Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

13 minutes ago, nettle said:

He looks to me like he might be a bit pissed off because he's been taken off corners and most of the free kicks, he wants to be the main man and he's had his nose pushed out of joint a bit. 

Watch his ‘chances created’ stats dwindle. He’s talked about ‘numbers’ and will care about stuff like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Watch his ‘chances created’ stats dwindle. He’s talked about ‘numbers’ and will care about stuff like that.

Ask SHANE_ it'll come straight from the horses mouth

• Like 1

Guest Fktf

We all made this mistake with nacho after a few bad performances on the trot.

That said, sell him. I told a Man united supporting mate that I hope they come in for him over the summer. Big money deal, and I think he's probably the player we can stand to lose.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Who is SHANE_ and what has he said lol 

It's not what he's said...

SHANE_ is James Maddison and anybody who says it can't be because SHANE_ posted during the game should note that with the pace Maddison moves around the pitch it may well be that it's because he's on his mobile posting on here.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 1

Lets not sugar coat it or anything, whenever he pulls the shirt on I'll support him and yes, on his day he can look like a really good player, but when you compare him with other players he's supposedly in a battle against for England selection, he isn't in the same class as Grealish, Foden or Mount. All of those players can change a game on their own and actually make things happen. Maddison doesn't, for me anyway. He's far too inconsistent.

Show pony, believes his own hype. If anyone offered us even £40m or so, I'd snap their hand off.

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

We all made this mistake with nacho after a few bad performances on the trot.

That said, sell him. I told a Man united supporting mate that I hope they come in for him over the summer. Big money deal, and I think he's probably the player we can stand to lose.

Difference is Nacho got dropped and hardly ever got a look in.

This is literally the longest run he's had in the team of which he's hardly ever had a consistent run in the team until now.

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Never rated mount before this season but he is changing my opinion on him. 

Similar.  I never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to think Mount's style/qualities would benefit us much more than Maddison's.

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

so much for redeeming yourself Maddison after your Covid shennanigans.

Frustrating really, thought he was a smart guy with the way he comes across in the interviews... but I’m doubting that now, he had a chance of going to the Euros, but that party and total rubbish form has cost him massively. 

• Like 1

Guest Fktf
2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Similar.  I never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to think Mount's style/qualities would benefit us much more than Maddison's.

No contest for me, I'd swap in a heartbeat. 

He looks a shadow of the player he was before his injury, but lets not forget the Southampton game was his first 90 mins since his return, and even when he was playing well it was mentioned he wasn't 100% right since getting injured the back end of last season. What he really needs is time to get back up to speed, but we're at the wrong part of the season  to allow him this.

Thats why he's staying on for the full game today and last Friday to try to get him match fit, because a Maddison on form is a huge boost to the squad.

I saw one or two touches today, a ball played through to Vardy was a nice touch, showed some good vision, but I'll agree right now its far too infrequent and today he was generally very poor again.

I'm not sure what the best short term solution is but when Maddison is back to his best, we'll be glad he's a Leicester City player!