Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

The same Trump that suggested buying Greenland and injecting light rays to kill a virus...

Thighland, Tim Apple, Lil Pimp...

The list goes on and on.

Not really that unreasonable seeing as that was a 'common practice' a couple of hundred years ago :P

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

From what I read, heard and understood, it's not only a "I don't give a fcuk, fake news, it'll happen in decades, if not centuries, if ever". Some are well aware of the climate changes, but consider it as a natural course of events, as it happened many times in Earth's history, rather than man-made. For them it's overplayed and exaggerated by [insert whoever they don't like].

Of course I might be wrong, so to any Trumper or climate change denier, feel free to disagree with me. 

Yeah, I get that. I just struggle to understand the mentality that spawns it.

21 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I wasnt so batshite crazy afterall huh? Lol

knew it would be closer then shite 'poles' 

Will be interesting to see how these remaining votes unfold but i still think Trump will win..lets hope not though!

You predicted a Trump win, mon ami - I don't see no Trump win. :thumbup: (yet.)

In all seriousness I thought the polls had corrected for these factors after they were right in 2018 and they clearly missed something, so I got that one wrong.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s worth another four years just to see that TBH.

He would probably kill hundreds of thousands of his own supporters in the process, with the surviving supporters and the Trump-supporting relatives of the dead would applauding him for "doing the best he can" or blaming "the left" for inflicting the hurricane on them in the first place.

Edited by Footballwipe

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, I get that. I just struggle to understand the mentality that spawns it.

You predicted a Trump win, mon ami - I don't see no Trump win. :thumbup: (yet.)

In all seriousness I thought the polls had corrected for these factors after they were right in 2018 and they clearly missed something, so I got that one wrong.

I dont think they missed anything other than Americans are embarassed to admit they love Trump.  Cant really poll for that i suppose

Just now, leicsmac said:

Good to see Farage getting shown up on the Beeb for pushing the totally unsubstantiated postal voter fraud narrative.

He must really be desperate for that "advisor" job considering the amount of time he spends lodged halfway up Trump's colon.

Ahhh the same guy who voted for the national front and said he only did it because their initials lined up with his. I know the one. He's never been elected here so now he's trying his hand across the continent by shoving his head up trumps ass. This will be fun.

So someone run me through what's going on here to see if I'm understanding this right, say Biden wins now, republicans control the senate? And the house will be even *ish*? So taking into account trumpets tilted the supreme Court 6/3 in their favour, you're essentially looking at a lame duck presidency on arrival? 

So even if dems win it's not really a win? Confuses the hell out of me being able to have a president that can't really do bugger all. Or I'm missing something. Not particularly down with murican politics so prolly just being daft. 

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

So someone run me through what's going on here to see if I'm understanding this right, say Biden wins now, republicans control the senate? And the house will be even *ish*? So taking into account trumpets tilted the supreme Court 6/3 in their favour, you're essentially looking at a lame duck presidency on arrival? 

So even if dems win it's not really a win? Confuses the hell out of me being able to have a president that can't really do bugger all. Or I'm missing something. Not particularly down with murican politics so prolly just being daft. 

Senate isn't certain to be Repub-controlled yet and the Dems will have a massive majority in the House. Of course, provided the Repubs do keep the Senate Turtle McConnell will do every trick in the book to hamstring Biden the same way he did Obama, at least until 2022 when the Dems get another, better shot at controlling it.

Supreme Court is a rather different and independent matter which will be important for different reasons.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

Presidents have a 4 year term. His job is to enforce the law. He also has the ability to veto laws he disagrees with. His VP gets to be the deciding vote in the senate (if there's a tie).

Senators have a 6 year term. They get to vote on laws past by the House of Representatives.

House reps have a 2 year term. They create legislation. 

That means that there is an election for senate/house every 2 years (nationally). Most presidents do not have both the Senate and the House majority for all 4 years of their term. This means that in order to get legislation done, they often need to some amount of bi-partisan support. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

Presidents have a 4 year term. His job is to enforce the law. He also has the ability to veto laws he disagrees with. His VP gets to be the deciding vote in the senate (if there's a tie).

Senators have a 6 year term. They get to vote on laws past by the House of Representatives.

House reps have a 2 year term. They create legislation. 

That means that there is an election for senate/house every 2 years (nationally). Most presidents do not have both the Senate and the House majority for all 4 years of their term. This means that in order to get legislation done, they often need to some amount of bi-partisan support. 

Your username is very apt btw lol 

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

There are Senate and House votes every two years I believe, so you're not necessarily looking at a lame duck presidency - but probably.

Edit: Explained better above.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Thanks 1

Fag packet maths but extrapolating the current results per county with ones still to come in, I think Michigan ends up 200k in favour of Biden.

Still got 1/3 of Detroit votes to come in which nets 200k votes for Biden over Trump alone.

Looks pretty nailed on Biden gets to 270 now. Interesting ones to keep an eye on now for trends will be Georgia and Pennsylvania.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Fag packet maths but extrapolating the current results per county with ones still to come in, I think Michigan ends up 200k in favour of Biden.

Still got 1/3 of Detroit votes to come in which nets 200k votes for Biden over Trump alone.

Looks pretty nailed on Biden gets to 270 now. Interesting ones to keep an eye on now for trends will be Georgia and Pennsylvania.

I think Trump takes NC and edges PA and the rest go blue. 

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Nevada and Arizona are still there too.

If Georgia flips as well which is possible with urban areas currently being counted, according to this timeline we could probably have a Biden win before the end of the day before Trump can even have his cry about late PA and NV postal votes. 

Screenshot_20201104-143442_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Finnegan