Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

On 04/12/2020 at 14:36, SO1 said:

When Ricardo gets back to fighting fit those two are going to create a nightmare for the opposition. If Barnes and Castagne can make it happen then we actually start to look like a proper attacking club . Need attacking depth on both sides. We need more goals from somewhere because our dependence on Vardy is time bomb waiting to go off. More attackers with the skill set of Under please.

He still has much to add to his game especially in his defensive duties before him and Ricardo start lighting it up on the right, he needs to watch how Sharky operated with Ricardo.

Picture the scene Ricardo goes on the overlap & Under heads for the box the ball is lost and opposition break down their left, seeing this Lil Wes, who has already stepped up to join the attack, leaving a huge hole on the right is passed its now 3 on 1 (Evans) who is rounded and gooooooal.

Post match FT looking for scapegoats open the Evans thread and say he has lost his legs and in decline losing us the game with a little dig that he’s not been right since talk of a new contract started.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He hasn't yet put together a season in a top league with a good amount of goals and assists. He's evidently a real talent but his best season is 8 goals and 2 assists in all competitions in a top league. Barnes and Perez get slated on here and both posted better than that last season alone!

image.png.cb9d976846a198aef69981757ab8cc32.png

I think this is his best season with 6 goals and 10 assists and this was even though he missed around 10 games due to his injury. He has to be a regular 11 to click with his teammates.

9 minutes ago, sternenlicht said:

image.png.cb9d976846a198aef69981757ab8cc32.png

I think this is his best season with 6 goals and 10 assists and this was even though he missed around 10 games due to his injury. He has to be a regular 11 to click with his teammates.

What season was that? I thought he signed for Roma in the summer of 2017 and not part way through a season? Without being disrespectful to the Turkish domestic league but its not in the same stratosphere as the PL, Serie A, La Lisa, Bundesliga etc. His stats are worse than Barnes and Perez. I do rate him though as he has a real natural flair and I hope if he stays fit for the majority of a season he could get at least 15 goal contributions a season.

Sorry I realise now that its just the Italian and European data but in another language!! 😂

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What season was that? I thought he signed for Roma in the summer of 2017 and not part way through a season? Without being disrespectful to the Turkish domestic league but its not in the same stratosphere as the PL, Serie A, La Lisa, Bundesliga etc. His stats are worse than Barnes and Perez. I do rate him though as he has a real natural flair and I hope if he stays fit for the majority of a season he could get at least 15 goal contributions a season.

This was his second season with Roma, 18/19. Sorry the screenshot is in Turkish, I thought that was clear because it says "Serie A" :)

And no worries, I don't classify Turkish Super League as a top league.

• Like 2

Same meat different gravy.

Haven't seen anything that convince me he's much better then Perez or Gray, should be sitting here with 2-3 goals to he name.

At the moment I'd be surprised if we took up the option to buy, I think there are players available in the summer on a free who can offer as much.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haven't seen anything that convince me he's much better then Perez or Gray, should be sitting here with 2-3 goals to he name.

At the moment I'd be surprised if we took up the option to buy, I think there are players available in the summer on a free who can offer as much.

Good thing we don't have to decide that now?

43 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Picture the scene Ricardo goes on the overlap & Under heads for the box the ball is lost and opposition break down their left, seeing this Lil Wes, who has already stepped up to join the attack, leaving a huge hole on the right is passed its now 3 on 1 (Evans) who is rounded and gooooooal.

Post match FT looking for scapegoats open the Evans thread and say he has lost his legs and in decline losing us the game with a little dig that he’s not been right since talk of a new contract started.

Sure, but that happens on the left all the time too and it’s the job of Evans and Ndidi to shift and cover that ground when full backs and a CB move into an advanced position.

Just now, Mawuli said:

Good thing we don't have to decide that now?

True, he got time on his side.

I would like to see him have a run of games.

Biggest issue for me is we need game changers and match winners, the only consistent one we have is Vardy. Really to we see a Maddison or a Barnes taking a game by the scuff of it neck. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

True, he got time on his side.

I would like to see him have a run of games.

Biggest issue for me is we need game changers and match winners, the only consistent one we have is Vardy. Really to we see a Maddison or a Barnes taking a game by the scuff of it neck. 

