Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Maddison was flying before he got injured. He obviously hasn't recovered. Also not having Barnes as an out ball doesn't help him much as 352/532 makes it more difficult for him to find space.

As for players being "pally" after the game, I`d rather they were like that. Work hard on the pitch, mates away from it. Yes you can be disappointed but no need for this fake s*** that its life or death.

• Like 1

Beauty with forums is everyone has an opinion and they can change. IMVVHO he has now dropped down well below Mount and Grealish due to injuries they have pushed on and he has fallen back, maybe he has reached his ceiling and maybe he believes all the hype that follows him personally i think he has struggled all season with fitness playing when he was not 100% or whatever the level is we feel able to risk him in playing. A season like no other playing far too many games with short rest periods with our squad size and short periods between games it caught up with us and just think he is struggling. A fully fit Maddison gets into the team and raises our performances, he is not going to get a big money move based on last season if he does want out and who would be in for him. Best thing for all concerned surely is for him to get the summer off to get fit and go for it next season, he has fallen behind this season and has let himself and the team and fans down, he will know that and the ball is in his court but far too much anger being aimed at some of the squad and management on here

• Like 2

For me Madders has been incredibly frustrating. I know he has suffered with fitness but his lack of effort and off field antics have not been acceptable. I hope he can spend his time now having a break but working on his attitude and fitness. I really want him to succeed but he has the chance of being his own worse enemy. 

• Like 3

Is he trying to morph into grealish or something? 

He's a young lad with alot of money and hes just a bit of a nob at the minute as were many of us I should  imagine at this age. 

Hope he can knuckle down and keep himself focused on football as there is a game changer player in there somewhere.

Edited by blueharmie

Guest bennytwohats

On his day he absolutely elevates us and improves us. At his best he can drag us through games and win them on his own. Any Leicester fan would be mad to want to see that player gone.

The issue is that we only get that player for around 10 games per season and the rest of the time he seems to be a passenger. 

I got a lot of stick at the time for saying he is arrogant, but I think that’s half his problem. Him coming out and saying that he’s good enough to play for England and things like that suggests to me he’s lacking that self awareness and humility to see where he needs to improve. I hope he does because he could be one hell of a player if he’s able to turn the occasional great performance into consistency. Just feel he’s got quite a bit of maturing he needs to do beforehand, and nipping the off field antics in the bud would be a good starting point.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

He's struggled with injuries all season, but like Vardy been willing to play, lots of players wouldn't play without being a 100% 

Injury-free preseason and he will be back to his best and a vital part of the side.

So long as he isn't a viral part of the side. That party, get together, whatever it was, was such a blatant act of stupidity. Being young is/was absolutely no excuse, especially after he'd seen the likes of Kyle Walker and others making complete tits of themselves and having to apologise. He was punished, kind of, but he lost a lot of credit and a bit of people's patience after that.

He has struggled with injury and certainly deserves the chance to make up for his indiscretion, but he really has to knuckle down now. He has to perform on a much more consistent basis next season or his star will seriously start to wane. A fit, focused, more mature Maddison would be a great player to have.

On 24/05/2021 at 07:30, Hales said:

For me Madders has been incredibly frustrating. I know he has suffered with fitness but his lack of effort and off field antics have not been acceptable. I hope he can spend his time now having a break but working on his attitude and fitness. I really want him to succeed but he has the chance of being his own worse enemy. 

This is it for me in a nutshell.

I know they are wildly better players but you don't read too much about Cristiano Ronaldo, Leo Messi or Zlatan Ibrahimovic going to Covid parties (I am fully anticipating someone showing me up here lol) or being having such poor form that they are benched. And the reason for that is they are ultra dedicated to their craft. They look after their bodies, they train hard (and do extra after sessions). It's no good just having an abudance of talent, and it needs coupling with application and attitude.

For me, Maddison could be England's number 10 going forwards. It's a case of how much does he want it?

• Like 1

I’d be happy to sell Maddison for the right money.

I fear for him re his injury and have an (unfounded tbf) sneaky suspicion it could be one of those niggling long term injuries.

I also think he’s a bit of a ‘luxury’ player who can turn up and be exceptional but who can also go missing too often (again tbf this could be more about his injury than anything else)

Finally, I think HE thinks he’s destined for bigger things and (unlike Tielemans) possibly doesn’t give it his all for Leicester

We aren’t a club built around ‘star’ players. We have a strong team spirit and work ethic which I’ve never been truly convinced Maddison fully buys into?

If he goes I wouldn’t be too bothered, again unlike Tielemans when I’d be VERY bothered 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2021 at 08:30, Hales said:

I like his off-field antics....He is a youngman enjoying life...makes mistakes..So what..!!

