Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

Looks great but I wonder if it’s too much change to try in one match.

You’re probably right!

Head says start Perez/Amartey, but heart says give Under/Fofana a run out. I think the bigger question is what formation will we play. Personally I hope we revert back to the 4-1-4-1. 

17 minutes ago, KFS said:

Looks great but I wonder if it’s too much change to try in one match.

Doubt if he’ll play Under or Fofana from the start; Brendan tends to be cautious that way and he don’t need to press the panic parachute them in now button. I expect both may be on the bench for Sunday assuming Jonny E is fit enough. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Doubt if he’ll play Under or Fofana from the start; Brendan tends to be cautious that way and he don’t need to press the panic parachute them in now button. I expect both may be on the bench for Sunday assuming Jonny E is fit enough. 

Will either/both be available for this match?

West Ham were hammered tonight but I think realistically only Rice & Cresswell will have the quick turnaround of playing on Sunday. 

I believe they’ll have Moyes back on the touch line & Diop back from their COVID isolation but will be without Fredericks who went off injured vs Wolves. 

They set up very similar to how we did vs Man City (5-2-3) and will look to hurt us on the break with Antonio & Bowen. 

I can’t see their side being anything other than;

Fabianski

Johnson, Diop, Ogbonna, Creswell, Masuaku 

Rice, Soucek 

Bowen, Antonio, Fornals

I would like to think we should have more than enough to beat them, Barnes vs the inexperience of Johnson could be the key. 

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Wasn't Castagne straight in against West Brom after just 1 training session?

But I do agree it is probably unlikely he will throw both in

I ****ing hate these no marks but it always feels like we make them look like Barcelona of old, rather than the Munich Barcelona which they are for the rest of the season. 

Back to whatever our flat back 4 formation is and time for another world beating debut. Arise sir under. 

**** these bubble blowing caaaaannnnttttsss!!! 

• Haha 1

Perhaps a different formation as we can afford to be less on the back foot and more attacking. However, I don't think we carried any passengers last week and would stick with the same personal where possible with the exception of cover for injuries. I see absolutely no reason to start with either Perez or Gray as you'd merely be introducing passengers. Last weeks players deserve their places if they fit the proposed formation. 

I would be very surprised if we do not go back to our preferred 4-1-4-1. Amartey in for evans if unfit, Ditto Maddison for Praet.

We could see Under on for Perez at the hour mark. Can't see Fofana starting, not even sure if he will be eligible anyway, but if he is again maybe a run out late in second half.

Hopefully another three points and still top of the league going into the break.

Whats the worry, we're 25% onwards towards safety already... 

Im wary iff Evans & Praet are injured. To keep the 4-1-4-1 formation we'd have to play Forfana for sure. I'd also play Under but this is a more tricky position particularly given the rapport that Castagne already has with Perez and generally with the midfield. I also think with a 4-1-4-1 that we need a playmaker and Perez already knows his job. Bring Under on at 60 minutes.

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Do we think Madders will start?

It's the big question isn't it.

I guess we'll have a better chance to answer it after the presser tomorrow with an update on Praet. 

Speculative answer to you question, If Praet's 100%, I'd doubt Maddison would start, unless they've trained on a new system that allows Maddison in as well. 

Wadda you think?