Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

I don't think Rodgers can be blamed too much for today. There were so many individual errors leading to their goals. I thought he was right to go to a back 5, but we didn't make that dominance in the second half pay and then got stuffed by a sucker punch.

Having Ndidi and Vardy out is bad at the best of times, but they would have made a massive difference against this Leeds team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lets not turn on Rodgers again after one poor performance, he's arguably the best we're going to get, he does have his flaws as will every single manager that comes here.

The most important thing in the next 6 months is that we start hunting for a Vardy back up/long term replacement, immediately.

I'm usually annoyed after losing but I'm not today, I felt we didn't play too badly and lost massive players that would've helped us hugely.

It was a tight game that went against us. Far better than the no-shows against West Ham and Fulham.

• Like 1

Rodgers is class, I hate Leeds and it hurt today but we are not the finished article, I don't think this is the total squad Rodgers wants, he's having to be patient though, today we missed timmy, wilf and vardy, we'll put 6 past Fulham with a nacho and Perez hatrick in a 4-4-2 formation #keepthefaith

17 hours ago, TK95 said:

Got it badly wrong today. From start to finish

Classic Foxestalk, oh we lost, aaaargh I'm angry, let's write shit in the Rodgers thread.

So bored of this appearing at the top of the topic list every time we lose.

Please explain constructively what you would have done which would have led to a different result, enlighten us with your supreme tactics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t see how Rodgers can be blamed for us completely shitting the bed when we don’t have N’didi in the midfield. I saw a stat earlier on that our win % when he isn’t playing is something like 21%....****ing laughable really and goes to show that in some areas our squad is paper thin. And he’ll realise that as well I’m certain. He can’t magic a solution out of thin air and can you imagine the pelters he’d have got if he played two midfielders in front of the back 4 yesterday?! 

Its on the recruitment team. We’ve had so many opportunities to plan for the eventualities of players getting injured and bolstering our squad in key areas such as the midfield and attack. As much as they deserve the absolute rimming they get for the defensive options we have they should be criticised for not taking care of the above. 

26 minutes ago, Manini said:

I can’t see how Rodgers can be blamed for us completely shitting the bed when we don’t have N’didi in the midfield. I saw a stat earlier on that our win % when he isn’t playing is something like 21%....****ing laughable really and goes to show that in some areas our squad is paper thin. And he’ll realise that as well I’m certain. He can’t magic a solution out of thin air and can you imagine the pelters he’d have got if he played two midfielders in front of the back 4 yesterday?! 

Its on the recruitment team. We’ve had so many opportunities to plan for the eventualities of players getting injured and bolstering our squad in key areas such as the midfield and attack. As much as they deserve the absolute rimming they get for the defensive options we have they should be criticised for not taking care of the above. 

Or we just have to accept that despite our recent rise to the top half of the PL, we're still not able to have like for like replacements waiting in the wings. It's extraordinary what we have achieved in defense, but you look at our options in midfield (Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Choudhury, James (loan) & KDH (loan)) and we have to shift someone out before bringing someone in surely. Unfortunately, we've been burdened by Slimani and two big investments in Iheanacho and Perez, so again it might well be the case we need to shift one out to allow one in on long-term deal.

1 minute ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

In the summer he said we needed 5 players in, we only signed 3. This window he said we need an attacking mid, we bring in no one. 

To be honest when clubs are scrambling for the likes of Joshua King you probably see why. Frustrating but it is what it is unfortunately. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

In the summer he said we needed 5 players in, we only signed 3. This window he said we need an attacking mid, we bring in no one. 

No manager in the land gets everything they want in a window. Also the more players you sign in a window typically the more turn out to be donkeys.

10 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

he is a bit of a moaner occassionally, cannot see any reason why we need an attacking mid atm - we have perez & maddison

we need a bleedin striker

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rodgers?
He's probably the least moaning manager around!

hmmmm fair you interact with managers more than me! i know he never moans about refs but at celtic he often talked about lack of ambition at the club; and last two transfer windows feels like we has said he was wanted more than has been delivered to him (i.e. 5 signing in summer & a attacking mid this window)

1 minute ago, eblair said:

hmmmm fair you interact with managers more than me! i know he never moans about refs but at celtic he often talked about lack of ambition at the club; and last two transfer windows feels like we has said he was wanted more than has been delivered to him (i.e. 5 signing in summer & a attacking mid this window)

That was Celtic...!!!

Thats History...hmmmmm

On 01/02/2021 at 18:10, Gav_LCFC14 said:

That was before James Justin turned into prime Cafu, Barnes found his scoring touch, and Dan Amartey proved himself to be a worthy sub. Those three players may have changed the transfer strategy. 

• Like 2