Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Fkin Ada. We really don't deserve players.

The slagging madders  gets  is from the exact same punters who would swap maddison for a noel Cantwell or David Brooks at a drop of a hat.

Some people just don't know how good things arectil its gone

Some people can be a bit dysfunctional at times 

Don’t understand the Maddison hate, he was dogshite tonight, they all were. However he’s literally our only midfielder that can turn with the ball, the rest just get stuck with their back to goal until they inevitably pass it back to the centre back. When the team is set up well and we have wingers, he’s a different player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

The people slagging Madders are surely the ones who decided Mahrez wasn’t up to it when he had a few bad games when teams were doubling up on him.

Make no mistake they were instructed to stop Madders tonight as he is our most creative player. It looked to me like Parker drilled them to foul him and not let him get into his rhythm. Great tactic, because with a poor team selection and formation he was heavily relied upon.

Let’s not start turning on very good players when they have a bad game fellas. He was superb v Braga and we are so lucky to have him.

However, he needs to cut down on the long range shots and we need to mix up the set pieces. 

I like him but the troubling thing is it's not just a few games. He's been average at best for a long time. I'd rather keep him on the bench for a while and ban him from set-pieces.

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I like him but the troubling thing is it's not just a few games. He's been average at best for a long time. I'd rather keep him on the bench for a while and ban him from set-pieces.

I’ll have to disagree with you.  He’s a fantastic footballer and one that we need to fully utilise. Tonight we should have played a 4-2-3-1 and made him the focal point of an attacking line up. 

• Like 1

I love Madders but he just isnt on it at the moment. He needs to work on consistency. Against Braga he came on and fought yet the next match nothing? Also the constant sitting on his bum is beginning to get annoying. Drawing fouls is one thing but try and ride a few out and stay on your feet. Set pieces and corners is also an issue at the moment. Drop him from them and he needs to practice practice practice. He hasnt been right since his injury to be honest. He will come good again but he needs to knuckle down and go back to basics.

He's getting kicked and fouled a lot more this season. I've always thought you can put him off his game by kicking him a few times early on in a match.

It was one of his worst ever games for us tonight but we need him to find some form if we want to go far in Europe or the League this season.

4 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

The people slagging Madders are surely the ones who decided Mahrez wasn’t up to it when he had a few bad games when teams were doubling up on him.

Make no mistake they were instructed to stop Madders tonight as he is our most creative player. It looked to me like Parker drilled them to foul him and not let him get into his rhythm. Great tactic, because with a poor team selection and formation he was heavily relied upon.

Let’s not start turning on very good players when they have a bad game fellas. He was superb v Braga and we are so lucky to have him.

However, he needs to cut down on the long range shots and we need to mix up the set pieces. 

I don't think he's our most creative player, 2 assists in the EPL in almost a year of football, and he takes our set pieces as well! Barnes has 5 assists in the same amount of time, with a lot more goals thrown in too.

Good player on his day but overated in general. I don't think he should be played on the wing either, problem is in the centre Tielemans is the much better player.

Madders just doesn't look fit. Way too slow on the ball. Always looking to draw the free kick rather than beat a player. I am afraid he is always looking for the spectacular when a regular ball to a player in a better position is available. Since his return from injury we seem to be carrying him. He is not contributing in midfield. Might be he is coming too deep and just lays a simple sideways pass. He should be picking the ball up in the final third of the pitch. He has talent but unfortunately hasn't shown it this season. I got to give Freakish credit, he does leave his body on the pitch. Madders would rather be gelling his hair.

Hate is a very strong word; however James Maddison most definitely deserves criticism for his performances, as our main creative player we expect better from him. There’s been so many games ever since he joined, where he has failed to deliver, especially against teams we should be beating, he hasn’t turned up.

His first two seasons with us saw the same pattern, August-December he was brilliant, January to May he was poor. Last season was pretty much a carbon copy of his form in 18/19.

Last season he got 3 assists, the same amount as Albrighton, Iheanacho and Gray, for our main creative player that is a shambolic contribution. 

As I said only last week, I’ve never known a Leicester player to be so hit and miss, he’s lacked consistency ever since he joined, can go through a fantastic patch, then suddenly hits a really shit patch.

Those defending him, I’m sorry to say, performances and statistics show he must do better, right now he is failing to cut the mustard.

• Like 2

I've said it a few times (alot) that Madison shouldn't play when Tielemans is playing. Madison totally nullifies Tielemans and because of that they both struggle. 

We need to leave Madders on the bench and bring him on when the games won or Youris legs have gone. 

We are where we are due to the way the 2nd string were playing, now we are putting Madison in instead of Preat we are struggling. 

When Madison is on it he plays really well but he isn't there at the minute and deserves a stint out the team. Let the winning team continue to win and change when necessary. 

The set up tonight was all wrong from the start, I said in the match threat when the teams were announced too much focus in the centre of the park. 

Having no Barnes or Under is shocking. 6 defensive outfield players against Fulham, we got what we deserved from the game. 

The only positive I took from the game was a Barnes goal which will help build his confidence and hopefully he will start against Sheff Utd and bag a couple more. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I never rode on Mahrez’s back. His talent, vision and amazing decision making ability were all there to see since quite early on.

But on the words in bold, I still don’t get where that came from. This has been simply stated without reference to reality since early on by some fans and the media. He has never been that creative, and certainly not the most creative in the team. Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy, Castagne and probably Under by the looks of things all rank above Maddison in my opinion.

He does have a good spin and can help get around tight situations around the box, but that Perez can do as well and at times I think Nachos is even better - his flicks and back heels are not just for show they are quite effective.

To end, Madders is not a bad player, but it does get annoying when people make claims about him like he is Messi and more importantly when he gets favorable treatment and just walks back in and breaks up a winning team. (Tonight, he was not to blame - blame is on Rodgers for putting out a super defensive and ineffective team to play attacking football).

9 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Maddison is nowhere near Mahrez’s level! Mahrez would have you on the edge of the edge of the seat and not once has James Maddison done that for me!

He’s too slow and weak most of the time!

His stats are 76 games 14 goals and 10 assists which isn’t a great showing tbf 

• Like 1