Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Is Jamie Vardy management material?

In the last few years of a player’s career you often hear of them taking their coaching badges. I hadn’t heard of that happening with Jamie but that doesn’t mean he isn’t of course...

Can you imagine him as a manager?

or do you think there’s another type of job in football that would suit him?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy is going to end up as some sort of famous for being famous type. Can't imagine him getting involved in anything too serious.

The next Jamie Redknapp (Without the punditry side). He'll end up captaining a team on some sort of tacky sports based panel show.

• Haha 1

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

The next Jamie Redknapp (Without the punditry side). He'll end up captaining a team on some sort of tacky sports based panel show.

He'll need to work on opening up a bit, his media interviews are pretty guarded and full of cliche soundbites.

1 minute ago, martyn said:

He'll need to work on opening up a bit, his media interviews are pretty guarded and full of cliche soundbites.

You're probably right, on a similar note, i'm surprised that Christian Fuchs hasn't done more TV work. He'd probably be good on A Question of Sport

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Many footballers are like that during their playing days, and tend to be better I. Front of camera later in life (experience, media coaching, etc).

He strikes me as someone more interested in performing well rather than managing, motivating and advising others. He’s running the V9 thing so he may be picking up coaching skills there so he may turn up as a coach after he finishes his playing career.

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Doesn't he still have that academy giving lower league players a chance? 

Should stick with that imo, great for the game in general and suits him. 

Got closed down I think due to lack of sponsors/funding.

• Like 1