Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Is Jamie Vardy management material?

Schmeichel, 100% yes. 

Vardy, sadly no. 

He'll harness the "brand Vardy" he's already established with is wife and will continue to do the odd reality show I imagine. They're pretty good value. I can see him popping up on the odd Saturday sports coverage, panel show, continuing to do Gogglebox etc. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem as quick-witted as the likes of Crouch or Redknapp, although they've had the opportunity to hone their TV banter craft, TBF.

Unless he does an Ally McCoist and starts his post-playing career off on TV all fun, goofy and likeable then instantly turns into the most serious man on the planet as soon as he gets involved in management.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

I hope he stays involved with the club in some way, whether as a coach or ambassador of some kind. The owners love him so he could end up being part of an LCFC academy in Thailand, for example, as well as remaining involved with his own V9 Academy here.

I also think once he's retired he could open up a lot and get a fair amount of media work as well. I can see him getting on well with the laddish lot at Soccer AM, personally.

Just now, MPH said:

Lampard did well, OGS did too. Pep guardiola had a very successful career too

We'll have to see with Lampard, OGS hasn't pulled up any trees considering the money spent. I did say rarely not never. 

47 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Brendan said in an interview a year or so ago? that JV would be interested in management and has a real interest in tactics etc, and is always asking questions and learning.

"Gaffer why the **** do you insist on playing two DM's away to a lower league side?"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

We'll have to see with Lampard, OGS hasn't pulled up any trees considering the money spent. I did say rarely not never. 

Think both of them were very impressive last  season... with Lampard not spending any money and OGS managing to turn around. poisonous sinking cesspit...

Yes you did say rarely, i just was thinking it happens more often that rarely.

Can see him helping the under-21 forwards developing, with the aim of getting any of them into the first-team squad.

If Vardy was to go into management, wouldn't feel he'd do well - as he will probably lack the ability of managing others and getting all players on his side etc.

Can imagine Evans, Praet, Castagne and Fuchs having the right personalities to have a good go at football management.

3 hours ago, martyn said:

He'll need to work on opening up a bit, his media interviews are pretty guarded and full of cliche soundbites.

3 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Many footballers are like that during their playing days, and tend to be better I. Front of camera later in life (experience, media coaching, etc).

I used to think David Platt would be a great manager when he was playing., he always seemed very knowledgeable, tactically aware and spoke so well. I was worried when he took the forest job as I thought he would do well. As it happens I shouldn’t have worried, though he did a great job of sorts, ask any forest fan lol 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy is going to end up as some sort of famous for being famous type. Can't imagine him getting involved in anything too serious.

I get what you're trying to say but it wouldn't be 'famous for being famous'. He's an unbelievable premier league striker, played for England and part of the best story ever in football. That's why he's famous. If he goes on I'm a celeb or whatever he's still famous for his football career 

• Like 1