Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I like his off-field antics....He is a youngman enjoying life...makes mistakes..So what..!!

His attitude, is far better, then some Dongos on this forum...

Where was this Lack of effort, you go on about...:dunno:

Hes been struggling these last 14 months,awkward  injury that wont go-away, finding it difficult to recover,

put himself most likely under pressure by situation to return....

These high & Mighty thoughts, what others should be doing....Doesnt sit at all with me....

Taking a cheap swipe...why..??

I'm not really sure why you think I am high and mighty or taking a cheap swipe? I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. In actual fact you are taking a cheap swipe at me when you nothing about me. Ironic really. 

Anyway back to Madders, I actually really like him and want to achieve his best. I am not against him but he doesn't help himself sometimes. He has fallen behind other players. He wants to reach his peak and play for England. He therefore needs to put the effort in. I'm not overly fussed normally about his off field antics, yes let him enjoy his fame and money but the party was unacceptable and affected the team. That isn't a mistake, that's ignorance and maybe arrogance.

I want him to achieve the best he can be but he can be his own worse enemy and I stand by that!

Edited by Hales

Was loving him after the Newcastle win away and Brighton at home....had a purple patch between 13th Dec and 19 Jan but has been dogshit since his injury. We all know there's a baller in there somewhere but he needs to knuckle down...work harder than ever and not think he's already made it because he has a long way to go

• Like 2

Maddison is one of those players whose obstacle to greatness is himself and his own drive and mindset. He could be one of the best creative midfielders in the league, but appears to lack the focus and drive to achieve his potential. 

There is a truly remarkable player in there, but it’s up to him to let that out. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Maddison is one of those players whose obstacle to greatness is himself and his own drive and mindset. He could be one of the best creative midfielders in the league, but appears to lack the focus and drive to achieve his potential. 

There is a truly remarkable player in there, but it’s up to him to let that out. 

Ben Marshall 2.0 then. 

I think not being included in the England squad is what Maddison needs for the longer-term. After his antics breaking lockdown, he needs to knuckle down on his game and work on his fitness. He has all the ability, he's just prone to silly distractions. You wonder also whether he's got the right advisers around him.

There is a responsible, mature and determined player there, and he showed the best of himself on and off the pitch for lengthy time periods this season - his performances against Brighton, Chelsea and Southampton were outstanding, and his media interviews combined with the responsible celebration was first class. And he won't have a better manager than Rodgers to get the best out of him. 

He's about to become a father as well, so hopefully all of this will ground him and put his focus in the right place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think not being included in the England squad is what Maddison needs for the longer-term. After his antics breaking lockdown, he needs to knuckle down on his game and work on his fitness. He has all the ability, he's just prone to silly distractions. You wonder also whether he's got the right advisers around him.

There is a responsible, mature and determined player there, and he showed the best of himself on and off the pitch for lengthy time periods this season - his performances against Brighton, Chelsea and Southampton were outstanding, and his media interviews combined with the responsible celebration was first class. And he won't have a better manager than Rodgers to get the best out of him. 

He's about to become a father as well, so hopefully all of this will ground him and put his focus in the right place. 

Do him the world of good not getting called up. Time for him to get fit and crack on at the minute he can’t be trusted at Leicester never mind for England. 

Works out better for us, give him a rest and a kick up the arse. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Just picking at excuses rather than saying he hasn't been consistent enough

SG at he best, just be honest and say he hasn't played well enough.

Maddison was excellent in patches over the Winter but his stock has declined compared to the last 2 seasons.

When he's on form he is as good as Grealish but when off form he's looking like another Alli.

Next season is vital for him. Tielemans is the star man now. He's got a good bit to prove next season.

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

So you like the fact he was at a party with others  and had to be reprimanded  meaning he missed the West Ham game along with the others which at the time was a massive match  and we lost the game . A game he and the others could  have been part of and effected the result and possibly not dropping 3 points . With the fine points margin at the end those  3 points could have got us Champions League .  

