Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Was in my usual seat close to the technical area. When Maddison was substituted I detected a bit of friction between him and Brendan. I'd had a bottle of Gavi so I'll blame that if wrong.

Edited by l444ry

Said it this exact same time last year. This lad needs a big Europa League campaign. Nowhere near one of the players that should be looking into CL clubs yet and if he is we deserve a big fee and the next Chilwell, Maguire etc 

Just now, l444ry said:

Was in my usual seat close to the tecnical area. When Maddison was substituted I detected a bit of friction between him and Brendan. I'd had a bottle of Gavi so I'll blame that if wrong.

Wouldn't be surprised. There seemed to be last match too.

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Was in my usual seat close to the tecnical area. When Maddison was substituted I detected a bit of friction between him and Brendan. I'd had a bottle of Gavi so I'll blame that if wrong.

I was nearby, it was sexual friction for sure.

As good as he has been for us I think we've possibly outgrown him.

He slows us down at times by taking too many touches.

I don't believe his head is in the right place either. He's carrying too many distractions.

He needs to grow up a little and dedicate himself to Football for the next 10 years.

Otherwise he could lose out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shailen said:

Thought it was wrong for him to be subbed when we did. He was starting to control the game and dictate the tempo. We lost that when he went off. 

100% agree. I thought he was looking very tidy before he came off. He looked like the only player who could make the ball stick for us in advanced positions.

• Like 1

They key with Maddison is mentality and fitness; and combined the confidence and momentum he gets as a result of both those things being right.

I've said it a few times; but there is an injury/weakness there which is chronic and we've even seen opposition players target it (knees in back/hip)

He needs a good pre-season and hit the ground running and a bit of the BR love.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

Not looked like scoring or creating since his injury but even when he’s as out of form as he is at the moment he is capable of retaining possession, winding down the clock, winning free kicks etc.

Much better in a winning team than a team needing a goal atm. And we took him off as soon as we went in front.

Looked better today.

Still wouldn't be sad to see him or Perez go in the summer though - obviously that gives us the headache of replacements but both of them are passengers far too often, we could and should be demanding better both on and off the field.

20 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

100% agree. I thought he was looking very tidy before he came off. He looked like the only player who could make the ball stick for us in advanced positions.

Thought it was a strange change at the time and being at the ground Madders didn't lose best pleased to say the least. Got that one wrong imo. Also think Amartey may have been a better fit for Fofana with N'didi in front as protection. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I also agree he was playing his best football for weeks, why bring a fullback on and lose the centre of the park? Also why not play Amarty at centre half and leave Ndidi in his best position? I think Rodgers got it wrong today

• Like 3

Genuinely wonder whether Maddison’s injury is the type to ruin a career? 
Hips are not your usual football injury... strains, sprains, tears etc. And how Maddison plays (quick twists to spin past players) must be a nightmare for a hip injury

I hope I’m wrong but I wonder whether he‘ll ever emerge as the same player.

‘He’s been turgid since his return. A very different player

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Who do people think is coming in for Maddison btw? I can't see an actual top club coming in for him, he isn't good enough. And the clubs we might be able to con into overpaying us for him don't need him.

No one; in my opinion.

Just think we'd be open to offers.

I also have massive doubts he'd pass a medical

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Who do people think is coming in for Maddison btw? I can't see an actual top club coming in for him, he isn't good enough. And the clubs we might be able to con into overpaying us for him don't need him.

I agree and I think he is punching playing for us. It is in our hands this one if we ever want sell. No clubs are going to be coming to us to sign him anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be surprised if he is here next season. I predict a bit of a Mahrez situation brewing. 

I doubt it

Maddison is not in the same league as Mahrez in terms of a sought after, quality footballer

Plus, he’s clearly not right with this injury

• Like 1