Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

Biden has received the most votes in US election history, even more than 2008's Obama-mania. Crazy when you consider how bland he appears (to me at least). Can't help but feel an awful lot of those are anti-Trump votes and if Trump had toned down the controversy by 10% he would have been re-elected.

I think he's lost a lot of votes due to Coronavirus and how he's handled it, recent events always stick in the minds of voters on polling day.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think he's lost a lot of votes due to Coronavirus and how he's handled it, recent events always stick in the minds of voters on polling day.

I think sending most of the country a postal ballot has definetly increased turnout.  Almost everyone can be bothered to tick a box and post an envelope if it turns up.

7 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Biden has received the most votes in US election history, even more than 2008's Obama-mania. Crazy when you consider how bland he appears (to me at least). Can't help but feel an awful lot of those are anti-Trump votes and if Trump had toned down the controversy by 10% he would have been re-elected.

Of course they're anti Trump votes but I think "tone down the controversy by 10%" is a bit of a stretch. 

The man has gone pretty much full on fascist dictator over the last year and that's without looking at the fact he's clearly in Putin's pocket, is a liability due to his about half a billion of debt, has dodged pretty much all taxes owed to his own country, ignored and lied about Russia paying extremists bounties to kill US troops, has overseen the worst virus response on the planet to the tune of hundreds of thousands of American lives, was controversially good friends with a pedophile socialite fixer, wished well to the pedophile socialite fixer's partner in crime, attempted to sabotage the postal system to throw this election, mused about postponing the entire election...! 

10%!? Try 150%!

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Of course they're anti Trump votes but I think "tone down the controversy by 10%" is a bit of a stretch. 

The man has gone pretty much full on fascist dictator over the last year and that's without looking at the fact he's clearly in Putin's pocket, is a liability due to his about half a billion of debt, has dodged pretty much all taxes owed to his own country, ignored and lied about Russia paying extremists bounties to kill US troops, has overseen the worst virus response on the planet to the tune of hundreds of thousands of American lives, was controversially good friends with a pedophile socialite fixer, wished well to the pedophile socialite fixer's partner in crime, attempted to sabotage the postal system to throw this election, mused about postponing the entire election...! 

10%!? Try 150%!

In a way, that's the point, he could have still been 90% nut job and won the election!

17 minutes ago, LVocey said:

It’s nothing to do with how respected Biden is, it’s  more anti trump, 

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Why is there different rules for each state? In a Pennsylvania press conference earlier it was stated in answer to the press that it didn’t matter if the postal vote was date stamped or not as long as it was received by 5pm on the 6th it would be counted

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Why is there different rules for each state? In a Pennsylvania press conference earlier it was stated in answer to the press that it didn’t matter if the postal vote was date stamped or not as long as it was received by 5pm on the 6th it would be counted

In the US constitution, each state isn't so much electing the President, they're electing delegates who will go to Washington to elect the President.  So Pennsylvania are told that they have to elect 20 delegates and they're told when the election is (it's laid out in the constitution), but it's up to them how they do it. 

So for example a couple of states (Maine and Nebraska) may split their delegates so some vote Democrat and some Republican, if the vote proportions dictate, while the other 48 go en bloc for one or the other.  Postal votes are one of the details that each state has control over.

• Like 1

Would be incredible if Biden wins even with all that going on in Florida. Yes, it could have meant more votes for Trump but in a dodgy historically red state like Florida I doubt it’s red votes being turned away...

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

1. How exactly? 

2. I'm not sure why you say that like it's something they should be ashamed of? There's a global pandemic, the US is the worst country on the planet at handling it, nobody should be at public polling stations, it should probably all have been by post. 

The Dems should be more proud than embarrassed that their base actually believe enough in a virus to vote responsibly. 

It's only "controversial" because the wannabe dictator realised postal votes would be dominated by Biden voters this time round and so has been making unsubstantiated claims that its corrupt for months to try and set this up. 

Because the narrative from trump was that postal ballots were fraudulent 

so if the dems overtly publicised that they wouldn’t be ahead until those postal ballots were counted, how would that have been seized upon by trump ?

and admitting that you wouldn’t be ahead on the basis of votes cast in person on Election Day isn’t a good look before an election takes place ..

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Every single Trump tweet:

Some or all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about an election or other civic process. Learn more

I am not sure censorship is a good thing here.  He is the president, he should be able to spout bollocks and be called out on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I am not sure censorship is a good thing here.  He is the president, he should be able to spout bollocks and be called out on it.

It’s still available to read, you just have to acknowledge the disclaimer before you can see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

What is your point?  7% is plenty of violence.

What that means is that 7% of protests featured violence in some capacity, not that 7% of the protests were made up of protesters intent on violence.  The true scale of the violence is therefore a fraction again of the 7%. 

39 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think sending most of the country a postal ballot has definetly increased turnout.  Almost everyone can be bothered to tick a box and post an envelope if it turns up.

Another falsehood, Jon the Tinfoil Hat is it?  Ballot registration applications were sent out to people in quite a few states but only in something like 10 states did people automatically receive a ballot in the post as part of the local coronavirus measures and that was a service only extended to registered voters.  So a far cry from "most of the country".  Put the kool aid down.

• Like 2