Must admit didn t like it, i was even angry with him I would have reprimanded him,

most likely telling him he is One of the better paid, and that comes also with certain responsibilities.

I  understand also there were words within the squad..

but like the Club we are, I wouldn t hang,quarter & draw him....He with others Made a right balls-up,

and he would have felt the Wrath of the squad & Management...!!

Other experienced players also Made errors of judgement...

I am Not a Person who cant Let Things go, and I see no point in harking on about  Slips of discipline....a

The other Noise around him, Couldnt give a damn really...!!!

Even the most ardent Leicester surely doesn't think Maddison would have deserved a spot in the England team right now?

I think the hate directed at Maddison right now is ridiculous and unnecessary (case in point, the absolute reprobate calling him a shitbag four posts above this one) but he's well out of both form and fitness.

• Haha 1

Think Southgate's comments about set pieces was implying that could be preservation due to his injury.

Whilst that could be true, it says a lot about the quality of Madders set piece delivery that no-one else has thought of it of anything but a demotion based on ability.

You would hope this might give him a wake up call, but I won't hold my breath. Completely right that he's not even in the conversation and no less than he deserves.

The point raised above about him and Tielemans being the same age (in fact Maddison is 6 months older :nigel:) is an excellent one and really brings things into a soberingly sharp focus as far as he is concerned.

Edited by ealingfox

Gorra laugh at people losing their shit Maddison hasn’t been picked.

I did think Southgate had an agenda against Maddison but what we’ve seen in the last 6 months perhaps Southgate was right all along an I owe him an apology.

Maddison’s far too inconsistent, he has potential, he has flashes of brilliance but poor more often than not, a passenger who needs to be carried by his teammates, on top of this he has a lot of growing up to do, even more so with a little one on the way.

He quite rightly way down the pecking order and shouldn’t even be mention in the same breath as those in his position.

There’s gotta be some injury crisis in that position for England for him to even be considered.

Hopefully with a kid on the way and this snub it’s the kick up the backside he needs, unfortunately his ego seems to be taking a turn for the worse more than even at the moment.

Time to grow up and knuckle down James.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hales said:

I'm not really sure why you think I am high and mighty or taking a cheap swipe? I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. In actual fact you are taking a cheap swipe at me when you nothing about me. Ironic really. 

Anyway back to Madders, I actually really like him and want to achieve his best. I am not against him but he doesn't help himself sometimes. He has fallen behind other players. He wants to reach his peak and play for England. He therefore needs to put the effort in. I'm not overly fussed normally about his off field antics, yes let him enjoy his fame and money but the party was unacceptable and affected the team. That isn't a mistake, that's ignorance and maybe arrogance.

I want him to achieve the best he can be but he can be his own worse enemy and I stand by that!

Anybody who opens up on a forum, over others character,  including me, make themselves Open to Contra reactions...

I would Jump in the same  trench with you to defend your right...to your thoughts, but this is a football forum that is Set up

for harsh rebukes, like fans in the Pub or around the corner  table...und

I like you with Maddison, dont have to know each other, but do be prepared to be opposed ...& Read the contra, at course levels, when

Posting on a Football forum....it aint a tupper-ware/WI. forum....:cheers:

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Peak Grealish is still better than peak Maddison anyway. He is stronger and more ruthless. I don't like the bloke but he is the epitome of a modern player who will use every trick in the book to get the job done.

Some on here maybe won't agree, but I'd put Grealish a long way ahead of Maddison. Grealish often dominates possession for Villa, is very, very difficult to dispossess and is physically strong. Maddison can slow the game down too much, can be physically weak and can be much more easily dispossessed.

Much though I hate to say it, at this present time, it's no contest in my book. Grealish is also a smarter footballer. He may look like he's diving to those watching, but he almost always has the ref onside and gets a lot of decisions. In a knock out game with two relatively evenly matched sides, set pieces are often crucial.

At the start of this season, most would have put these two in a similar bracket (many still do) but I think Maddison has a good bit of work to do to catch up now.

• Like 1