Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is the problem isn’t it though? Like Kel, who also never delivered, he likely needs a run in the team. However, I suspect he cannot be happy with is supporting role, he is better than that, so would not be surprised to see him move on.

...Nacho was being asked to play the lone strikers role!!!

Any long run in the team was never going to overcome that deficiency in playing that role. Having Vardy with him has been his salvation and we can see his talent shine through. 

We cannot at the sharp end of the season, attempt to indulge Maddison to get his form back, use him as a sub for the last thirty minutes as we were previously to bring him through. 

Perez for me now holds that position for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Nacho was being asked to play the lone strikers role!!!

Any long run in the team was never going to overcome that deficiency in playing that role. Having Vardy with him has been his salvation and we can see his talent shine through. 

We cannot at the sharp end of the season, attempt to indulge Maddison to get his form back, use him as a sub for the last thirty minutes as we were previously to bring him through. 

Perez for me now holds that position for the rest of the season. 

Blatant rubbish. Repeating myths that have absolutely no foundation. It was all about CONFIDENCE, and having a run. There was Kelechi before Vardy, and there’ll be Kelechi when another team gets him. Could probably be over 20 assists if players were scoring off the through balls he was handing them. Without doubt most lethal player in the team at the moment, and clearly the most creative.

If we had 2 Kelechi’s yesterday we don't lose that game.

Thought he'd turned into Under last night, just about everything he did was single minded with no positive outcome, so many moves ended with him, yes we love it when he scores a worldie but too many attempts at shots that were never on, not enough bread and butter stuff of moving the ball on and pulling their defence around with give and go's and movement, just head down, kid in a playground stuff, really frustrating. 

• Like 1

Can anybody pull up any stats comparing games where he's played to games where he hasn't? I'd be really interested in that, as rightly or wrongly I seem to remember our best performances and most attractive football being when he was out of the team, both at the start of the season when we played the Belgian trio and with his latest injury patch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worrying thing for me later on was when his head went down and he started walking. Not a good sign for someone who is seen (and sees himself) as a key player. I think the injury, then particularly the aftermath to the party and the resultant loss of any England potential now has hit him hard despite all of his interview bluster. He looks a shadow of his former self at the moment. 

• Like 1

There's something I've noticed he did last night a couple of times that highlights to me that he genuinely is a bit thick.

He goes over to stand over a wide free kick with youri. But he stands over it left footed. When he's ever taken a free kick with his left? It renders him totally pointless and removes any doubt from keeper or defence of what angle that ball is coming in at. 

Why not get close to the box for one of your soft side foot shots?! 

• Like 1

I've been saying that he has to play over Perez. But it's clear that currently he's way off the required level in terms of form and fitness. So it's time for him to be benched, especially as in this 352 formation he keeps dropping so deep that he gets in Youri's way. He should be right up behind the 2 strikers. At least Perez, for all his limitations, does that.

But let's not turn this thread into a witch hunt. He's still a top quality player in a 4231 and when fully fit.

7 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Yep I agree that Youri and Wilf have been poor for the last two games. We haven't won many games when they haven't performed....however would they really have been much better with Perez in the 10 position?....Or is it just due to the huge amount of games they have played....

In my view Tielemans and Ndidi would have benefitted by the inclusion of Praet. It would have taken pressure off them, added more energy and aggression, and enabled us to dominate the midfield.  I think it's noticeable that Ndidi's performance has dropped over the last few games and I can imagine that is because he is feeling the pressure of having to perform like a superhuman game after game.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Can anybody pull up any stats comparing games where he's played to games where he hasn't? I'd be really interested in that, as rightly or wrongly I seem to remember our best performances and most attractive football being when he was out of the team, both at the start of the season when we played the Belgian trio and with his latest injury patch. 

Your right the best performances came with praet, youri and papy. We had a nice run , looked very fluid and controlled . If evans injured stick ndidi at the back and go back to that. We have hardly been playing well for last couple months. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....probably he sees this, and is the main reason for him acting out and lack of form!!!

Hard to look across the way and watch players in your field, excelling at their clubs and you are playing catch up, especially when their are people surpassing you, who were never in the conversation in the first place.

Very true, but doesn't that show that he sees playing in our team as a vehicle to promote himself rather than him giving his best for the team?  We need all of our players to exhibit a real team ethic in order to counteract our comparatively small squad and resources.

Edited by deep blue

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Chilwell was rank at the same time last season and still left?

He wasn’t ‘in the limelight’ as such being a left back. Maddison is expected to do much more in that position but isn’t. 
Grealish is the only one who could make a big move this season 

Not defending him one bit he could’ve played better last night but the way Newcastle set up didn’t suit him. Still not fully fit. Hopefully get a good last 4 games from him. 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Worrying thing for me later on was when his head went down and he started walking. Not a good sign for someone who is seen (and sees himself) as a key player. I think the injury, then particularly the aftermath to the party and the resultant loss of any England potential now has hit him hard despite all of his interview bluster. He looks a shadow of his former self at the moment. 

The injury troubles are unfortunate as for the rest, he made his bed....

Its up to him to turn his performances round and only him.

• Like 2

Maddison is the new Chilwell? 

He is off form and has had injury problems, just before his latest setback he was being praised by many on here.  Rodgers has to try and get him back up and running, but we don't have the midweek cup game to do that, so he has to try and play him into fitness.   This for me highlights a lack of depth in the squad and it is why clubs with deeper pockets seem to be able to go on a run at the end of the season.

• Thanks 1