Ünder is that type of player imo,he has no qualms about receiving the ball and taking it to the other team, won't always come off but if he keeps doing it he'll get alot of goal contributions

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He hasn't yet put together a season in a top league with a good amount of goals and assists. He's evidently a real talent but his best season is 8 goals and 2 assists in all competitions in a top league. Barnes and Perez get slated on here and both posted better than that last season alone!

Perez got quite a few of his goals/assists last year in his number 10 role (1G sheffield (H), 1G 1A Newcastle (A), 2A West Ham (A)), on the wing his numbers for us are similar to Under's at Roma. Also i just much prefer Under's playstyle, he can cross, he can cut inside and shoot, he can run with the ball and hold it up. He makes things happen whereas perez just floats around the box and pops up with a goal/layoff assist every 5 games, Under has a lot of room for improvement as well whereas i cant really see how Perez can get better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Brendan, you have made two changes, what's your thinking?

'Against Sheffield United, you need to be physical'

Makes sense bringing in Perez, then....

I thought it was just me ......

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx
On 06/12/2020 at 13:04, coolhandfox said:

I am more concerned that he may not want to stay and that he might prefer to play for Roma in case they kick out Fonseca. Honestly, I thought he would struggle much more in the PL, but he isn't at all. One of his strengths has been that he didn't need much chances to score, but he's been not as efficient this season, but the fact that he is getting this chances is telling. One thing I find about him very peculiar is that he seems to be still developing. I remember a statement he gave about one year ago saying something like that he actually still considers him a boy (in contrast to a grown up), which I thought was a weird choice but I can tell that he is till "growing" as a person an player.  Btw. what I am really surprised of is that I thought someone like  maddison who I would have judged much higher considering class  than Under before I saw them play together is really not that good. Maybe I am wrong and maddison is just not in form. Overall I am happy of what he was delivered so far but he needs to start taking his chances to score. 

Considering the so called free players, why the hell would they play for Leicester?  If we are talking about someone like Thauvin,  he is completely overrated (I do watch french league occasionally) and didn't he already fail in PL. Just consider Pepe.  Anyway, right now I am happy with the results and the team has been super lucky (and thanks to Vardy stay somewhere at the top). Once Ndidi, Cags, and castagne ... are back things will look different. Lets also hope that Barnes can step up a little more and all will be fine.   

Edited by Hansifüx

On 06/12/2020 at 11:22, BKLFox said:

He still has much to add to his game especially in his defensive duties before him and Ricardo start lighting it up on the right, he needs to how Sharky operated with Ricardo.

...interesting scenario, and highlights to some extent Fofana pushing forward and at time, marauding down the Right Wing and that causes a readjustment we should not have to make!!!

Not sure why he is pushing so far forward and if he pushed forward centrally it would make more sense, where the Defensive Midfielder drops into his position to cover.

The question is why is he being allowed to make these forays and why does he continue unless he has been allowed to do so.

On 06/12/2020 at 12:04, coolhandfox said:

I didn't think it was an option to buy thought it was a loan with compulsory buy at end?

Surprised people aren't more positive about Cengo. It's still a settling in period for him and I've enjoyed his performances so far. You can see how much talent and skill that he has; for me he is already our best option at RW and I'm sure he will get even better with time.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to seeing him start over the xmas period. We're crying out for someone to take a full back on, and make defences nervous. If he skins a few people, then teams will start to double up on him, then we'll have space somewhere else on the pitch.

41 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Surprised people aren't more positive about Cengo. It's still a settling in period for him and I've enjoyed his performances so far. You can see how much talent and skill that he has; for me he is already our best option at RW and I'm sure he will get even better with time.

I'm really positve, just wish we'd start him in a premier league game and then give him a decent run of games.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

I didn't think it was an option to buy thought it was a loan with compulsory buy at end?

It was a option to buy in the end, that was the reason it took longer.

39 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

He is an exciting player and unlucky not to have a couple of goals. 

Although you could probably say the exact same about Barnes.

Or just poor finishing he has missed some easy chances in the Europa League games. 

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It was a option to buy in the end, that was the reason it took longer.

Or just poor finishing he has missed some easy chances in the Europa League games. 

Poor finishing in those instances but not sure you could call him a poor finisher. Scored some good goals for Turk recently.

• Like 1