Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Really like him and think I've seen enough to be convinced that he will come good, especially with Ricardo on the overlap when he finds he feet again. His off-the-ball movement is some of the best I've seen at City but others seems to be a little off-wavelength to exploit it. Not sure if somethings gone on between him and Kel as it's been obvious when they play together that they don't like passing to eachother at all. Think @lgfualol mentioned earlier that his dribbling was a bit shit but he looked much improved last night, great close ball control and that turn to take out 3 of theirs was phenomonenal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Really like him and think I've seen enough to be convinced that he will come good, especially with Ricardo on the overlap when he finds he feet again. His off-the-ball movement is some of the best I've seen at City but others seems to be a little off-wavelength to exploit it. Not sure if somethings gone on between him and Kel as it's been obvious when they play together that they don't like passing to eachother at all. Think @lgfualol mentioned earlier that his dribbling was a bit shit but he looked much improved last night, great close ball control and that turn to take out 3 of theirs was phenomonenal.

I've watched that turn loads of times, you don't see that very often especially in a Leicester shirt. Looking forward to his first goal, I think that really might settle him in.

• Like 2

For me he is pretty much the prototype modern winger, fast, direct, good off the ball movement, good linkup, you compare him to mahrez who is a better footballer on the ball but off the ball under offers way more, more intelligent movement and pace to stretch the opponent's defence, im going to go out on a limb and say that when he settles into the side he's going to suit this current team more than mahrez would have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thauvin is one - he hits consistently good numbers.

At this level? 

I agree that his recent statistics have been outstanding but he was so underwhelming at Newcastle that I would worry about a return to the Premier League. I have heard all the arguments that this was purely down to Newcastle being so shit but it is amid such adversity that the players you want to target will demonstrate fortitude and stand out. I remember him regularly going missing and a consistent lack of commitment. Also, contrary to what anyone says, he's no Riyad in terms of touch, poise or footballing brain. Mahrez could I concede have an equally dreadful attitude and I remember many games in which he was similarly lazy or simply didn't turn up - but I also remember dreadful team performances in which he nonetheless stood out almost carrying us  - and of course, those few seconds of brilliance that it took for him to turn and entire game around. Remember Danny Murphy absurdly, consistently and tiresomely telling us that Mahrez was too good for Leicester? Whatever you think of that comment, no one was able to make that observation about Thauvin who played in an absolutely appalling Premier League football team - and they should have at least been some recognition. No doubting his talent, his international recognition, and the huge improvements that he has made as a player, but in spite of the demonstration of prodigious talents abroad, the Falcao (despite injury), Soldado, di Maria, Veron, Shevchenko, Higuaín, Morientes, Kluivert syndrome still remains.

I am very likely wrong and have nothing to substantiate this feeling other than his woeful tenure at the Toon, but in spite of his recent outstanding form, that doubt still remains as irrational as it may be. 

I think the comparisons with Mahrez are slightly unfair. When Mahrez first came he struggled to get into the team ahead of Knockaert at times. It was only really from title winning season he was on another level. Give Under time and I can see glimmers of what he may become. He has a great game seeing as he's still getting used to playing for us and our style of play. He'll come good I'm sure of it. 

• Like 3

I like him! Definitely needs a goal to settle himself in - he looked so disappointed whenever his attempts didn't come off last night! He's come here as a player with something to prove, and the pressure is on to convince Brendan he's worth hanging onto. It's even more high stakes with it being the premier league plus the chance to continue playing alongside his best mate.

I think as a team we always seem wait for the perfect opportunity before taking a shot, hence why our shot conversion ratio is so high. I think having a player who is prepared to take on chances more regularly is no bad thing - even if he doesn't score there's always the chance of the rebound (as nearly worked out with Madders). That's how Liverpool get a lot of their goals. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I've watched that turn loads of times, you don't see that very often especially in a Leicester shirt. Looking forward to his first goal, I think that really might settle him in.

When Ricardo gets back to fighting fit those two are going to create a nightmare for the opposition. If Barnes and Castagne can make it happen then we actually start to look like a proper attacking club . Need attacking depth on both sides. We need more goals from somewhere because our dependence on Vardy is time bomb waiting to go off. More attackers with the skill set of Under please.

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think the comparisons with Mahrez are slightly unfair. When Mahrez first came he struggled to get into the team ahead of Knockaert at times. It was only really from title winning season he was on another level. Give Under time and I can see glimmers of what he may become. He has a great game seeing as he's still getting used to playing for us and our style of play. He'll come good I'm sure of it. 

