Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would we entertain putting a player in an unsuitable position jut to accommodate them in the team!!!

It hasn't stopped Rodgers putting Perez out as a wide right forward when he's anything but. Maddison has recovered from his injury and shown what he can do in both the cup and cameo sub appearance against Man City. Maddison is creative and makes things happen so against a team that is going to apply a deep block and look to hit us on the break, having all of our technical players on the pitch isn't the worst idea in the world. We want creativity and players that can finish against such a team, and Maddison can do both.

Plenty of fans on here wouldn't have put Daniel Amartey in as RCB or James Justin into the team as left wing back, but it worked out pretty well against Man City. So perhaps we should entertain such ideas more often...

Alternatively if Under is match fit and gets a full week of training under his belt he could start in that position too. But I think we will go Maddison for 60 and Under for 30 assuming Praet isn't fit.

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It hasn't stopped Rodgers putting Perez out as a wide right forward when he's anything but. Maddison has recovered from his injury and shown what he can do in both the cup and cameo sub appearance against Man City. Maddison is creative and makes things happen so against a team that is going to apply a deep block and look to hit us on the break, having all of our technical players on the pitch isn't the worst idea in the world. We want creativity and players that can finish against such a team, and Maddison can do both.

Plenty of fans on here wouldn't have put Daniel Amartey in as RCB or James Justin into the team as left wing back, but it worked out pretty well against Man City. So perhaps we should entertain such ideas more often...

Alternatively if Under is match fit and gets a full week of training under his belt he could start in that position too. But I think we will go Maddison for 60 and Under for 30 assuming Praet isn't fit.

...we were forced to utilise these options as we had no experienced players to take up these positions!!!

Justin we knew could play that position as he had done before and Amartey at RCB was a position he would have played at International level. 

Amartey was a surprise as he is very much a steady Eddie in midfield and having been out for all this time he acquitted himself well.

Playing Perez wide Right has not turned out to be a great success and splits this forum in respect of money well spent. Maddison out wide has not been a success and stifled the team when played in that position.

• Like 1

I'm going to assume that Evans and Praet are out for this one so I think it will be three at the back, not through choice but because we don't have a partner for Cags.   I was pleased for Amartey at the weekend but putting him in a two scares me.  It seems that Morgan isn't trusted because he has just turned 103 but we have little choice so i'm going to go:

Schmeichel

Amartey   Cags   Morgan

Castagne                                                  Justin

Mendy

Tielemans              Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

6 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Absolutely.  No way we'll win four out of four! Of course we'll loose this 🤦‍♀️

^ I realise how sarcastic I sound...i honestly don't think we'll win 😅😅 too early in the morning to covey emotion clearly 😅

can see us reverting back to the Burnley formation 

Schmeichel

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Justin

Mendy Tielemans 

Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

Ward / Morgan / Under / Iheanacho / Fuchs / Albrighton / Choudhury 

Maddison to come in if Praet is injured. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

West Ham couldn't cope with us last season, much prefer 4-1-4-1 at home anyway and give Ünder a full start.

West Ham have the distraction of a game on Wednesday (even though they likely will not field all their regulars) and many here are still pessimistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

can see us reverting back to the Burnley formation 

Schmeichel

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Justin

Mendy Tielemans 

Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

Ward / Morgan / Under / Iheanacho / Fuchs / Albrighton / Choudhury 

Maddison to come in if Praet is injured. 

I like this, Tielemans and Mendy worked really well together, Mendy is nowhere near as good as Ndidi at being a solo destroyer he needs players close to him to pass to and work with. Tielemans looks better as a traditional midfielder not going too far forward and that gives Maddison the freedom to find space.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Looks like Morgans playing then:)

He was driving the bus...should have been nicked for driving without due care and attention, as he was upstairs collecting bus fares when it sailed past the bus stop