Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Riyad reflects on Leicester

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Were they horrible or some home truths which fans are finally starting to realise now? 

Especially the comment regarding our Squad Depth. Its true. We wasn't equipped for Champions League and the Premier League with that squad.

I still got love for him but the comments were classless mate, I can understand why some find it hard to forgive

• Like 1

He was unavailable for two games in Jan/ Feb 2018 because he wasn't at the club. Maybe he didn't force to leave but the manager wasn't able to pick him for crucial games (we were 7th at the time in good form, Mahrez himself was in excellent form).

He was a superb player, I'd love a player of his quality but don't miss the dramas around him, he's got his big move and we've not suffered too badly since. A few boos here and there- so what? Some of our players have been booed whilst still with us. I think we all appreciate the moments he gave us but understandable if some comments and actions sour it a bit.

• Like 1

I'd rather he hadn't left in the manner he did but I can't say I don't still love the man. I can't get on board with the "you're either with us or against us" sentiment that also sees the likes of Maguire (and no doubt Chilwell if we're there to see it) booed when they return for no better reason than they had the gall to leave.

As for him wasting two years here - well yeah, he did. At least he's honest.

1 hour ago, East Langton Fox said:

Wagamamas in the Highcross. Christmas 2015, I was with my kids. A murmur goes around, Mahrez is here with what looks like his sister and his girlfriend. I ask him for a picture with my kids. He pulls a face and it takes some doing, He doesn’t look very happy in the picture. Not a big deal but the kids could see it and I remember it.
it reminded me of that old adage. Never meet your heroes.

How entitled and narcissistic do you have to be to believe a photo for you and your kids is more important than another family's meal/evening?

So glad I'm not famous, I would hate dealing with sh*t like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the bloke and every other player from 15/16. Don’t really care what he says about us, prefer to just enjoy the memories. 

In 50 years time we’re not going to remember what Riyad said in an interview, we’re going to remember the magic. History can never be taken away. 

His achievements for this football club outweigh his actions in my opinion.

• Like 2

He’s needed to do an interview like this for a while now. Interesting that it’s come after he was booed...

Mahrez is the best player that has played for our club. If any of us saw him in the street we’d be compelled to say kind things to him. But after he, on more than one occasion, said some pretty disrespectful things about the club in the media, he deserved the pantomime boos he get when playing against us.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

How entitled and narcissistic do you have to be to believe a photo for you and your kids is more important than another family's meal/evening?

So glad I'm not famous, I would hate dealing with sh*t like that.

I’m not sure he’s said it is. He’s simply reported he asked for a photo and how it played out. Bizarre you feel the need to label him ‘entitled’ and ‘narcissistic’.

Of course if the result had been “he couldn’t have been more engaging, it made the kids’ year and I came away thinking what a down to earth guy he was”, none of you would be taking issue with the guy having asked for a photo.

All about how it is done with these things. Mid mouthful of food or mid conversation then you’re intruding. Catch him as he’s arriving or leaving and ask politely if he minds then it shouldn’t be an issue.

20 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'd rather he hadn't left in the manner he did but I can't say I don't still love the man. I can't get on board with the "you're either with us or against us" sentiment that also sees the likes of Maguire (and no doubt Chilwell if we're there to see it) booed when they return for no better reason than they had the gall to leave.

What about the contract he signed in August 2016 

Published 17 Aug 16
Riyad Mahrez: Leicester City Magician Signs New Contract
Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce that Riyad Mahrez has signed a new contract, committing his future to the Foxes until June, 2020.

Yet less than a year later he's after move.

Mahrez's King Power exit has been a long time coming, 407 days to be exact, with the winger first releasing a statement confirming his intentions to leave in May 2017.

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m not sure he’s said it is. He’s simply reported he asked for a photo and how it played out. Bizarre you feel the need to label him ‘entitled’ and ‘narcissistic’.

Of course if the result had been “he couldn’t have been more engaging, it made the kids’ year and I came away thinking what a down to earth guy he was”, none of you would be taking issue with the guy having asked for a photo.

All about how it is done with these things. Mid mouthful of food or mid conversation then you’re intruding. Catch him as he’s arriving or leaving and ask politely if he minds then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Disagree.

I literally brushed shoulders with Kasper coming out the bogs in a Manchester bar and left him to it.

I still think we were ripped off for 65m and weren't Roma the only club who ever officially lodged a bid other than Man City? I can't believe the biggest clubs in the world weren't fighting over him he's that good, and I also can't believe how pep the fruad seems to ubderrate him, he's constantly in and out the 11 and often their best player in a game then left on the bench for the next 2 games. Madness. 

• Like 2

Like every party involved he had tunnel vision and could only see his side of things. He should remember how good he was, how very few players in the game could do what he could do going past opponents with ease, Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Sterling and look at their fees / values and compare that to the offers we were turning down. He should be angry at the likes of Arsenal and initially Man City for not going that extra mile and having the faith in him to bid his true value. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
34 minutes ago, Guest said:

Not going to comment on mahrez its yesterday's news, but the we must love everyone who ever played for us is baffling, if someone is playing for another team against us i want them to fail,booing really don't effect them anyway but if its them or us its a no brainer, football has been sanitized enough,  when they have retired and return well thats completely different. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

He is hands down the best player imo that has ever played for us. If he was still a Leicester player I think more people will agree with that.

He was the best player in our title winning season and gave us another season after that before making any grumblings about leaving. I don't begrudge him for leaving when Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell and Maguire wanted the same thing but their exits were a lot more straight forward as the club knew how exceptional an asset Mahrez was so tried to keep him as long as possible. I'd wonder how the other four would have reacted had they been told they couldn't leave. 

If we were in a position to offer Mahrez European football then every season he may have stayed but we weren't and he left to advance his career. No bad feelings at all. 

Hmmm Lenny Glover runs him very very close on the wing.

Best forward though - Frank Worthington.  Totally exceptional.

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

What about the contract he signed in August 2016 

Yet less than a year later he's after move.

He signed a contract at the league champions with Champions League football on the horizon. I can understand why his feelings about playing for us would change when it became apparent that we had failed to build upon that success. I think we are all well aware that when a player signs a new contract it's not necessarily a signal of their intent to stay at the club in the long term.

11 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Not going to comment on mahrez its yesterday's news, but the we must love everyone who ever played for us is baffling, if someone is playing for another team against us i want them to fail,booing really don't effect them anyway but if its them or us its a no brainer, football has been sanitized enough,  when they have retired and return well thats completely different. 

Of course you're not obliged to love everyone who ever played for us, I don't find myself welling up with admiration when Patrick van Aanholt or Ben Mee come to town. Equally, you're not obliged to snarl and boo at everyone who's dared to turn their back on the glorious Leicester City. I don't think it's a matter of sanitisation to not boo one of the most influential players in our greatest ever achievement and our only ever PFA player of the year winner.