Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

The lad was a dick with that party for sure, but I’m not quite getting the angst here. He signed a marketing deal, so what?  Most successful players do. We would in their shoes. Yeah timing could have been a bit better and the name of the company is irritating considering, but this is a guy who took a little girls unicorn bag into the ground, I’m not sure he’s great at self reflection. 

Great player on his day, decent not on his day, occasionally a passenger. We’re better with him than without. 

lollol

Hahaha ffs! That's twice in 2 weeks i've spat my coffee out reading this forum

• Haha 1

I am not too concerned about what marketing deals he has- it is up to him and football is a short career.

I am more worried about his game in general and I hope it is simply lack of fitness that will improve. I haven't seen the pressing, forward thinking incisive game that we know he can deliver and I wonder if he still doesn't trust his body to try those 50/50 moves and challenges.  I cannot see  what can be gained by being too critical of him or Perez at the moment- the whole team must be exhausted with the small squad and injuries.

Keep it positive as I think Villa will get a result against Chelsea - the big question is whether we can beat Spurs because we need to finish on a high whether we get Champions League or not - I think it will have a big impact on recruitment/retention etc.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Give the lad a break.

:appl: Ditto.   I wish people would just get off his back.  We have a massive game on Sunday and we need him to turn-up.

• Like 2

Four three days in 2015 his MOT was out of date. And his MUM had to remind him. And even offered to PAY for it. What a bastard!! The litany of MORALLY BANKRUPT behaviour continues!! Last Thursday he even had the said COVENTRY wasn’t a shithole!! And that’s not the ONLY expensive backpack he owns. He even DEFIES lcfc’s CLUB CAPTAIN by wearing it anyway!

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Because it fits their agenda that little bit more because of who it’s with and what has happened. Literally only @Father Tedhas stated a valid reason for his dislike of Maddison (Derby shirt wearing and Coventry championing) everyone else seems to have used it to add to their already formed disdain. 

To be fair, even the Coventry thing I can just about tolerate given he was born there and started his career there. 

The Derby stuff was weird, mind. 

Let's also not forget his affinity he had with Sophie who sadly died in 2019. Her family even entered how much like family he became for her and then. 

So it's not like he's a complete twat (or at all IMO).

And others have said, this Boohoo management arrangement thing is probably way over his head anyway. Just another stick to needlessly beat him with and another convenient excuse for them to use for his poor form, even though there's no discernible link anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Four three days in 2015 his MOT was out of date. And his MUM had to remind him. And even offered to PAY for it. What a bastard!! The litany of MORALLY BANKRUPT behaviour continues!! Last Thursday he even had the said COVENTRY wasn’t a shithole!! And that’s not the ONLY expensive backpack he owns. He even DEFIES lcfc’s CLUB CAPTAIN by wearing it anyway!

Yes. Morally bankrupt. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/sophie-taylor-james-maddison-shirt-2655681

Ffs. 

• Like 1

People jumping on Madders need to take a chill pill. He didn’t just rock up with this endorsement last night. These things take time. There is a very good chance the contract was signed a year to 18 months ago. If it was the latter, Boohoo was not all over the news in terms of its reputation as it was in May last year. 

He’s a young guy, not bad looking, who has interest outside of his day job as a LCFC footballer. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy and in fact, players getting deals like this bodes well for us as a club, commercially. 

55 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Let's be honest, he probably barely knows about what's involved with any endorsement deals. It'll only be top line stuff.

Like most young footballers, he'll have a whole team of people behind the scenes arranging any commercial tie-ins on his behalf and exploiting his position for their own gain.

I guarantee he'll have been told how much money it's worth, shown up to a photoshoot for half an hour, and wouldn't have thought much more of it bar the odd approval of his image. 

As others have said, I have no problem with footballers flogging stuff, but his people should've done their research given BooHoo's reputation in the city.

...says it all....nothing more to be said!!!

• Like 1

Leave it alone folks. Don't care what modern footballers do with their time and money as long as their priorities are straight with the club. Saying that he needs to buck up his ideas quick time. Massive chance this Sunday regardless of what happens in the other games our boys need to be 110% focused on beating spuds convincingly. If madders plays he's gotta put in a performance like he means it. We have not seen it recently but if he likes to be praised then here's his chance. Atleast try there is no guarantees but play like he wants it. That's all I'll say on him. 

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That was the old James Maddison. That was before the expensive transparent backpack. And the descent into Hades (with a quick stop at boohoo for some sandwiches and a loo break).

It amuses me, in a sad sort of way, that the forum decides on a scapegoat to exercise frustration. Shinji, Schlupp, Chilwell, Maddison are a few I can mention.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hugo Boss designed the Nazi's uniforms. Shall we start jumping all over Boss and move on from Madders now?

They have also recently been called out on using slave labour in China

Guess we should all jump in the Schmeichel thread because he has a brand deal with them?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hugo Boss designed the Nazi's uniforms. Shall we start jumping all over Boss and move on from Madders now?

Wow !! ...   I never knew that  ...   I'm never going to buy his stuff ever again ..  and whoever he's playing for now I hope they sell him !!

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Listen, I’m not one of these twats that expects him to devote his every breath to the club and to the fans. I just expect him, in his huge position of power, to act responsibly and respectfully. I know he’s not a bad lad but it leaves a pretty sour taste him sorting his boohoo collection as his form is utterly atrocious. First and foremost he’s a footballer, that’s what he gets paid a shit tonne of money to do.

Although his job is to train and play 90 mins a footballers responsibility goes way beyond that, I’m not saying he can’t have a life outside football but this is pretty ridiculous, especially given his form and ‘partying’ antics. Fans will take an interest in players lives and what they post on social media. That’s football. It’s not really that odd. I assume you watched clips of the players celebrating the FA cup win on social media, or enjoyed the videos from Vardy house after we won the league? 

ok, but that doesn't explain why what i said about me not understanding how people how time in their lives to be bothered about this, is a stupid comment!?

as fair as i'm concerned what his does away from the pitch is his business. he hasn't broken the law. maybe a factory that boohoo may or may not use might have. to bring all that back to JM seems a bit much for me. and i stand by my comment, who as time or energy to get bent out of shape about this sort of stuff. family, friends, jobs, hobbies, all rank way higher.

and what has me watching the players celebrate on youtube or twitter got to do with anything? unless you are trying to play the holier than thou real fan angle and someway suggest i'm some kind of plastic for not caring.

58 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

That was the old James Maddison. That was before the expensive transparent backpack. And the descent into Hades (with a quick stop at boohoo for some sandwiches and a loo break).

It amuses me, in a sad sort of way, that the forum decides on a scapegoat to exercise frustration. Shinji, Schlupp, Chilwell, Maddison are a few I can mention.

Eh? You're the one that brought up things suggesting he is morally bankrupt? 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would anyone do a straight swap Maddison for Lingard, Telles and Dan James? Or Maddison for Van Der Beek?

Given people react badly to things like this, I don't imagine JLingz will be popular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Best uniforms of the war by far. Least they looked good having their asses handed to them, eventually. 

• Haha 1