Actually when Mahrez first arrived he displaced Lloyd Dyer from the left wing pretty quickly. Knockaert was playing on the other side. You're right though that in our first premiership season Mahrez spent a fair amount of time on the bench, which iirc was mostly due to a lack of defensive contribution at a time when we were on the back foot in almost every game.

Regarding Under, are there seriously people that don't like what they see? Our only wide player that provides a sense of anticipation when they get the ball.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

At this level? 

I agree that his recent statistics have been outstanding but he was so underwhelming at Newcastle that I would worry about a return to the Premier League. I have heard all the arguments that this was purely down to Newcastle being so shit but it is amid such adversity that the players you want to target will demonstrate fortitude and stand out. I remember him regularly going missing and a consistent lack of commitment. Also, contrary to what anyone says, he's no Riyad in terms of touch, poise or footballing brain. Mahrez could I concede have an equally dreadful attitude and I remember many games in which he was similarly lazy or simply didn't turn up - but I also remember dreadful team performances in which he nonetheless stood out almost carrying us  - and of course, those few seconds of brilliance that it took for him to turn and entire game around. Remember Danny Murphy absurdly, consistently and tiresomely telling us that Mahrez was too good for Leicester? Whatever you think of that comment, no one was able to make that observation about Thauvin who played in an absolutely appalling Premier League football team - and they should have at least been some recognition. No doubting his talent, his international recognition, and the huge improvements that he has made as a player, but in spite of the demonstration of prodigious talents abroad, the Falcao (despite injury), Soldado, di Maria, Veron, Shevchenko, Higuaín, Morientes, Kluivert syndrome still remains.

I am very likely wrong and have nothing to substantiate this feeling other than his woeful tenure at the Toon, but in spite of his recent outstanding form, that doubt still remains as irrational as it may be. 

Fernandes had a terrible spell at sampdoria. Often players improve.

He is a star in the making works well with Vardy and has foresite! His speed and skill on the ball MUST be exploited! His first goal will be one of many I'm sure.  I Also predict he will be up there with assists, needs more game time to settle in he is in my opinion a better option 👍

If you look at the Fulham game in particular you can tell that his team mates really rate him. The ball was consistently worked out to him, much more so than Barnes. Clearly he’s the guy they all thought was most likely to deliver something. 

Ive been a mad man and added him to my fantasy prem side, even though he’s likely to be snubbed again at the weekend. 

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Under is the player you all have been begging for for at least 2 years. The real deal. And we could use another couple like him. He's the type of player whose going to solve the transition from Vardy to the Future.

I have all the patience in the world for him considering the level of creativity and attacking talent in the club. Don't care if he makes mistakes. That's what he's paid for. To take chances. To provide that bit of magic that provides that final pass or goal. He's the only player at the club who can dribble at a man or two, beat them and still have 'control' of the ball to shoot or pass. The only one.

We definitely do. I think a large set of our fans are still unrealistic about how many goals they expect our team to score. Liverpool have Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, Origi, Shaqiri. Man City have Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, Foden, etc. Chelsea have Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, etc. Compare our options to those teams and it's embarrassing really, but it's what you expect given the money spent on players from those teams. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We definitely do. I think a large set of our fans are still unrealistic about how many goals they expect our team to score. Liverpool have Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, Origi, Shaqiri. Man City have Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, Foden, etc. Chelsea have Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, etc. Compare our options to those teams and it's embarrassing really, but it's what you expect given the money spent on players from those teams. 

Like night and day. And given that we play the same amount of games its an absolute miracle that we can compete at all.

Add injuries to that and I just don't know what supporters expect. The longer I'm here the more I realize what a long haul its going to be for this club with its resources to become a Sevilla 2.0. Feels like we have such a long way to go. Sad there seems so little patience here.:dunno:

Edited by SO1

10 hours ago, SecretPro said:

It was deffo way better vs Zorya, that turn he did gave me a bit of a stiffy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen enough of Cenghis to want to see more.

If we did start with Barnesh Harvinho, Vardy and Cenghis, it would be a very different dynamic to some games recently (e.g Fulham debacle).  Teams would be pushed back.  We wouldn't be as solid but if we had all out players available, we have defenders who could cope.

• Like 3

He hasn't yet put together a season in a top league with a good amount of goals and assists. He's evidently a real talent but his best season is 8 goals and 2 assists in all competitions in a top league. Barnes and Perez get slated on here and both posted better than that last season alone!