Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Whilst the boohoo choice is poor under the recent news you lot would be saying the same if he was endorsing anything. 

There’s some seriously vile bitter twats in this thread who need to have a look in the mirror and assess what’s wrong with their lives that they personally hate someone this much. 

Football is a career with a limited career length and can be over for a player with a single injury. Why wouldn’t you use your image to make some extra money while you can. 

Nailed it

38 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Anybody actually know why he's been utterly useless since he came back from that spell out??

When we needed him to turn up for us to push us into the top 4, he failed, he rode the coat tails of the 1st 11 for the Cup Final win, then spent 20 mins not giving us anything going forward or even holding the ball and then covering going back.

He seriously needs to put an elongated shift in for 30-50 games of a really decent level, to get the fans back onside AND make a real difference in some big and important games and keep his head down of the pitch as many dedicated pro's do.

The rumours were flying around about his fall out with BR and that his agent was touting him all over the place. Most people believe that to be bolox cus he was so excited when we won ... especially in the cup ..  but to me these two things aren't mutually exclusive ...   of course he's over the moon to win the FA cup but it doesn't mean he is not moving on.   And ..  I'm sure that BR would just say  'OK we don't see eye to eye but just do your best son and wish him all the best for the future.    However ...  if a deal (in principle) has been already struck then maybe,  just maybe, he wouldn't be putting in toooo much effort ...   just saying ...   :whistle:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Football is a career with a limited career length and can be over for a player with a single injury. Why wouldn’t you use your image to make some extra money while you can. 

He’s on £80,000+ a week. He doesn’t need extra money. Especially not from a company that exploits people in the city he’s so handsomely paid in. He’s a ****. 

• Like 2

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

He’s on £80,000+ a week. He doesn’t need extra money. Especially not from a company that exploits people in the city he’s so handsomely paid in. He’s a ****. 

There’s 60 odd pages of weird hatred towards this lad before his agent agreed a marketing deal with Boohoo. 

You seem very excited there’s a new reason to hate him. Are you okay?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

There’s 60 odd pages of weird hatred towards this lad before his agent agreed a marketing deal with Boohoo. 

You seem very excited there’s a new reason to hate him. Are you okay?

He got made to look silly and has been out for him and @StriderHiryu ever since. 

I quite like him to be honest ...   he's young and is just enjoying his life ...   and why not.    He is also talented and I hope he stays ...  with JJ and Harvey back plus a few new signings we could do even better next season.   

(But if he is off somewhere else ...    he can do one !!!   :))

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Footballers are often encouraged (or should be) to have other interests just incase shit hits the fan. Careers are short and yes they do earn a huge whack but at the same time it could change so quickly. Others go in to property management, coaching, tattoos (Wes Morgan!), basically something outside of football. If Maddison chooses fashion as his outlet away from football, so be it. If he's happy doing it then fine. Of course we'd love to see him perform better on the pitch but I've got a sneaky feeling him doing this fashion stuff isn't the sole reason he's not doing well on the pitch. At least not as much as some people like to make out anyway. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Please enlighten me? 

Listen, I’m not one of these twats that expects him to devote his every breath to the club and to the fans. I just expect him, in his huge position of power, to act responsibly and respectfully. I know he’s not a bad lad but it leaves a pretty sour taste him sorting his boohoo collection as his form is utterly atrocious. First and foremost he’s a footballer, that’s what he gets paid a shit tonne of money to do.

Although his job is to train and play 90 mins a footballers responsibility goes way beyond that, I’m not saying he can’t have a life outside football but this is pretty ridiculous, especially given his form and ‘partying’ antics. Fans will take an interest in players lives and what they post on social media. That’s football. It’s not really that odd. I assume you watched clips of the players celebrating the FA cup win on social media, or enjoyed the videos from Vardy house after we won the league? 

35 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Whilst the boohoo choice is poor under the recent news you lot would be saying the same if he was endorsing anything. 

