Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's all over now, can't see Trump going quietly now though after all this 'fraud' business.

He wont budge. I think he knows once he is no longer president he'll spend the rest of his life dodging prison and debt collectors lol he is going to cling to power for as long as he can 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Begs the question again of where the **** the mainstream media has been for the last few months. Trump's increased his vote by 5 million so far, there is no way you could have predicted that from the coverage in most US and UK media. 

It's a very unique election though isn't it. Due to COVID you'd be forgiven for thinking there's even been an election up to today, which I think is fair enough no?

Also the turnout has increased loads too, extra news coverage would make no difference to being able to predict an increase like that, some of these people are brand new, never voted before types who wouldn't have been picked up by pollsters anyway.

It's that of his more fanatical supporters that worry me. Bush won under controversial circumstances in 2000, but nothing on this scale. It could become very ugly very quickly given the behaviour of some Trump supporters towards political opponents. 

The democrats should have prepared the country for this - but to do so would have been to admit that they wouldn't win before postal ballots were counted -- all plays into trumps narrative. his supporters will simply believe that the commies have stolen their president - and some of his supporters will no doubt do some crazy things if this happens …….

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

1. The democrats should have prepared the country for this - 2. but to do so would have been to admit that they wouldn't win before postal ballots were counted 

1. How exactly? 

2. I'm not sure why you say that like it's something they should be ashamed of? There's a global pandemic, the US is the worst country on the planet at handling it, nobody should be at public polling stations, it should probably all have been by post. 

The Dems should be more proud than embarrassed that their base actually believe enough in a virus to vote responsibly. 

It's only "controversial" because the wannabe dictator realised postal votes would be dominated by Biden voters this time round and so has been making unsubstantiated claims that its corrupt for months to try and set this up. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We'd probably see that whoever won and however they won, to be fair. That's the legacy of Trump's presidency. No major world leader of a developed nation, in my lifetime at least, has fostered that much hate and division in their own populace and stoked the fires so willingly. 

Not a World leader, but Farage did something similar here with Brexit.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The democrats should have prepared the country for this - but to do so would have been to admit that they wouldn't win before postal ballots were counted -- all plays into trumps narrative. his supporters will simply believe that the commies have stolen their president - and some of his supporters will no doubt do some crazy things if this happens …….

Ah yes, it's the 'left' at fault - of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not a World leader, but Farage did something similar here with Brexit.

I don't really remember there being riots and protests in the street so wildly over Brexit that militias were formed with assault rifles and teenagers were crossing state lines to shoot people in crowds. 

I don't really remember a resurgence of, say, Combat 18, standing around intimidating voters or attacking campaign convoys with Farage calling them great blokes and ordering them to "stand by" for results day. 

Biden has received the most votes in US election history, even more than 2008's Obama-mania. Crazy when you consider how bland he appears (to me at least). Can't help but feel an awful lot of those are anti-Trump votes and if Trump had toned down the controversy by 10% he would have been re-elected.