Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

21 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

It's the big question isn't it.

I guess we'll have a better chance to answer it after the presser tomorrow with an update on Praet. 

Speculative answer to you question, If Praet's 100%, I'd doubt Maddison would start, unless they've trained on a new system that allows Maddison in as well. 

Wadda you think?

Praet has been selected for Belgium yesterday so I’m assuming that means his knee isn’t that bad as they would of spoke to see how he was.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why don't you want Ünder playing,if anything it's a great chance for him to build his relationship with our players on the pitch, we're flying high and we got the 9 points in our treasure chest.

Play him,even if he's terrible we should have enough quality to at least get a draw

I would imagine we will revert back to 4 at the back pre man c game with Evans in if fit or big Dan, hopefully Dennis is passed fit so that’s then Perez or Sharky on the right.

60-70mins Madders and Under to come on to finish the game off and hopefully ickle Wes has a few minutes for Evans if cramp comes in.

I think we'll go back to 4 at the back, I think Evans will be fine to play but who knows. I also think Praet will start again, with Maddison coming on around 60 minutes again as he has done recently.

Under will be in the squad, but I think he'll be on the bench. I can't see Fofana being included even if he's signed in time, he'll be in for Villa at home in 2 weeks.

No reason we can't win this, I think Barnes will have another great match.

:scarf:

12 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Leicester must be aware of West Ham's aerial threat

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1849842

I can see a back 3 at some point, even if we start with a 4.

I never feel comfortable with us facing set pieces anymore. Long gone are the days where Huth and Morgan could just bully people off the ball and get rid of anything coming in. And don't get me started on the bloody hand ball shambles! Still think we've got enough quality to win this :thumbup:  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I never feel comfortable with us facing set pieces anymore. Long gone are the days where Huth and Morgan could just bully people off the ball and get rid of anything coming in. And don't get me started on the bloody hand ball shambles! Still think we've got enough quality to win this :thumbup:  

Me neither. Hopefully we can stop the crosses, get a lead then see how it is going. Big Dan or Wes off the bench might an idea if West Ham start throwing the kitchen sink at us.

Little Wes looks like a partial solution long term, but we aren't a big side, especially now we have gone from Ndidi to Papy.

• Like 1

Reckon we get ahead but will have a nervy end to the game with them throwing long balls to Antonio, Soucek and Haller.

Morgan on at 75 mins to preserve the lead after our quality sees us score a couple early on. 

3-2 win.

If there were ever a game to start Wes, this might be it - if Evans can't go.  Without Wilf we would be serially deficient in height, and Kasper is probably the worst GK in the Prem defending corners.  Still think I'd go with Big Dan over Big Wes, though, even in a back 4.

Moyes isn’t a complicated manager. He will target JJ on crosses with Antonio or haller and also ask one of his physically capable midfielders to push onto pappy.  Their game plan heavily reliant on inviting us to play out from the back and setting traps for pappy to receive and get ‘ambushed’. We should prepare with easy first time out balls if we are going to play out 

• Like 1

I’ll be annoyed if BR overly respects a very average West Ham team by going defence or 3 at the back.

We need to just go at them like the Burnley game and we’ll have enough to win 9/10 times we play.

Kasper

Castange Evans Soyuncu Justin

Mendy

Praet Tielemens 

Perez           Vardy             Barnes

If Evans is out Armarty in a Back 4. If Praets out the Maddison in for straight swap.

Could contemplate using Under over Perez but probably better to wait until 60/70 see how the games going.

4123 though please Brendan. This is not the game to respect West Ham’s long ball tactics and invite them on by starting 3 Cbs.

Teams like West Ham are actually harder to break down than City playing this tactic funnily enough!

City it worked because if we break there high press , we are in with pace on there weak defence who, without Laporte, were inexperienced and Garcia and Ake just couldn’t cope.

Vs West Ham, they will attack on set pieces and drop deep when we have the ball, so we won’t need to break the high press but there will be less space for us in behind.

This game will be horrible for Barnes and Vardy if we play 5 and the back , it’ll play right into West Ham’s hands.