Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Who do people think is coming in for Maddison btw? I can't see an actual top club coming in for him, he isn't good enough. And the clubs we might be able to con into overpaying us for him don't need him.

Grealish is rightly ahead of him and a better player on current form, who will be top of everyones list. He's got a lot of work and a lot to prove if he wants to move to a club bigger than us. 

Shoved out on the left yet still got in to positions to influence the game.

If the sub was made due for tactical reasons, it'd be surprising for me, as I thought he was playing alright. He was on the far end to the pitch to where I was sitting but he looked disappointed or surprised to come off as well?

If it was due to his injury, then it wouldn't be so surprising. But having said that, maybe that's why he looked disappointed because he felt he was alright?

The only one I can think of is maybe Spurs go for him as he's mates with Alli etc and Kane can probably but in a good word (before he leaves) and they'll have the Kane money.

He'd get games there.

The odd thing with Maddison is he's always going on about how we wants to play for MUFC; and we know that's unlikely (but maybe?) and you can see he'd enjoy living in Manchester/London; but I seem to recall he likes being very close to Cov?

He might just get himself fit and sharp and his head on straight; watch the Euros on the TV wishing he was there; no one comes in for him and so he knuckles down. He was superb at times this season and we could get it back; but it will never be 40 games a season I fear.

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Theres better alternatives to Maddison around,

Mahrez for all his faults was a standout player.

Couldn't agree more. Mahrez is and was world class. He is one of the best in the world and apart from Messi there is no better dribbler of the ball imo. Sensational player! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If the sub was made due for tactical reasons, it'd be surprising for me, as I thought he was playing alright. He was on the far end to the pitch to where I was sitting but he looked disappointed or surprised to come off as well?

If it was due to his injury, then it wouldn't be so surprising. But having said that, maybe that's why he looked disappointed because he felt he was alright?

Had he just tried an ambitious ball or made a bad decision?

I'm sure BR has hooked him in the same way before; like its the last straw.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Not to my memory. We seemed to be finding Vardy quite well out to the left as Doherty was going up and it was dragging Sanchez out wide. For some reason, despite the openings it was giving us/could have given us, we totally stopped that and Vardy came over more centrally.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not to my memory. We seemed to be finding Vardy quite well out to the left as Doherty was going up and it was dragging Sanchez out wide. For some reason, despite the openings it was giving us/could have given us, we totally stopped that and Vardy came over more centrally.

We just lost the plot a bit in terms of patience, game plan and perhaps even belief when Kasper scored the OG. It was a hammerblow to what was obviously a tired/drained bunch of players.

Small margins eh? If Kasper doesn't score the OG there; I think we go on and comfortably see it out/win; but small moments like that change matches and seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

We just lost the plot a bit in terms of patience, game plan and perhaps even belief when Kasper scored the OG. It was a hammerblow to what was obviously a tired/drained bunch of players.

Small margins eh? If Kasper doesn't score the OG there; I think we go on and comfortably see it out/win; but small moments like that change matches and seasons.

I don't disagree!

We did look in control, for sure. I think Maddison was finding good areas of space as we were in control of the game. Having said that, losing Fofana probably also had a big effect. He's been Mr Reliable for us at the back even when others haven't really performed. I hope his injury isn't serious.

Genuinely think he's an incredible footballer. We are lucky to have him. Sod all his off field shite. He's played the majority of the season with an injury and still looked more likely to produce some magic than Perez who's floated around the pitch like a hangover fart. We gave up with Ghezzal so deal with it. #boohooMan4life

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I don't disagree!

We did look in control, for sure. I think Maddison was finding good areas of space as we were in control of the game. Having said that, losing Fofana probably also had a big effect. He's been Mr Reliable for us at the back even when others haven't really performed. I hope his injury isn't serious.

Yep; if Fofana stays on the pitch and Ndidi remains in midfield; I think we win the game.

If KS doesn't score the OG; we win the game.

If winks doesn't make that cynical pull back (Spurs don't need the points afterall) in that moment; maybe we score there.

Ifs and buts though! 

I think Maddison had a better game than of late; but there were times I felt he just wasn't on message with other players/possible gameplan... so trying the killer ball too early, ie players not making those runs or slowing it down when it did look like a break was on.

I was surprised to see him substituted though since it came just after we had seemingly found joy with some direct passes and triangular moves down through their left inside channel.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think he just wanted to tighten things up. Said at the time that it was similar to the Praet (bmouth ) substitute... going too defensive far too early 

Edited by Lambert09

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He came off right in front of me, didn't seem put out and clapped the fans.

I can't see a team above us wanting him, or any others in the sleazy six. If he wants first team football he stays and works harder.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

Madders is at the best club he could possibly be at considering his ability and fitness issues. 

The clubs that could pay him what he's reportedly on, wouldn't have him. 

I just hope he gets his fitness levels up and has a good run in the team next season. 

He's got the ability but really has to nuckle down for the sake of his career 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Genuinely think he's an incredible footballer. We are lucky to have him. Sod all his off field shite. He's played the majority of the season with an injury and still looked more likely to produce some magic than Perez who's floated around the pitch like a hangover fart. We gave up with Ghezzal so deal with it. #boohooMan4life

Have you not seen him the past few games? These have been HUGE games for the club

He’s been turd

There must be something going on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have you not seen him the past few games? These have been HUGE games for the club

He’s been turd

There must be something going on

He’s carrying an injury 

just like evans was for months before it became too much

question is - does he have another operation to try and sort it or hope that rest will do the trick ?

He's got ability and can be good for us next season.

He won't be picked for the Euros (fortunately) needs to spend his time recovering, resting and building up his strength.

Hopefully we won't see him clubbing it in Dubai or anywhere else.

Expect he'll have a bit more competition next season at Leicester though

Just now, TonyN11 said:

He's got ability and can be good for us next season.

He won't be picked for the Euros (fortunately) needs to spend his time recovering, resting and building up his strength.

Hopefully we won't see him clubbing it in Dubai or anywhere else.

Expect he'll have a bit more competition next season at Leicester though

You honestly think Maddison isn’t going to have a summer of clubbing? Don’t be ridiculous

He’s probably booked Ibiza already 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You honestly think Maddison isn’t going to have a summer of clubbing? Don’t be ridiculous

He’s probably booked Ibiza already 

He would be better to sort his game and fitness out.  He isn't anywhere near mount or grealish.... when will he realise that his chance is slipping away?

I'd rather he have the holiday and time off. Every single player in the world has time off to spend with family, holidays, time with friends etc. He's allowed that so if pictures do circulate or get publicised, let the lad have some fun with the holiday period the club give to everyone anyway.

It's when pre-season starts that he needs to show us he's ready. Fingers crossed he will be injury-free and totally rid of this hip problem.

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

didn't notice any of this at full time but then again was busy smashing the s out of my keyboard on FT

Heard that on the way back from the game. That fan is a tit. Talksport got the caller they wanted.

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

didn't notice any of this at full time but then again was busy smashing the s out of my keyboard on FT

Did think it was a bit odd when he was jovial with Son at the end.

Your team has just lost 2-4 and blown the Champions League.

But maybe it just modern footballers that are all chummy these days.