Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Disagree with you on this one Col. After so many games of watching us roll over for the big boys it's understandable for people to vent their frustrations when the game was taking a familiar path. Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Sorry fella - it's nothing to do with hindsight. It's the childish, angry petulance every time someone makes the tiniest error, the dominance of the negative 'I told you so'-ism, and in some cases, the inaccuracy of the remarks (for example, someone said Mahrez always likes a goal against us - I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure that was his first), but most of all, it becomes a hostile environment for anyone who doesn't like noisy pub bores dominating proceedings by out-shouting everyone else and having absolutely no respect for anyone else's personal space.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry fella - it's nothing to do with hindsight. It's the childish, angry petulance every time someone makes the tiniest error, the dominance of the negative 'I told you so'-ism, and in some cases, the inaccuracy of the remarks (for example, someone said Mahrez always likes a goal against us - I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure that was his first), but most of all, it becomes a hostile environment for anyone who doesn't like noisy pub bores dominating proceedings by out-shouting everyone else and having absolutely no respect for anyone else's personal space.

Thats pretty much any math thread on any clubs forum though. Hard to police it. As for the people being disappointed by how we set up again (me included) I think most comments were valid. Obviously we completely turned it around but at the time the concern was fair imo. Hopefully this means that the players have worked out how to play this particular way against the big boys 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Guardiola’s spend on Goalkeepers/Defenders during his 4-years at Man City (ordered by date signed):

• Zinchenko: £1.80m
  • Rulli: £4.23m
  • Stones: £50.04m
  • Bravo: £16.20m
  • Ederson: £36.00m
  • Walker: £47.43m
  • Danilo: £27.00m
  • Mendy: £51.75m
  • Laporte: £58.50m
  • Sandler: £2.25m
  • Angelino: £10.80m
  • Steffen: £6.14m
  • Cancelo: £58.50m
  • Porro: £10.80m
  • Couto: £5.40m
  • Ake: £41.00m
  • Dias: £50.00m

Total: £477.8m

Final score

32 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Not to mention both Forest and Derby losing 3 in a row! 

18 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Apologies Pep. We made up for it later in the game. 😂

oh god how do I delete quotes on mobile this is as gash as Kyle Walker's performance

:riyad:

Been reading through this and one poster mentioned about how we couldn't play in tight spaces when we lost 6-1 but could do it today. Well, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure in the first half I heard Brendan shout "2 touches" to the CB's and Mendy. We are now capable of quick tight space play, its coming together nicely. 

Trouble is, how can we drop Mendy for Ndidi when he comes back? It's surely no coincidence that Tielemans is playing some of the best football of his LCFC career?? 

On to the game, first 15mins was a little worrying... very worrying actually. However the gameplan worked, we were patient and kept our shape very well. I thought the major positives were how disciplined we were throight the game and the fact that we didn't crumble when going a goal down so early. 

Some fantastic play, credit to Brendan for getting it perfect on the day and to the players who executed the plan. 

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Watch the game mate and how it plays out. Rodgers tactically today was exceptional

One thing I’ve learnt from reading so much nonsense on the match thread is to watch the game and then summarise it afterwards.

Serves two purposes:

1. You are watching, not writing on here

2. You don’t look a dick

Thats fair but not everybody's the same. I stand by what I was writing at the time so don't feel like a dick. I'd rather us win than be right 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pep has previous for whining when a team sits in, they struggle to break them down, and it ends a draw. Having scored 5 goals, I can't see how we 'did nothing'.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Thats fair but not everybody's the same. I stand by what I was writing at the time so don't feel like a dick. I'd rather us win than be right 

It’s not going to make us win by what you write on here fella

I swear, more people are writing during the match thread, than watching

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Disagree with you on this one Col. After so many games of watching us roll over for the big boys it's understandable for people to vent their frustrations when the game was taking a familiar path. Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

My pre-game thoughts had nothing to do with hindsight...

I Feel it more embracing and relaxing to encourage,

AND BELIEVE in the Team I SUPPORT..!!...

Why start the day on constipated foreprogrammed frustration..

Foxesforum have a lot of masochists just waiting for that whipping...

Hello @Col city fan, have you prepared your U-turn, on Amartey....

• Like 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

My pre-game thoughts had nothing to do with hindsight...

I Feel it more embracing and relaxing to encourage,

AND BELIEVE in the Team I SUPPORT..!!...

Why start the day on constipated foreprogrammed frustration..

Foxesforum have a lot of masochists just waiting for that whipping...

Hello @Col city fan, have you prepared your U-turn, on Amartey....

Which is good for you. Doesn't mean everyone has to share that view. It's a football forum for discussing the thing we all love. I'm an optimist too, doesn't mean I can't voice my concerns if I see us repeatedly doing the same thing.

1 hour ago, mowmacrefox said:

Pep Guardiola has blamed his Manchester City side's shock 5-2 capitulation at the hands of Leicester City on the visitors' lack of desire to attack in the early stages of the game.:crylaugh:

These top managers are so used to winning and being dominant they struggle to comprehend games like this.

4 hours ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Ok admit it. What sick bastard had 20 quid on us to win 5-2.

It was my turn in our punters club and I popped a $20 on them also. Boys were saying we don’t know much about the EPL but good luck. 9-1 for the top side. You’d never get that again. 

Edited by Fozdog

22 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

No point talking about whether Ndidi can come back in, it could be 3 months away and anything can happen between now and then. Mendy has the position now. 

The idea that pappy gets to Xmas as our first choice CDM and without an injury is a very strange one ....... twists and turns to come ..... we may have amartey and cags as our CB partnership and kel up front v West Ham ! 

40 minutes ago, hejammy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54319820

These guys are absolutely deluded! 

Bad losers. Turning into Jose Mourinho is Pep.

If you spend as much money as he has at Man City, you should be prepared to have all the solutions to the challenge your opponent puts out.

We weren't defensive at all anyway after the first 25 mins and controlled the game second half completely. 

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Which is good for you. Doesn't mean everyone has to share that view. It's a football forum for discussing the thing we all love. I'm an optimist too, doesn't mean I can't voice my concerns if I see us repeatedly doing the same thing.

Patience, time, and realising in sport transistion,Translation of aspirations will often take longer,than a season...even needing more attempts just to hold positions

while not quite knitting...

The first 7 pages of our Match thread,was nothing Short of depressing...I prefered when we happy to be fearless n fuk, the rest....!!! Week in week out...

thats the character that took us into this successful period in our history...

There wasnt one decent argument in those First Pages today...Just flippant criticism....