Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, Le Renard said:

Maddison is the new Chilwell? 

He is off form and has had injury problems, just before his latest setback he was being praised by many on here.  Rodgers has to try and get him back up and running, but we don't have the midweek cup game to do that, so he has to try and play him into fitness.   This for me highlights a lack of depth in the squad and it is why clubs with deeper pockets seem to be able to go on a run at the end of the season.

I understand what bredan is trying to do..

But it is failing and costing us.  The next three pl games are crucial to cl... and hence to our  recruitment .

Bredan should only play the players he knows are on form.  

Sadly for Madison he must be sidelined... but com on when we are two up.  His target should be August .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Maddison is the new Chilwell? 

He is off form and has had injury problems, just before his latest setback he was being praised by many on here.  Rodgers has to try and get him back up and running, but we don't have the midweek cup game to do that, so he has to try and play him into fitness.   This for me highlights a lack of depth in the squad and it is why clubs with deeper pockets seem to be able to go on a run at the end of the season.

Don't agree about lack of depth you play either Perez or Praet in Maddison's position

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Okeyanthony said:

Blatant rubbish. Repeating myths that have absolutely no foundation. It was all about CONFIDENCE, and having a run. There was Kelechi before Vardy, and there’ll be Kelechi when another team gets him. Could probably be over 20 assists if players were scoring off the through balls he was handing them. Without doubt most lethal player in the team at the moment, and clearly the most creative.

If we had 2 Kelechi’s yesterday we don't lose that game.

...well that is your perception,  but obviously you do not see that when Nacho came here it was to play alongside Vardy and he was not playing as a Lone Striker at Man. City. 

Yes it is great he has had the run in the team but he was used as a Lone Striker here when vardy was not available and bombed.

Should Vardy be out with any kind of injury then Rodgers will be looking for someone to play upfront with him.

He was viewed as so poor Rodgers played Perez as a false nine instead of playing him upfront on his own. 

There has been lots to dislike about his performances recently but we didn't lose last night because of him.

We lost because the formation was a shambles, Fofana and Soyuncu were abysmal, we were caught how with Newcastles attacking intent, Ndidi couldn't pass wind, Tielemans had the fewest touches I can remember and again struggled when pressed. Yet it's Maddison who appears to baring the brunt of the criticism. 

Unfortunately for Maddison his image and reputation leaves him open to abuse whenever things go wrong. 

Whereas Iheanacho is benefitting from the formation, noone else appears to be. Maddison and Vardy want options from the wing, Castagne and Ricardo need a winger to work with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A footballers image is a side of the game that most of us tend to deal with subliminally.

We see their posts full of man-bags, lurid t-shirts, designer dogs, nice living room lights and their constipated wags, so unless you are a proper stalker, it all tends to flush away as we exit their online circus. 

Maddison seems to pitch his online tone particularly well to the haters, think of that Golf picture after the party.

It really is easy to think of him as a bit of a knob, I think even 17 year old girls would question his online rep. 

And this is my personal belief why he gets shot down after performances like last night.

First half of the season when he was bossing it and his Insta was poppin.

This half of the season it all looks a bit saaaaaaad and out of touch. 

We know his references are the best of the best like LeBron, Becks, Jay Z and Hamilton, but they've earned they're status and can do whatever the f**k they want. 

Maddison ain't there yet and this is why I think he's a complex young man.  

He's clearly talented, a truly remarkable player, but in reality he's still got too many performances in him like last night, add in a cryptic online brand, it's just not working well for him at the moment.

I hate to sound like Graham Souness, but this is the same way I feel about Paul Pogba, (I know many Utd fans feel the same way about him)

If he's injured and not fully capable, then whoever is overriding that situation has questionable judgement. 

If there's a problem with his position and Vardy is looped in on that, then it's clearly at detriment to the whole team.

We need a firing number 10 in that position right now, a creative, a bagger, a sparker, a game changer and he can do that if he sorts his s**t out. 

I definitely do not want him to leave, he's a fantastic prospect that could become a legendary player for us, he just needs to find a way to break through his dichotomous disposition and drop that hype for real. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

A footballers image is a side of the game that most of us tend to deal with subliminally.

We see their posts full of man-bags, lurid t-shirts, designer dogs, nice living room lights and their constipated wags, so unless you are a proper stalker, it all tends to flush away as we exit their online circus. 

Maddison seems to pitch his online tone particularly well to the haters, think of that Golf picture after the party.

It really is easy to think of him as a bit of a knob, I think even 17 year old girls would question his online rep. 

And this is my personal belief why he gets shot down after performances like last night.

First half of the season when he was bossing it and his Insta was poppin.

This half of the season it all looks a bit saaaaaaad and out of touch. 

We know his references are the best of the best like LeBron, Becks, Jay Z and Hamilton, but they've earned they're status and can do whatever the f**k they want. 

Maddison ain't there yet and this is why I think he's a complex young man.  

He's clearly talented, a truly remarkable player, but in reality he's still got too many performances in him like last night, add in a cryptic online brand, it's just not working well for him at the moment.

I hate to sound like Graham Souness, but this is the same way I feel about Paul Pogba, (I know many Utd fans feel the same way about him)

If he's injured and not fully capable, then whoever is overriding that situation has questionable judgement. 