His attitude, is far better, then some Dongos on this forum...

Where was this Lack of effort, you go on about...:dunno:

Hes been struggling these last 14 months,awkward  injury that wont go-away, finding it difficult to recover,

put himself most likely under pressure by situation to return....

These high & Mighty thoughts, what others should be doing....Doesnt sit at all with me....

Taking a cheap swipe...why..??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't particularly want to see him gone but if we have to lose one 'star' player this window, I'd be least bothered if it was him.

He's brilliant on his day but his day doesn't come around often enough. He's a passenger in too many games for my liking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d be happy to sell Maddison for the right money.

I fear for him re his injury and have an (unfounded tbf) sneaky suspicion it could be one of those niggling long term injuries.

I also think he’s a bit of a ‘luxury’ player who can turn up and be exceptional but who can also go missing too often (again tbf this could be more about his injury than anything else)

Finally, I think HE thinks he’s destined for bigger things and (unlike Tielemans) possibly doesn’t give it his all for Leicester

We aren’t a club built around ‘star’ players. We have a strong team spirit and work ethic which I’ve never been truly convinced Maddison fully buys into?

If he goes I wouldn’t be too bothered, again unlike Tielemans when I’d be VERY bothered 

I think Leicester are in a strange position when it comes to out going transfers. We have a few players at the 40- 70 mil price range. Consequently, the number of potential buyers is pretty small.  In the current financial climate, I’m not sure any of these clubs would take the risk. This is particularly true in regards to Maddison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

On his day he absolutely elevates us and improves us. At his best he can drag us through games and win them on his own. Any Leicester fan would be mad to want to see that player gone.

The issue is that we only get that player for around 10 games per season and the rest of the time he seems to be a passenger. 

I got a lot of stick at the time for saying he is arrogant, but I think that’s half his problem. Him coming out and saying that he’s good enough to play for England and things like that suggests to me he’s lacking that self awareness and humility to see where he needs to improve. I hope he does because he could be one hell of a player if he’s able to turn the occasional great performance into consistency. Just feel he’s got quite a bit of maturing he needs to do beforehand, and nipping the off field antics in the bud would be a good starting point.

....part of his problem is that he is not being mentored by John Terry (or someone of that ilk)!!!

I am not sure if having Gerry Taggert with is hands around his throat, pressed up against a wall would constitute mentoring, but you get the picture. His support system would come from his immediate family and they would have his best interest at heart, but sometimes you need someone out of that support system to tell him what he needs to hear as opposed to what he wants to hear.

I have no problems with him enjoying his life, he is a young player with money and a zest for life and should be free to express himself in a manner he feels that makes him comfortable and at peace with himself.

There however is a career that runs alongside all this and requires his focus and an approach which allows him to become the player he believes at this moment that he is. Once again this comes down to mentality and more so his lack of maturity, it is said that you don't know what you don't know, and until someone sits him down and impart some of their experience of which he can relate to, then he will never know what he needs to know.

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I like his off-field antics....He is a youngman enjoying life...makes mistakes..So what..!!

His attitude, is far better, then some Dongos on this forum...

Where was this Lack of effort, you go on about...:dunno:

Hes been struggling these last 14 months,awkward  injury that wont go-away, finding it difficult to recover,

put himself most likely under pressure by situation to return....

These high & Mighty thoughts, what others should be doing....Doesnt sit at all with me....

Taking a cheap swipe...why..??

So you like the fact he was at a party with others  and had to be reprimanded  meaning he missed the West Ham game along with the others which at the time was a massive match  and we lost the game . A game he and the others could  have been part of and effected the result and possibly not dropping 3 points . With the fine points margin at the end those  3 points could have got us Champions League .  

• Thanks 1

Hard to not make the comparison between him and Grealish - Grealish has clearly come on strides ahead of Maddison over the past 2 years.

He did have a fantastic spell of scoring, aside from that, he really hasn't been the player we thought we had. This season should have been the one to come of age and to try and get into the England team.

Once he gets back to full fitness, next season should be a vital one to see which his career is going to go.

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be gobsmacked, and in all honesty he doesn't deserve it.

I think he would have been there but his performances pre and post injury have been night and day.

I think it's good news that he's not been picked. Will have all summer to go out and get ratted each night in some holiday resort rest up and get his head down for the World Cup.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he would have been there but his performances pre and post injury have been night and day.

I think it's good news that he's not been picked. Will have all summer to go out and get ratted each night in some holiday resort rest up and get his head down for the World Cup.

Yeah I mean he's clearly not fit but that's kind of becoming a theme with him worryingly. 

Would agree that it's good for us that he's not involved, I was gunna say hopefully this is a wake up call for him but he seems to have had a few of those recently.