Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

Think we will set up the same way as the first two games. 

Kaspar

Castagne

Evans (Amartey if Evans injured)

Soyuncu 

Justin

Mendy

Barnes

Tielemans

Praet (Maddison if Praet injured)

Perez

Vardy

I can see Under being on the bench and getting about 15-20mins, much like we've eased Maddison back. We might see him earlier, depends if Perez can be effective or not. 

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

There’s just too much nervous indecision in our box when a ball is lobbed in. Kasper stands deep in his box a lot and someone in Defence usually doesn’t pick up the loose man

Do we not use zonal marking?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

83D249D9-71DF-4541-802B-DF58831E9A3F.jpeg

Sounds about right, adjusting to the pressing from the front that Rodgers will demand will take him a while. I'd expect him to "do an Okazaki" in many games and be withdrawn quite early as he gets tired.

Pleasing to hear about his quality though. Someone like Mahrez or Salah in our current team would bag a ton of goals. Under is a clinical finisher and if gets the chances Barnes makes for himself, he can easily bag 10-15 a season if he stays fit. Will be interesting to see how he performs for us.  

I see Wesley and Cengiz being on the bench for this one. Not sure they will be coming on either, it depends on the situation. If we're losing he may throw on Cengiz, but I can't see Wesley being put on at all unless there are injuries to Evans or Caglar; or heaven forbid a sending off for one of them!

Hopefully we can negotiate this match reasonably comfortably without too many alarms before the international break. However I would point out that West Ham now have belief, pace, height and strength; attributes that we have recently not been able to deal with too well this year.  

Who's the ref for this game? 

52 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I can see us having 60/65% possession, so need to be patient and let our quality show. If Tielemans is on form, he’ll dominate the midfield. Just need to take our chances and hopefully we can handle the long ball to Antonio. 

It's been so fun watching tielemans slot in inch perfect passes and playing up to his potential. I just hope if Maddison is back in the starting XI that it doesn't cause him to revert back to last season's form.

Edited by Detroit Blues

3 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I see Wesley and Cengiz being on the bench for this one. Not sure they will be coming on either, it depends on the situation. If we're losing he may throw on Cengiz, but I can't see Wesley being put on at all unless there are injuries to Evans or Caglar; or heaven forbid a sending off for one of them!

Hopefully we can negotiate this match reasonably comfortably without too many alarms before the international break. However I would point out that West Ham now have belief, pace, height and strength; attributes that we have recently not been able to deal with too well this year.  

Who's the ref for this game? 

Evans seems to be picking up little niggles here and there and didn't really have a pre-season so I imagine if we are comfortable it would be wise to take Evans off for a bit and give Fofana a run out

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Eddie Smart, Adrian Holmes. Fourth official: Simon Hooper. VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Marc Perry.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Evans seems to be picking up little niggles here and there and didn't really have a pre-season so I imagine if we are comfortable it would be wise to take Evans off for a bit and give Fofana a run out

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Eddie Smart, Adrian Holmes. Fourth official: Simon Hooper. VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Marc Perry.

Give Wes a run out, just for fun a?

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy

Maddison - Tielemans

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Can't see Under starting just yet. Reckon he'll be given his phased game-time like Maddison has this season. 

Just hope that when Maddison and Tielemans play, they aren't restrictive of each other. Especially for the latter who's been one of the best players so far and has started in great form.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we played same way as we did against Man City and hit them hard on the break.

Why? we are a much better team than West Ham. Bar our top 4 competitors, we dominate most games we play. West Ham will be sitting back (just like most teams do against us now), it will be up to us to win the football match. Cannot imagine there will be the space in behind or in between their defence and midfield as there was vs Manchester City for us to exploit. First goal is key.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The key thing is for us to deal with their height and physicality. They have some seriously big and strong players. Given our relative lack of height and physicality that could be an issue defending set pieces.

That's what we bought for for for for for for for for for for for for for fana for.

..sorry, got a stutter.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Judging by what Rodgers has said. 

Kasper

Castagne Evans Cags JJ

Madders Mendy YT

Perez Vards Barnes 

Cags on for Perez 55, Praet gives Madders a rest 75ish.

I know Cags is good but come on mate. 

@Ali Seyyah was right.

Admin sort it. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Judging by what Rodgers has said. 

Kasper

Castagne Evans Cags JJ

Madders Mendy YT

Perez Vards Barnes 

Cags on for Perez 55, Praet gives Madders a rest 75ish.

Start Praet and bring Madders on second half. 

Concerned about moving Cags out wide and leaving us short in defence. Ünder for Perez?