If there's a problem with his position and Vardy is looped in on that, then it's clearly at detriment to the whole team.

We need a firing number 10 in that position right now, a creative, a bagger, a sparker, a game changer and he can do that if he sorts his s**t out. 

I definitely do not want him to leave, he's a fantastic prospect that could become a legendary player for us, he just needs to find a way to break through his dichotomous disposition and drop that hype for real. 

agree ... he is not yet... but can be great for us … needs to work. - I think he need to focus on august - I don't think we should play him v manure until we are twoo up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

In my view Tielemans and Ndidi would have benefitted by the inclusion of Praet. It would have taken pressure off them, added more energy and aggression, and enabled us to dominate the midfield.  I think it's noticeable that Ndidi's performance has dropped over the last few games and I can imagine that is because he is feeling the pressure of having to perform like a superhuman game after game.

Yep I would like to see praet playing to see how it would work out. I think Ndidi's best games have been in a 4231 or 4141 formation so he is more suited to those similar systems. He doesn't seem to be able to play to his best level in a 3412 formation

1 hour ago, nettle said:

Don't agree about lack of depth you play either Perez or Praet in Maddison's position

Perez is a bit meh, it was only a few weeks ago on here he was getting slaughtered!  As for Praet, although imo I think he's a good technical player(he deserves more game time), I don't think he offers what Maddison can bring to the table.  He plays slightly deeper and only scored 4 goals in 98 for Sampdoria. 

Where’s @StriderHiryu with his condescending comments when Maddison flatters to deceive?

I’m on record already with my thoughts regarding Maddison, he has talent and he had potential but unfortunately a combination of things means he’s gone from looking a potential world beater 2 seasons ago to a mediocre mid-level Premier League footballer. He’s not as good as he thinks he is and he doesn’t have the work ethic to become better.

What does it say that he’s been suffering with a hip problem for over a year and he still plays golf in his spare time? 

Our best team performances this season have come with him being out of the team. The only way we’ve got a chance of winning the FA Cup next week is if he doesn’t start. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SecretPro said:

2 years younger, but we had already agreed Mount was shit anyway 

he gets highly rated by everyone it seems to me. maddison has more goals plus assists and in less games than him. i think they're both overrated tbh. still decent players tho

11 hours ago, nettle said:

As i mentioned yesterday he's not happy about not taking all the free kicks and corners you can see it in his facelol

He’s not taking them because of the deemed higher risk to his hip - so he only takes the occasional set piece 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s not taking them because of the deemed higher risk to his hip - so he only takes the occasional set piece 

So what you're basically saying is he shouldn't really be on the pitch because he's plainly not fit? 

37 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Shane’s still at it 😂

Haha! Seriously a lot of the comments are not even about his football ability, a lot are about what he wears and who he is mates with. It’s down to personal dislike  and people can’t wait to jump on! The same happened with Chilwell! No wonder The Sun sells so  well! 

People dislike a young lad doing well and flaunting it...quite sad really. 

Edited by SHANE_
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, nettle said:

So what you're basically saying is he shouldn't really be on the pitch because he's plainly not fit? 

The club are building up his fitness. He shouldn’t be on there on the basis of form IMO As much as I think Perez can’t trouble the goalmouth, his work rate is badly needed 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Don’t want him anywhere near our team, firstly doesn’t deserve to be, secondly clearly he’s dragging morale down. We’ve been crap since that West Ham sh show, yes we’ve scraped results but we’ve not looked any good. Him and Perez can bugger off as far as I’m concerned.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SHANE_ said:

Haha! Seriously a lot of the comments are not even about his football ability, a lot are about what he wears and who he is mates with. It’s down to personal dislike  and people can’t wait to jump on! The same happened with Chilwell! No wonder The Sun sells so  well! 

Bag the winner at Wembley James and all will be forgiven 👌🏻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...well that is your perception,  but obviously you do not see that when Nacho came here it was to play alongside Vardy and he was not playing as a Lone Striker at Man. City. 

Yes it is great he has had the run in the team but he was used as a Lone Striker here when vardy was not available and bombed.

Should Vardy be out with any kind of injury then Rodgers will be looking for someone to play upfront with him.

He was viewed as so poor Rodgers played Perez as a false nine instead of playing him upfront on his own. 

Pelligrini played him both as a lone striker and when chasing the game as a support striker, and he banged in goals in all cases.

It's myth.

Truth is every striker that has come in to back up Vardy or challenge him has faltered for one good reason, the team is not only built around Vady but his strengths.

That is why many on here need to be grateful to BR who has tweaked the system, to allow us play varied systems instead of just a pro-Vardy pattern. 

Kelechi is thriving in this system, Vardy is struggling for that reason not just because he's off form. We need to build a squad, short of the 11 and a few in reserve we don't have much and it's showing big time. 

Ndidi and Tillerman are struggling badly, We overuse players truth be told. 

39 minutes ago, SHANE_ said:

Tbf I dislike him cos he’s the definition of the privileged, out of touch modern day footballer & has let us down more times than he’s come up with the goods 🦊 

nothing to do with his (questionable) fashion sense 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

So you think someone that sulked as a lone striker, suddenly saw Vardy beside him and became a stud. A striker needs a run, putting him when we are 3 up and the midfielders are thinking if the shower and dinner doesn't cut it.