Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Between December and February he was excellent, involved in virtually all the games, statistically superb and leading the team at times.

The injury obviously robbed him of six weeks, the party nonsense was another setback and he looks out of it again.

I'm tempted to sell- I wasn't before but just not convinced he's the consistent player we need.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Between December and February he was excellent, involved in virtually all the games, statistically superb and leading the team at times.

The injury obviously robbed him of six weeks, the party nonsense was another setback and he looks out of it again.

I'm tempted to sell- I wasn't before but just not convinced he's the consistent player we need.

If we had to sell any of our first team, Maddison would be the one I’d be least disappointed to lose. 

• Like 3

Frustrates the life out of me! He obviously has quality and is capable of producing some superb performances but the problem is they're so few and far between.

He always seems to want too long on the ball as well. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Difference is Nacho got dropped and hardly ever got a look in.

This is literally the longest run he's had in the team of which he's hardly ever had a consistent run in the team until now.

I was thinking before Kick Off today about the Cup Final team. I don’t think Rodgers would leave Maddison out (for a number of reasons) but I really hope he doesn’t start. He can have a great game but he’s well off it at the minute. We can’t afford any passengers in the biggest game of the season. 

• Like 1

Needs to get his head down and crack on . Fantastic footballer when he’s on it and you  have to remember he’s still coming back from injury but....For me he shouldn’t have started or been on the pitch for so long especially as Perez has been good in the 10 role and made a huge difference when he came on . Should be on the bench and come on as a sub next weekend and in no way deserves to start . 

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The only party he doesn’t show up to is the one that matters: on the pitch.

I’ve always said he decorated not dominates games. When the team is on song he’ll look like a real player and score a lovely goal here or there.

Where have we ever seen him grab a game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen and drag us to a win or an unexpected draw?

He’s a great player by the stats but he plays in patches. Off the pitch he’s not shown the application or professionalism to address that and become a truly great player.

Those in his class - Mount, Foden and Grealish - are all making things happen for their respective sides.

....probably he sees this, and is the main reason for him acting out and lack of form!!!

Hard to look across the way and watch players in your field, excelling at their clubs and you are playing catch up, especially when their are people surpassing you, who were never in the conversation in the first place.

2 hours ago, nettle said:

Both Youri and Wilf's games have dropped off since Maddison has been slotted back in the side I think we'd look better with Perez or Praet in front of them if you ask me. 

Yep I agree that Youri and Wilf have been poor for the last two games. We haven't won many games when they haven't performed....however would they really have been much better with Perez in the 10 position?....Or is it just due to the huge amount of games they have played....

Sometimes a manager has to drop a good player when they are not playing well enough to say you need to get fit or your contribution needs to be better. If he doesn’t it’s to the detriment of the team. All the great managers don’t shirk having to make that decision. I think we’ve reached that point now with Maddison. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Get off his back. He’s coming back from an injury and he’s probably trying too hard to make up for the covid breach, that he’s actually playing crap. But class is permanent, he’ll be back. 

Try too hard lol lol lol lol

I hope this is satire 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

On my notifications he has gone back through and put a laughing reply to any post RE Maddison that is not favourable

He could also be manifested as many other posters with no post count, hiding behind all these anonymously?

He should absolutely not start the next game! I find the chances he and Perez get over others really frustrating. Others are recovery from injuries and need game time. It's not all about your teachers pets Brendan!

• Like 1

Just now, sdb said:

I agree, but he never really delivers either. I'm also pretty sure that he's not here for the long term and both he and BR know it.

This is the problem isn’t it though? Like Kel, who also never delivered, he likely needs a run in the team. However, I suspect he cannot be happy with is supporting role, he is better than that, so would not be surprised to see him move on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ttfn
2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Iheanacho has turned more games for us in the last 3 months than Maddison has in 3 years.

Agree with all of what you say but this is absolutely spot on. I’d even go so far as to say that Iheanacho had probably turned as many games for us as Maddison has BEFORE his current hot streak.