Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Maddison isn’t in the squad because he’s been absolutely shite for 75% of the season and made the headlines for the wrong reasons, not because he plays for Leicester city

Probably right.

Maddison behaves himself, up's his game then he has a chance.

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Probably right.

Maddison behaves himself, up's his game then he has a chance.

Talent wise he’s there. Got outrageous ability. Consistency is crap. That’s what will turn him into a top top player, will it ever come? I don’t think so

• Like 1

He definitely shouldn't have gone to euros imo. Grealish, Foden and Mount are more consistent players and deservedly ahead of players who could play in that position. It's a weird one with Madders as he started his Leicester career on fire and looked to be a certainty to be an England star, but the last season or so he's been awful and gone hiding in games apart from a handful of games. 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Having watched Drinkwater career trajectory since the 15/16 season, you’d argue that we were right not to take

him the to the 2016 Euros. 

The thing with international squads is it should be 'at the time' and at that time he and Vardy were flying high on confidence - essential to tournament football. 

Instead we took the spine of a spurs squad who had just capitulated at the end of the season and it told. 

Drinkwater was not England's long term midfield solution but he should have been there with Vardy to capitalise on the sky high confidence they had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Having watched Drinkwater career trajectory since the 15/16 season, you’d argue that we were right not to take

him the to the 2016 Euros. 

There’s literally no correlation between being left out a squad and his future career that follows 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps the club missed out on CL football because of your childish, selfish actions?

Or because as a collective we weren’t good enough when it mattered. 

Home loses to Fulham, Leeds, West Ham, Everton, Villa all before the Covid breach. 

• Like 4

On reflection we felt we had missed his input away at West Ham but his form post injur6 has been shocking and I doubt very much his presence would have driven a different outcome 

we were more hampered that day by jonny’s dodgy foot

Of course he and the others were guilty of affecting the togetherness of the dressing room 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

On reflection we felt we had missed his input away at West Ham but his form post injur6 has been shocking and I doubt very much his presence would have driven a different outcome 

we were more hampered that day by jonny’s dodgy foot

Of course he and the others were guilty of affecting the togetherness of the dressing room 

And Soyuncu having covid, Amartey was heinous that day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Latest Instagram post, seems like he’s happy at the club eh 🦊💙

DBF0C59C-AA1D-4A85-8E10-8D07606D010F.jpeg

Good.  He'll still get stick for whatever he says though, sadly.

People would've moaned had he said nothing.

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps the club missed out on CL football because of your childish, selfish actions?

Boring.

Plenty of other reasons why we missed out on CL. 

Crazily and funnily enough, it wasn't (just) because of Maddison. Not everything is someone's fault just because you don't like him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

He definitely shouldn't have gone to euros imo. Grealish, Foden and Mount are more consistent players and deservedly ahead of players who could play in that position. It's a weird one with Madders as he started his Leicester career on fire and looked to be a certainty to be an England star, but the last season or so he's been awful and gone hiding in games apart from a handful of games. 

Is that true? Literally just before his injury Madders had the best overall stats for his position (I bet he's still competitive if not overall better). Scored more goals than Grealish and Mount, waaaaaay more than Rice. Madderson's assists is really only beaten by Grealish who I don't think plays in the same position. Foden has scored more goals but plays for ManC. I don't agree at all he's been awful, there's a clear problem post-injury that probably looks worse because of other players being injured or not performing. He's definitely not been hiding, that's clear just watching the games. He makes himself available to receive the ball. He's just not been fast enough doing something with it once he's had it.

I don't get why people hate on Madderson tbh. Clearly a really good player and one of the best we've had in that position. Still can't take a corner for cr@p tho'.

• Like 1

He's obviously a talented player but he needs a rest, get his fitness up pre season, get his head right and concentrate on his job. 

If he does that, us and England, will have a serious talent on our hands. 

It's up to him really 💙

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Is that true? Literally just before his injury Madders had the best overall stats for his position (I bet he's still competitive if not overall better). Scored more goals than Grealish and Mount, waaaaaay more than Rice. Madderson's assists is really only beaten by Grealish who I don't think plays in the same position. Foden has scored more goals but plays for ManC. I don't agree at all he's been awful, there's a clear problem post-injury that probably looks worse because of other players being injured or not performing. He's definitely not been hiding, that's clear just watching the games. He makes himself available to receive the ball. He's just not been fast enough doing something with it once he's had it.

I don't get why people hate on Madderson tbh. Clearly a really good player and one of the best we've had in that position. Still can't take a corner for cr@p tho'.

His stats were good and he did have a purple patch earlier this season but those other three contribute more to games imo when they're not scoring or assisting. Maybe awful is a strong word that's probably not justified, but he's gone missing in games for too long over the last season or so and at times it does feel a little like the game drifts past him when he's playing like that. You're right that he still wants the ball which is good to see, but he doesn't do anything really productive with it consistently enough. When he was on fire he'd find space and turn on a sixpence and start an attack. I've not seen him do enough of that this season. 

His technical ability is unquestioned and he is a good player, but he doesn't show enough consistency imo to warrant an England place and he hasn't really stepped up in the big moments like Youri has for us. 

1 hour ago, LCFC BEAST said:

Or because as a collective we weren’t good enough when it mattered. 

Home loses to Fulham, Leeds, West Ham, Everton, Villa all before the Covid breach. 

That made the West Ham away game even more important then?!!!

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

What he did certainly didn't help though did it?

Clearly not. But over a 38 game season we were two points too poor for top 4. That’s not down to James Maddison I’ll say that much.

Maddison has a bit of a magic touch, when he's "on" he's excellent. However, he's quite weak physically, easily thrown off the ball.

I know he's a young man, but he seems too keen on the limelight.

He reminds me a bit of Paul Gallacher, where one week he'd score an unbelievable goal - next, he'd be missing for 90 mins.

If Madders could bulk up, and be more disciplined, he'd be a real contender.

5 hours ago, flanimal said:

Maddison has a bit of a magic touch, when he's "on" he's excellent. However, he's quite weak physically, easily thrown off the ball.

I know he's a young man, but he seems too keen on the limelight.

He reminds me a bit of Paul Gallacher, where one week he'd score an unbelievable goal - next, he'd be missing for 90 mins.

If Madders could bulk up, and be more disciplined, he'd be a real contender.

Agree. The moments of magic (when fit) are too far apart... and not game changing.

Look ar how manure bulk up their players... maddison needs to work hard in the gym. 

Frankly I think he needs a mentor to have him focus on football and not all the fluff.  Mo onecwill remember him as a boohoo influencer  (even boohoo)