Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

The problem is we know there is a good player in Madders somewhere. People have blue tinted specs on when he does a smart turn or does some skill with the ball. But they forget what he often does after that. That's mainly losing the ball. He's currently not our most creative player and he dilly dallys too much on the ball. Think about it, Vardy thrives of that quick pass into the channels, Youri does that and madders doesn't. I do agree with some on here that Youri and Madders cannot be on the same team. Youri is a much better player without madders on the pitch. He needs some time out of the team and BR needs to go back to a 4 for the more "winnable" games. If he plays a 5 again against Sheffield United then we're gonna ask some questions. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2

I'm a massive fan of Maddison but last night was one of his worst performances for the club. He became a liability and IMO should have been brought off. Lost the ball constantly, poor first touches, and was unnecessarily looking for that killer ball when it wasn't on. He hasn't impressed in recent games looking back.

Edit: what the hell is going on with his set pieces too!?!? 

Edited by maynefox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think he's our most creative player, 2 assists in the EPL in almost a year of football, and he takes our set pieces as well! Barnes has 5 assists in the same amount of time, with a lot more goals thrown in too.

Good player on his day but overated in general. I don't think he should be played on the wing either, problem is in the centre Tielemans is the much better player.

He definitely shouldn’t be playing on the wing. Formation and selection was all wrong last night (to be fair to Brendan he’s got it right far more often than not).

I think we can accommodate a midfield three of Wilf, Youri, Madders and I think we should try and play them together in big games.

Needs to try and stay on his feet more rather than easily going to ground to win 'soft' free kicks.

Problem with trying to win free kicks as opposed to riding out tackles/fouls is that it breaks up the play for the opposition and allows them time to recover and realign defensively when we should be trying to attack at pace when they are out of position.....like we did at Leeds!

Other issue for me is that unlike really top players, he rarely 'shows-up' for big games....just my humble opinion.

• Like 3

I'd love to see a package of his contributions on the ball in every game. To me he seems to very rarely show the talent he clearly has, often opting to play a simple pass backwards. His manner lacks any kind of urgency which is annoying as well, when he throws himself to the floor when a player comes within a foot of him, he spends a good period of time moaning and then slowly getting to his feet. He kills the tempo consistently.

It's frustrating because we've seen glimpses of what a fully on it Madders looks like and he can cut defences open. Those contributions seem to be few and far between though, he simply doesn't do it enough. He's paid big boy money now so he should really be putting in much better performances than we're getting.

I feel like people sometimes forget we're not a team scrimping at the bottom of the table anymore, we pay these players and the manager a lot of money. It's okay to expect a higher standard of performance.

• Like 2

I see a laugh react to my "One hell of a player' post.

Bit silly imo.  Madison is highly rated because he is quality.  He didn't have a good game yesterday.  The whole team was off.  We have seen Leicester play brilliantly with him and Tielemans together.

It is frustrating to see so many on the forum write off players of quality.

• Like 2

He's all technique. Very good at drawing fouls and sliding through gaps but he's not a playmaker, nor does he offer much from dead balls.

This last year has been concerning, it was all about potential his first season, he was impressive. But physically he's not all there and if his technical talent doesn't produce goals, assists or much else he's a complete luxury.

It's a shame because he's got a good attitude, adds flair and a little bit more chirpyness into our team.

That said he's not a winger and keeps getting pushed out to accommodate Rodgers' formation, and he's been injured for a while too. But I can't help but start to think he'll eventually just be seen as a poor man's Juan Mata - so wouldn't mind too much if we flog him to Man U for £65m+, currently.

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I see a laugh react to my "One hell of a player' post.

Bit silly imo.  Madison is highly rated because he is quality.  He didn't have a good game yesterday.  The whole team was off.  We have seen Leicester play brilliantly with him and Tielemans together.

It is frustrating to see so many on the forum write off players of quality.

He shouldn't be written off, but what in the past 12 months warrants calling him 'one hell of a player'? 2 goals and 2 assists in the EPL, when he takes most of our set pieces, however you spin it isn't good enough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He shouldn't be written off, but what in the past 12 months warrants calling him 'one hell of a player'? 2 goals and 2 assists in the EPL, when he takes most of our set pieces, however you spin it isn't good enough.

I appreciate the considered response.  Are you sure you qualify to post on this forum?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

19 hours ago, hejammy said:

The problem is we know there is a good player in Madders somewhere. People have blue tinted specs on when he does a smart turn or does some skill with the ball. But they forget what he often does after that. That's mainly losing the ball. He's currently not our most creative player and he dilly dallys too much on the ball. Think about it, Vardy thrives of that quick pass into the channels, Youri does that and madders doesn't. I do agree with some on here that Youri and Madders cannot be on the same team. Youri is a much better player without madders on the pitch. He needs some time out of the team and BR needs to go back to a 4 for the more "winnable" games. If he plays a 5 again against Sheffield United then we're gonna ask some questions. 

Wernt Youri and Maddison both on the team every week in our club record biggest top division winning run?

A very flawed arguement when I’ve heard that rubbish.

If we set up in a 433 with Maddison at the tip in the free role and Youri sitting with Wilf and scraping this bs formation , you will see how they actually play with each other.

Wilf YT

Madders

Under Vardy Barnes

If BR ever gives me the joy of that, watch them and us fly