debut , strolled up to corner clapping fans , sat right next to flag. The familiar set up. Then scuffed his kick. Nothing changed. What the flying is he doing in training. Needs to simplify what he’s doing same with free kicks. 

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I meant to say negative system but suppose its the same thing. I'm so pissed off with that performance I should probably take a break from FT tonight. 

Playing Praet, Youri and Maddison quite clearly shouldn't happen again 

Don't get me wrong, that was terrible. The only way we differ is in the whys and wherefores. It isn't worth falling out over. I consider myself baffled by that performance.

Edited by HighPeakFox

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is it that unfair to compare the two? 

Nope. It's just pointless right now. Grealish is clearly the better player but they don't even really play in the same position. Just seems that everything Madders does is done in the context of 'is it better/ worse than what Grealish have done?'. It's probably just me can't we just agree he was shit tonight and judge him by his own standards rather than constantly comparing to a guy who doesn't play for us?

There was a moment where I lost my rag like we conceded a goal. A great free kick opportunity and rather then let under take it he wasted his 7/8th set piece of the game. Despite it being in a prime position for a left foot. 

weird how bad his crossing has become 

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nope. It's just pointless right now. Grealish is clearly the better player but they don't even really play in the same position. Just seems that everything Madders does is done in the context of 'is it better/ worse than what Grealish have done?'. It's probably just me can't we just agree he was shit tonight and judge him by his own standards rather than constantly comparing to a guy who doesn't play for us?

He gets judged against players of similar age, in similar positions, of similar nationalities spoken about in similar ways by people football circles. 

He isn’t good enough to be spoken about in a class of his own, not many are.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

He gets judged against players of similar age, in similar positions, of similar nationalities spoken about in similar ways by people football circles. 

He isn’t good enough to be spoken about in a class of his own, not many are.

I think it would be much more interesting if that first statement were true but you know as well as I do that it's always Grealish that he's compared too. Always. Just read back through the thread. It's 'Grealish is a better player' ad infinitum. Yes, he is. We know. 

You've misunderstood me on the second point. I'm not suggesting he's in a class of his own, I'm suggesting it might be more useful to discuss his contribution to this game rather than pointing out that JG is the better player- it adds nothing to the discussion. Imho of course.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think it would be much more interesting if that first statement were true but you know as well as I do that it's always Grealish that he's compared too. Always. Just read back through the thread. It's 'Grealish is a better player' ad infinitum. Yes, he is. We know. 

You've misunderstood me on the second point. I'm not suggesting he's in a class of his own, I'm suggesting it might be more useful to discuss his contribution to this game rather than pointing out that JG is the better player- it adds nothing to the discussion. Imho of course.

Fair enough, but his contribution was pretty much nothing like it regularity is.