Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Is Jamie Vardy management material?

18 minutes ago, bmt said:

I get what you're trying to say but it wouldn't be 'famous for being famous'. He's an unbelievable premier league striker, played for England and part of the best story ever in football. That's why he's famous. If he goes on I'm a celeb or whatever he's still famous for his football career 

Clearly, I'm just saying he would end up the same as the likes of Freddie Flintoff who hangs around with people who are famous for being famous.

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't see it personally but you never know. He doesn't take himself too seriously so could see reality shows, quiz/game shows etc whilst doing his academy stuff. 

Please god no! I used to love Big brother but when it was over the contestants made me cringe on fake celebrity programs. 

This would hurt as much as savage could have (if he didn't grate on me from the second he left us) (Birmingham home. ****) 

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Schmeichel, 100% yes. 

Vardy, sadly no. 

He'll harness the "brand Vardy" he's already established with is wife and will continue to do the odd reality show I imagine. They're pretty good value. I can see him popping up on the odd Saturday sports coverage, panel show, continuing to do Gogglebox etc. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem as quick-witted as the likes of Crouch or Redknapp, although they've had the opportunity to hone their TV banter craft, TBF.

Unless he does an Ally McCoist and starts his post-playing career off on TV all fun, goofy and likeable then instantly turns into the most serious man on the planet as soon as he gets involved in management.

I think Schmeichel has the right? "personality" for it. 

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

Yeah, but how do you really feel about Gary Neville 🤣

My first mental image of that question is of Neville on all fours and part naked dressed in s&m leather bondage gear and being walked around old trafford by Furgason on thier way to the steam room.....

• Haha 2

I doubt his management qualities. His understanding of his role is superb but being a manager involves understanding the financial, tactical, commercial, media, etc. I can't see him working effectively under a budget, spending hours thinking how to tweak the tactical approach, making decisions to improve commercial awareness and doing weekly press conferences. As others have said Kasper would be far more effective in this role imo. 

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

My first mental image of that question is of Neville on all fours and part naked dressed in s&m leather bondage gear and being walked around old trafford by Furgason on thier way to the steam room.....

I think you have deeper issues....

Unfortunately, we're now all scarred and sharing that image with you. I may not sleep tonight now :unsure:

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Haha 1

I think he'd make a good manager. A Scot Parker type. He'd adapt to suit the role, but keep his tongue in cheek and cheeky attitude. Players would love playing for him. His energy is infectious. 

I can see him possibly as a lower league manager and bringing a club up. A bit like Matt Taylor at Exeter.