Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Anybody read the article about David Moyes getting hacked off Fofana choosing us and st etienne admitting they nearly wouldn't see him to us because of how difficult we were?

I used to always think that our signings were always made a little to complicated by the club but how they controlled it in the end it seemed like they were saying, right that's enough just finish the deal. Fair play.

Kasper

Ricardo Forfana Soyuncu Castange

Kante

Maddison Tielemens
          Mahrez Vardy Barnes

That team, all in their prime, would have a good chance at the CL. Wes is the best CB we have ever had.

Hes played 7 games and is 19 and I keep telling myself to stop ‘knee jerking’ but he really is that good.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

we constantly have people's pants down and then upgrade these days.

selling maguire for 80m and spending 30m on fofana should go down as one of the best PL transfer results ever.

people complain a lot still but we're a clinically well run club.

You look at all of our "big deals" since 2016 - Kante to Chelsea was actually a great deal for all parties, even though we didn't want to sell. Huge profit for us, trophy for Chelsea. 

But since then?

Drinkwater? Pants down on Chelsea, and removed someone about to fall off the edge from our dressing room. 

Mahrez? He stopped caring for us, and ManCity got a very, very pricey bench player.

Maguire? Holy F-cking Sh-t! Twitter is enough to tell you what we got away with.

Chilwell? Remains to be seen how well he will work out for Chelsea -- although it seems to be going well -- but would he even break the starting 11 right now, especially if there were no injuries?

Of those, Mahrez is the only one we have never really managed to replace.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You look at all of our "big deals" since 2016 - Kante to Chelsea was actually a great deal for all parties, even though we didn't want to sell. Huge profit for us, trophy for Chelsea. 

But since then?

Drinkwater? Pants down on Chelsea, and removed someone about to fall off the edge from our dressing room. 

Mahrez? He stopped caring for us, and ManCity got a very, very pricey bench player.

Maguire? Holy F-cking Sh-t! Twitter is enough to tell you what we got away with.

Chilwell? Remains to be seen how well he will work out for Chelsea -- although it seems to be going well -- but would he even break the starting 11 right now, especially if there were no injuries?

Agree with all of those except Kante. He won the PL and got Player on the season, also won the FA Cup and Europa League , not forgetting the World Cup. Still an elite player and would walk back into our first 11. 32 was a steal for Chelsea, he was worth 100 mill in reality.

Other than that Drinkwater, Maguire and Chillwell all fantastic business.

Drinkwater we got the best of a fairly average player and a good fee.

Maguire we milked it, on a player who everyone inside Leicester knew was average but used his media hype to pull Utds pants down.

Chillwell is another Maguire case of over hype by English media. 50 mill is decent, we probably could of got more as to how overrated he is but take the money and sign Forfana and Castange for roughly the same seems incredible business to me.
Mahrez we did well to force that much money from a sulker who was 27? 28? Getting on a bit , we got the best out of him. Great business.

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

But since then?

If we were offered Chilwell back for Timmy Chestnuts would you take the deal?

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If we were offered Chilwell back for Timmy Chestnuts would you take the deal?

Think we need to wait to see castagne on the left before we can make that assesment, although tbf with chilwell not wanting to play for us anymore castagne on the left will definitely be better than the form chilwell was showing.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Anybody read the article about David Moyes getting hacked off Fofana choosing us and st etienne admitting they nearly wouldn't see him to us because of how difficult we were?

I used to always think that our signings were always made a little to complicated by the club but how they controlled it in the end it seemed like they were saying, right that's enough just finish the deal. Fair play.

Yeah its that playing hard ball too much, I got a feeling we eased off in the end.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 13:16, UHDrive said:

I don't think West ham were ever in the running. I think Puel / ASSE played us knowing the Rudkin/Whelan/Thai family would be loathe to lose a player to Lady Muck and her bosses' spunk stained money, following her loose tongued, gutter press gossip column. 

But, yes, in the end, we paid the price and got the deal done over anyone else..... and and as all good business deals should be, all parties thought they'd screwed the other. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Agree with all of those except Kante. He won the PL and got Player on the season, also won the FA Cup and Europa League , not forgetting the World Cup. Still an elite player and would walk back into our first 11. 32 was a steal for Chelsea, he was worth 100 mill in reality.

Other than that Drinkwater, Maguire and Chillwell all fantastic business.

Drinkwater we got the best of a fairly average player and a good fee.

Maguire we milked it, on a player who everyone inside Leicester knew was average but used his media hype to pull Utds pants down.

Chillwell is another Maguire case of over hype by English media. 50 mill is decent, we probably could of got more as to how overrated he is but take the money and sign Forfana and Castange for roughly the same seems incredible business to me.
Mahrez we did well to force that much money from a sulker who was 27? 28? Getting on a bit , we got the best out of him. Great business.

He really wouldn’t you know. Loved Kante as much as any fan, but Kante now isn’t as good as Ndidi. I’m not sure I’d even take the current Kante over Mendy?

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

He really wouldn’t you know. Loved Kante as much as any fan, but Kante now isn’t as good as Ndidi. I’m not sure I’d even take the current Kante over Mendy?

I’ll always see Kante as better than Ndidi. 15/16 memories play a big part. I don’t think any fan thought Morgan and Huth, even as truly outstanding as they were, were world class when one-on-one with elite strikers. And the genius of our win was that the team didn’t expose them to that threat. But it still happened. Yet at some point in the season, when it did happen, I was incredibly relaxed about it. Because I knew Kante would trot back and, no matter who it was, insouciantly nick the ball of them and recycle their attack into our counter attack. Obviously Ndidi isn’t the same kind of player. Mendy is similar, and really amazing, but Kante, along with Vardy and Mahrez, were once in a lifetime players. The fact we can even have these discussion, knowing our past, is incredible.

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It’s such a myth that Kante is suddenly not as good. Sarri changed his position and he’s not an attacking midfielder but in the enforcer role he’s as good as anyone in world football.
He’s still at Chelsea despite the millions they have spent because they know this. Man Utd we’re linked to wanting him too as well as PSG.

He would walk back into our team and trust me I’m a huge Ndidi fan but Kante was, and still is, on another planet. He’s a once in a generation player and would walk into any team in the world.

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I’ll always see Kante as better than Ndidi. 15/16 memories play a big part. I don’t think any fan thought Morgan and Huth, even as truly outstanding as they were, were world class when one-on-one with elite strikers. And the genius of our win was that the team didn’t expose them to that threat. But it still happened. Yet at some point in the season, when it did happen, I was incredibly relaxed about it. Because I knew Kante would trot back and, no matter who it was, insouciantly nick the ball of them and recycle their attack into our counter attack. Obviously Ndidi isn’t the same kind of player. Mendy is similar, and really amazing, but Kante, along with Vardy and Mahrez, were once in a lifetime players. The fact we can even have these discussion, knowing our past, is incredible.

10 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s such a myth that Kante is suddenly not as good. Sarri changed his position and he’s not an attacking midfielder but in the enforcer role he’s as good as anyone in world football.
He’s still at Chelsea despite the millions they have spent because they know this. Man Utd we’re linked to wanting him too as well as PSG.

He would walk back into our team and trust me I’m a huge Ndidi fan but Kante was, and still is, on another planet. He’s a once in a generation player and would walk into any team in the world.

Ok, maybe I should have put ‘IMO’ in my original post?!?

It’d be interesting to see what the majority view is among Leicester fans: would you take 2020 Ndidi or Kante?

With respect to both @Foxxedand @deanolegend1989  my vote goes to Wilf!

Edited by Steve Earle
Typo