There’s some seriously vile bitter twats in this thread who need to have a look in the mirror and assess what’s wrong with their lives that they personally hate someone this much. 

Agree. People will use anything like this to strengthen their vendetta. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Literally EVERY professional footballer has a brand deal of some kind ffs

Yes he may have got it wrong with the company but stop acting like he is the only footballer that does these kinds of deals to make more money.

He also isn't the first Leicester player to make mistakes with brand deals, and certainly wont be the last.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yes and no.

Flair ...   what do you mean Yes and No ?? ...

Well Rick ...  I think that Lingard would be brilliant for us and fit in perfectly ...   and I really rate James too ...   but I'm not so keen on swapping him for an elderly Dutch policeman  (even though he did solve every case) ...   so a no on that one I'm afraid.   

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Listen, I’m not one of these twats that expects him to devote his every breath to the club and to the fans. I just expect him, in his huge position of power, to act responsibly and respectfully. I know he’s not a bad lad but it leaves a pretty sour taste him sorting his boohoo collection as his form is utterly atrocious. First and foremost he’s a footballer, that’s what he gets paid a shit tonne of money to do.

Although his job is to train and play 90 mins a footballers responsibility goes way beyond that, I’m not saying he can’t have a life outside football but this is pretty ridiculous, especially given his form and ‘partying’ antics. Fans will take an interest in players lives and what they post on social media. That’s football. It’s not really that odd. I assume you watched clips of the players celebrating the FA cup win on social media, or enjoyed the videos from Vardy house after we won the league? 

So you're saying he can have a life outside of football but not a deal with a fashion outlet? And he can only do such a thing if he's in good form? 

I get the partying thing was shit. He seems to be getting shat on far more than any other player though? 

Fans will take an interest in social media, of course. Which begs the question why anyone has an issue with him promoting his connection with the brand on social media? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

So you're saying he can have a life outside of football but not a deal with a fashion outlet? And he can only do such a thing if he's in good form? 

I get the partying thing was shit. He seems to be getting shat on far more than any other player though? 

Fans will take an interest in social media, of course. Which begs the question why anyone has an issue with him promoting his connection with the brand on social media? 

Because it fits their agenda that little bit more because of who it’s with and what has happened. Literally only @Father Tedhas stated a valid reason for his dislike of Maddison (Derby shirt wearing and Coventry championing) everyone else seems to have used it to add to their already formed disdain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I’m saying that he can do what he likes within reason but he’s a role model and has a responsibility to the club and the city. Why on earth is he dealing with a morally corrupt company that damages the city? Been plenty in the news about Boohoo and what they get up to. 
Second point- no issue with fashion outlets, but when his football is clearly suffering then the first port of call is why? Is he distracted? Injured? Lack of aptitude? Could be a mix of all 3. Guess we’ll never truly know, but seeing as he’s been working on this whilst his forms been shit then people will rightly or wrong link the two together. If he was playing well then fairs crack on but he’s been shite so should’ve been more focused on his main job, which is playing for us.

Im extremely fair with our players and very quick to defend them as I feel our fans love behaving weirdly towards them but I do feel like he’s messed up. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest, he probably barely knows about what's involved with any endorsement deals. It'll only be top line stuff.

Like most young footballers, he'll have a whole team of people behind the scenes arranging any commercial tie-ins on his behalf and exploiting his position for their own gain.

I guarantee he'll have been told how much money it's worth, shown up to a photoshoot for half an hour, and wouldn't have thought much more of it bar the odd approval of his image. 

As others have said, I have no problem with footballers flogging stuff, but his people should've done their research given BooHoo's reputation in the city.

• Like 4

The lad was a dick with that party for sure, but I’m not quite getting the angst here. He signed a marketing deal, so what?  Most successful players do. We would in their shoes. Yeah timing could have been a bit better and the name of the company is irritating considering, but this is a guy who took a little girls unicorn bag into the ground, I’m not sure he’s great at self reflection. 

Great player on his day, decent not on his day, occasionally a passenger. We’re better with him than without. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2