Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That little pass against Man City in the Champions League season is still the best assist i've ever seen.

Best thing about it was that I don’t think anyone at all knew what was coming

• Like 2

On 13/09/2020 at 19:15, foxfanazer said:

Big season for him. I know many will disagree but he didn't do enough last season for me. Hope his quality shines through this season. If it does there'll be all the big clubs after him no doubt

The only caveat to this would be that once we started getting injurys over Xmas time he had a lot less quality to work with such as tielemans having a bad few month over this period too.

BR also kept dropping him back into midfield rather than in a no.10 role where he thrives.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

On 16/09/2020 at 09:21, AKCJ said:

That little pass against Man City in the Champions League season is still the best assist i've ever seen.

Which one..out of the sky in the rain first time right into JV? THAT one was gobsmacking

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 3

On 16/09/2020 at 09:21, AKCJ said:

I wholeheartedly agree. In my opinion it didn't get enough recognition at the time.

I think it was Huth's clearance, 60 yards? In a single touch with his weaker right foot Mahrez laid a perfect pass onto Vardy to score.

Absolutely sensational.

On 16/09/2020 at 09:35, UHDrive said:

The only caveat to this would be that once we started getting injurys over Xmas time he had a lot less quality to work with such as tielemans having a bad few month over this period too.

BR also kept dropping him back into midfield rather than in a no.10 role where he thrives.

....funny he says he is not a 10...he is an 8 and wants to play in that role for his England career!!!

We can all see that the 10 role is his best position within this team, but I personally do not think he is really that good and there are plenty of players who we could bring in for that central role, that is better and would be more effective.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....funny he says he is not a 10...he is an 8 and wants to play in that role for his England career!!!

We can all see that the 10 role is his best position within this team, but I personally do not think he is really that good and there are plenty of players who we could bring in for that central role, that is better and would be more effective.

Do we have a bit of Gerrard/Lampard thing emerging with him and Tielemans? Its clear we went to play him as a 10, but he sees himself as an 8, and so is Tielemans. Would be better dropping one, and playing Perez in the 10 role, where I actually think he'd shine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Do we have a bit of Gerrard/Lampard thing emerging with him and Tielemans? Its clear we went to play him as a 10, but he sees himself as an 8, and so is Tielemans. Would be better dropping one, and playing Perez in the 10 role, where I actually think he'd shine.

...Perez needs to get a chance to play in the role than suits him!!!

He would be good in the 10 role or second striker, Tielemans pushed further up is as effective and at the start of last season he was arriving late in the box not getting picked up. At the moment it works as it is, and will take a big move by Rodgers, to alter the dynamics.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

We had one of the best runs in the history of our club in 2019 playing maddison and tielemans as 8s. Also perez had a run in that 10 role post lockdown and honestly he wasnt even that good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

We had one of the best runs in the history of our club in 2019 playing maddison and tielemans as 8s. Also perez had a run in that 10 role post lockdown and honestly he wasnt even that good. 

I said emerging. Clearly Maddisons game is changing, he developing into something other than the 10 we brought him as, and they might not compliment each other as well any more. When you play two 8s it either works amazingly as they dovetail each other, or its awful as they tread on each other toes. I think we're heading into a treading on toes situation at the minute.

Perez had a few good games off the striker, and often played there with good effect for Newcastle.

• 2 months later...